healers make good shots

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

healers make good shots

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:38 pm

Hi all

we seem to have a fairly active medic population in our forum. it would be fun to see what trends we have as far as gun interests, ownerships and specialties go.

so, may i invite all my doctor friends and members to give us a short intro about themselves, and the guns that they own.

i'm going to start with myself.

i am an anaesthetist with an (enforced) interest in emergency medicine and critical care(which means i do on calls in those specialities at the point of a gun......and for money, of course :wink: !). initially based (grad MBBS, post grad MD)in delhi, but currently working/studying/researching at the university hospital, cambridge,U.K.

i own:

an IHP 35 in 0.22 (but of course)
an AA prosport in 0.177
a mehar singh 12g o/u
a beretta 686e 12g o/u multichoked sporter
plus a varied assortement of telescopic sights...... deben hawkes,nikko sterlings and so forth.

and am scheduled to inherit a few interesting things, which i dare not reveal unless i lay my hands on them officially (there's many a slip.....remember).

looking forwards to :twisted: your revealations!

anand
Last edited by hamiclar01 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Dr Narendra Yadav
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Dr Narendra Yadav » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:29 pm

Dr Anand

I am dr Narendra Yadav from Mumbai have done my M.B.B.S from Aurangabad Maha.Working off shore in Bomabay high as medical officer on American rig.

Having .32 colt revolver
Just sold 250/3000 savage rifle and looking for a good 30-06 rifle.

Regards

Dr Narendra Yadav
Regarding 250 Savage ammo

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:51 pm

Ha, now the show begins
Emergency Physician-Yes, there is such a dedicated specialty in India- which means I turn the hackles of many colleagues- ,Ortho,Cardiac, Gen Surg, Plastic ,Dental...
Guns
450/400 Double cordite rifle
Walther PPK/s in 22
A 'Dev' pimped up air rifle in 177-its scoped -watch out all ye sub MOA shooters
fav guns:
45 Colt in Les Baer HRT special or S&W Mod 25 in 45
Fav Rifle caliber 338 Mag /300 Wea Mag
If I had to live with 1 rifle in India-
The holy blessed 303 in mark 4
Didnt like shot guns much, until I met Abhijeet's shotgun;now- I WANT...A double brit.Will settle for a pump too.
What I may be forced to buy -an IOFB 22 revolver

best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

penpusher

Re: healers turned shooters

Post by penpusher » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:44 pm

Asif,

OT but for a little bit more than what you would pay for an IOF .22 junk ,you can get a H&R .32 top break revolver.

penpusher

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:40 am

penpusher!

you have stimulated my interest! what is the market value of a H&R break top revolver in .32.........someone has been trying to sell me one for some time, but with a deal that starts with "aapko jo theek lage daktarsaheb", i find it hard to open my mouth for a price :roll: .

asif.......you are man after my own heart sir! ogling at 303s has been a childhood habit, only partly replaced with ogling at the black cat HKs. maybe someday with get one, spruce and 'scope it up. btw, what do the cartridges cost in india?

anand
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:19 am

Gentlemen,

Could I suggest a change in the title of this thread from "Healers turned shooters" to "healers and shooters?"

The present title sounds like Jekyll turned Hyde or good boy turned bad, and I would suggest that this is not a good way of looking at the medical profession! :lol:

Cheers!

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:10 am

hamiclar01,

The fellow is obvioulsy afraid of quoting a price.Fears asking for too less or asking for too much and losing a customer.H&R top break revolvers are not in great demand or for that matter 5 shot revolvers.Price would depend upon condition.One in very good condition would be for about 45-70,000/- (depends upon greed).If you are lucky you might get one for about 45,000/-. Just tell him that this is your budget and then see what he has to say.

penpusher

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:36 pm

Thanks for the idea penpusher, Handled a couple Iver Johnson I think, or might have been a H&R. The 32 HR magnum at one time did interest me...
Anand, 450/400? between 250 -500 a pop!
-The smelling salts, quick!!
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:15 pm

Whaat really? My gawd my old fantasies of having a six gun are coming back. But where are they available? Are they pretty common?

Regards,

Dev
penpusher";p="13506 wrote: hamiclar01,

The fellow is obvioulsy afraid of quoting a price.Fears asking for too less or asking for too much and losing a customer.H&R top break revolvers are not in great demand or for that matter 5 shot revolvers.Price would depend upon condition.One in very good condition would be for about 45-70,000/- (depends upon greed).If you are lucky you might get one for about 45,000/-. Just tell him that this is your budget and then see what he has to say.

penpusher
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:16 pm

Oye daktar sahib it is a .22 but great joke about the sub moa ;-) unless hey....

regards,

dev
eljefe";p="13436 wrote: Ha, now the show begins
Emergency Physician-Yes, there is such a dedicated specialty in India- which means I turn the hackles of many colleagues- ,Ortho,Cardiac, Gen Surg, Plastic ,Dental...
Guns
450/400 Double cordite rifle
Walther PPK/s in 22
A 'Dev' pimped up air rifle in 177-its scoped -watch out all ye sub MOA shooters
fav guns:
45 Colt in Les Baer HRT special or S&W Mod 25 in 45
Fav Rifle caliber 338 Mag /300 Wea Mag
If I had to live with 1 rifle in India-
The holy blessed 303 in mark 4
Didnt like shot guns much, until I met Abhijeet's shotgun;now- I WANT...A double brit.Will settle for a pump too.
What I may be forced to buy -an IOFB 22 revolver

best
Axx
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:34 pm

eljefe";p="13436 wrote:Didnt like shot guns much, until I met Abhijeet's shotgun;now- I WANT...A double brit.Will settle for a pump too.
And if you had seen the man shoot, you'd have thought he was born with a double in his hand! ;) :lol:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: healers make good shots

Post by jonahpach » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:07 pm

If u really want to know why healers are such good shots, just think of your childhood bottoms! Thats where they got their target practice... :D

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:33 pm

jonahpach";p="13547 wrote: If u really want to know why healers are such good shots, just think of your childhood bottoms! Thats where they got their target practice... :D

Jonah
Ah! Now the light dawns! :lol: With that in mind, I guess the rest of us don't need to feel so bad about being such lousy shots in comparison! ;) :lol:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:52 pm

jonahpach";p="13547 wrote:If u really want to know why healers are such good shots, just think of your childhood bottoms! Thats where they got their target practice... :D

Jonah
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:49 pm

As far as I am concerned:General Surg,Mumbai,private practice
Webley patriot .25 cal with 3x9 50 scope
Beat up Webley Tempest air pistol.
Would love to graduate to fire arms,reading and learning about them on this site.
More of a knife man actually.Collect anything with a sharp edge especially if it is of ethnic design(khukri,pesh kabz,katar,odi katti etc.)
Interested in the making/smithing aspect of edged weapons too.
Regards,
Yaj.