Arms Licence in Uttar Pradesh

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Pri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Arms Licence in Uttar Pradesh

Post by Pri » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:35 am

Hello !! Respected Members, Need to know the process for acquiring Arms Licence in Uttar Pradesh. Please Help...
Thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Arms Licence in Uttar Pradesh

Post by indiaone » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Sir,
You are resident of which District in UP.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:12 pm

The process is the same all across India, see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=504

Minor local variations are in the (illegal) extra requirements that local licensing authorities tend to introduce on their own accord. For e.g. they may require income tax returns for the past couple of years, property papers, for you to invest compulsorily in government savings bonds, compulsorily donate to local red cross or etc.

Regards,
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Pri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Pri » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:53 am

indiaone wrote:Sir,
You are resident of which District in UP.
Lucknow

Pri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Pri » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:59 am

Thanks Abhijeet ...

Pri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Pri » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:25 am

Respected Members,

In UP, High Court prohibited procurement of Arms Licence in 2014. But due to a PIL, issuance of Licences are starting again. Heard this and submitted the duly filled form, but the “Babu” at Lucknow DM Office told that official notification was awaited and it was due in February only. But till now, no notification !! Is there any way (RTI or something) to confirm whether DM is issuing Licence or not. If not then, how to confirm the date of official notification for Licence issuance ??

Thanks !!

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:44 am

If court has issued orders, then you can obtain a certified copy of the same by applying to the Hon'able High Court. Attach the certified copy of the order along with your application, they will have no choice but to comply with the same, if they don't it would be contempt of court and they can be prosecuted for the same.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

ashwanistorm
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ashwanistorm » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Pri wrote:Respected Members,

In UP, High Court prohibited procurement of Arms Licence in 2014. But due to a PIL, issuance of Licences are starting again. Heard this and submitted the duly filled form, but the “Babu” at Lucknow DM Office told that official notification was awaited and it was due in February only. But till now, no notification !! Is there any way (RTI or something) to confirm whether DM is issuing Licence or not. If not then, how to confirm the date of official notification for Licence issuance ??

Thanks !!
Thanks for your information,but we see in most of the district the license issuing authority deny for the issuance of new license.

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:37 am

U.P sucks when it comes to granting arms licence to law abiding citizens, yes, those connected with topi of any kind and baboo at tahseeldaar or DM level get it.

I applied for handgun in December 2018, the file was lying with local police chowki till last week. I went to enquire why the police verification is not done then I was told by police babu that you didn't come that's why.

Chowki in charge sub inspector said no one wants arms license pending at their office so they send for more and more police verification. "Ab main bhi bandhwa ke oopar rakhwa doonga, aapki jaan ko koi khatra nahi to aapko nahi milega".

(Edit comment - Deleted the 'suvidha shulk' part as its illegal to abide by what police asks for and expects , and how ashamed and helpless I felt in front of dressed maafia...)

All this because I have perfect moral character, always give income tax, donate to charities and do considerable social service.

If you live in up and think you will be considered respectable without knowing neta, daroga or babu then you are mistaken. Although yogi ji is doing great but this muck is very old.

I have practically forgotten my arms licence now until I migrate from u.p .
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:29 am

eternalme wrote:U.P sucks when it comes to granting arms licence to law abiding citizens, yes, those connected with topi of any kind and baboo at tahseeldaar or DM level get it.

I applied for handgun in December 2018, the file was lying with local police chowki till last week. I went to enquire why the police verification is not done then I was told by police babu that you didn't come that's why.

Chowki in charge sub inspector said no one wants arms license pending at their office so they send for more and more police verification. "Ab main bhi bandhwa ke oopar rakhwa doonga, aapki jaan ko koi khatra nahi to aapko nahi milega".

(Edit comment - Deleted the 'suvidha shulk' part as its illegal to abide by what police asks for and expects , and how ashamed and helpless I felt in front of dressed maafia...)

All this because I have perfect moral character, always give income tax, donate to charities and do considerable social service.

If you live in up and think you will be considered respectable without knowing neta, daroga or babu then you are mistaken. Although yogi ji is doing great but this muck is very old.

yep really bul shit situation in up!
Last edited by russianshooter3 on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:28 am

Gandagi hai bhai ,ijjat se rahna hai to up se bahar is only option if you don't "know" someone.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:09 pm

eternalme wrote:Gandagi hai bhai ,ijjat se rahna hai to up se bahar is only option if you don't "know" someone.
what about baksheesh?

WhoCantBeNamed
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by WhoCantBeNamed » Thu May 02, 2019 1:01 pm

eternalme wrote:U.P sucks when it comes to granting arms licence to law abiding citizens, yes, those connected with topi of any kind and baboo at tahseeldaar or DM level get it.

Hello, any progress regarding your application?

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Fri May 03, 2019 2:09 pm

No , nothing happened the local chauki police people out down a comment about my ancestral properties and mentioned that verification should be done from there as well .
Although I never lived there, anyways the SI from that chauki called me to inform that I have sent the report based on your properties.

Now election were notified so everything is stuck.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

WhoCantBeNamed
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by WhoCantBeNamed » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:23 pm

eternalme wrote:No , nothing happened the local chauki police people out down a comment about my ancestral properties and mentioned that verification should be done from there as well .
Although I never lived there, anyways the SI from that chauki called me to inform that I have sent the report based on your properties.

Now election were notified so everything is stuck.
Sad, really, the present conditions. I am from Meerut and in basically the same situation as yours. If you don;t have any source in the hierarchy, getting a license is almost next to impossible.