Hello All

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Hello All

Post by Prabhath » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Welcome aboard. Great pictures and kudos to your daughter for her prowess. Am hoping and praying that my lil daughter who is three and a half now develops similar interests. Cannot say if she will get to handle firearms for sure especially with the current state of affairs in India. She will definitely be safely exposed to airguns at the right time.

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Thanks Prabhat,
I encourage everyone to teach their children to be aware of firearms. If nothing else, so they can safely handle a firearm if they come across one. My daughter fired her first pistol, a Ruger Standard model in .22LR at the age of five. She lost interest soon after that and I never pushed her. It was not till she went to college that she showed a desire to shoot again. i was more than happy to oblige her at that time.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:53 pm

@xl_target:

Lovely pictures, gun collection; charming young lady. I was particularly thrilled to see the double gun belt and the cross draw - butt forward position on the left hip. Many thanks for sharing the images. :D
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Hello man! You bumped up a year old thread. Still I'm not pissed off since I got a chance to see Indians getting settled down in USA. It gave me encouragement and a little more hope to be a legal alien in the USA someday.

God bless America :)
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:20 am

ckkalyan wrote:I was particularly thrilled to see the double gun belt and the cross draw - butt forward position on the left hip. Many thanks for sharing the images.
You mean like this? :D
(photo by Oleg)
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:18 am

Very nice picture xl, good to know your daughter have the same hobby, my son is the same way he like the toy's lot's, he is all way's ready for the range :cheers:

Baljit

rraju2805
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by rraju2805 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:58 am

well collection & nice pic. ,
thanx for share with us.

How many guns you have xl_target ?
YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOMETIME
BUT YOU CAN"T FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL TIME

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:45 pm

rraju2805 wrote:well collection & nice pic. ,
thanx for share with us.

How many guns you have xl_target ?
rraju, No offense taken on my part but most people will not answer that question. They will show photos of individual firearms but will not tell you how many total guns they have. :D

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:40 pm

four score and ten
ROTFL
To Excellence through Diligence.

Waquar Ahmad Afaque
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Waquar Ahmad Afaque » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:56 pm

Dear Xl-target,
A warm welcome to IFG. :D

Thanks & Regards,
Waquar Ahmad Afaque

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Dear Waquar,
XL has been around for a longer time. He joined on 29 Jul 2009. That's almost 2 years now. I think he should welcome you instead.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:56 pm

LOL, Yes, Prashant, you're quite right. Where are my manners?
Welcome to IFG, Waquar. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

kenhypno
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by kenhypno » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:03 am

great guns !welcome!
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -- The Dalai Lama, (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times)

Glock 25
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Glock 25 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:53 pm

xl_target wrote:Oleg Volk recommended that I check out these forums. I did grow up in India but I was ignorant of the state that firearms ownership has come to over there. I have been browsing these forums and found a lot to interest me. I have always had a keen interest in firearms, ever since I was a little kid. I had an uncle in Coorg who first taught me to hunt and as he had a room full of guns, I never thought much about the lack of access that I encountered elsewhere. I was also in the NCC for a while and we did get to drill with Smellys and shoot the training rifles. Being a service brat, I have lived all over India as well as a few other places. I am, however, still an Indian citizen but resident here in the US. Having lived in a few of India's biggest cities, I now much prefer the solitude and low population density of rural and small town America, especially for the oppurtunities that they offer for hunting and shooting. I have been here for about 28 years and the Queen's English has been hammered out of me so I hope I don't offend anyone with my Americanized spelling and grammar.

I own a few handguns and rifles and have a "Permit to Carry a Pistol". This state doesn't distinguish between revolvers or semi-autos, they are all classified as pistols. Over here, for all practical purposes, the word "pistol" is interchangeable with "handgun".

Below, I have posted a couple of photo's of my carry guns:
[ Image ]

wow what a beauity
FIGHT FOR RIGHT UNTILL DEATH