Another New Member from Bangalore

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
deepak.peace
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Another New Member from Bangalore

Post by deepak.peace » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:56 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am a new Member from Bangalore & have the following questions..

I am looking for best advice to procure a Arms License for Home Security in Bangalore City.
Would appreciate senior members of IFG to please guide me through the right steps for applying for License.
Please note that this is a bit urgent & would appreciate immediate help.

The need has a come up because of increasing amount of suspicious movements, many daylight breakins &
House Burglaries in my Residential area recently.

The night beat by Hoysala Jeep used to be good over 10-11 years ago & has become defunct now.
Other issues are:

1) The police station is about 3.5 to 4 kms away.

2) We have only one approach road to our home & the other 2 approach roads have been encroached upon.
This makes timely help from police very unlikely..

After much consideration, I have finally decided to go in for the Licence to protect Life & Property.

With little information i have, I am aware that the police will not issue the License & its a very difficult process.
And in view of this & Other Red Tape issues, Would you recommend i approach a Trusted Agent through the Gun Dealers & get the Job

done? If so how much extra payment would i need to make to the agent & What should be the Payment terms?
(Advance Payment & After completion of the Job).

And which Arms Licence, am i likely to be issued?
Welcome suggestions on Brands of good quality & highly reliable guns.

Note: I am 41 years of Age & sensible to understand the Govt. Rules & Regulations,
Compulsory Training & Extremely Cautious use of a Weapon for required security.

Thankyou & Best Regards to All.
Cheers
Deepak

For Advertising mail webmaster
vijay3535
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Another New Member from Bangalore

Post by vijay3535 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:43 pm

Hello deepak ji..welcome to IFG...my humble suggestion would be that if it is posible, you better join a shooting club and apply for a licence for sporting purpose..apply for a single barrel shotgun...which will fulfill your security needs too..by joining a shooting club you will get the practice for using the weapon..just buying a gun is of no use..effective handling of the weapon matters most...

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:03 am

deepak.peace wrote:With little information i have, I am aware that the police will not issue the License & its a very difficult process. And in view of this & Other Red Tape issues, Would you recommend i approach a Trusted Agent through the Gun Dealers & get the Job done? If so how much extra payment would i need to make to the agent & What should be the Payment terms? (Advance Payment & After completion of the Job).
Avoid involving any kind of "agent" at all costs. Please note - government has not officially appointed any kind of agents for this purpose. All those working as "agents" for this matter have no legal sanction. You may land in deep legal trouble later on. There have been plenty of reports in the media about these type of agents selling fake licenses after extracting hefty amount of money. Please follow only the proper official procedure and avoid shortcuts. If the matter comes to approaching court(which often happens), there is no need to shy away, contact any experienced lawyer specializing in civil writ matters in High Court. Just show him my posts in another thread, he will understand what needs to be done. To read the posts click here.

Besides gun, you can also take other preventive measures like burglar alarms, higher walls, barbed wires, stronger doors, windows, iron gates and grills etc. Until you are legally able to buy gun, you may also explore the option of keeping other type of weapons. Before that you need to know if any Notification under Section 4 of Arms Act 1959 is in force or not locally in your city. Some such weapons have been discussed in some other threads. For reading them 1. click here 2. click here 3. click here

As already told to you by another member, shotgun is a very good and cost effective option. If you buy single barreled shotgun, then go for pump action shotgun, else go for double barreled shotgun. Why I am saying this? Because pump action shotgun has multiple cartridges loaded. Double barreled shotgun will have at least two cartridges loaded. If you miss the first shot, you have the option of firing another shot. Avoid single barrel single shot shotgun because if you miss the first shot, in times of danger or stress, it may become difficult(or even life threatening) to unload the empty cartridge and reload a fresh cartridge quickly.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

vijay3535
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vijay3535 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:31 pm

As written by good boy mentor, i recommended Single barrel weapon licence for the purchase of Pump action Shotgun which will be more effective for home security..

deepak.peace
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by deepak.peace » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:12 am

Thankyou everyone for your valuable information & excellent advice..
Yes. Mr. Vijay, your suggestion about joining a shooting club is very good.
I was very concerned about weapon handling & practice too.
Please suggest a good club which is in or close to North Bangalore.. i live around the Hebbal area..
I will follow the guidelines as laid down by Law & take the legal route to acquire the Gun.

Best Regards..
Deepak

vijay3535
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vijay3535 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:33 pm

Hello Mr.deepak..good to see that you have decided to join a club..am also a new member to this shooting interest...as per my experience shooting is not an interesting sport unless u get a good company..believe me I am still searching for someone who could accompany me to shooting sport...yet i have joined two rifle clubs out of my own interest...one indoor..which consists of airgun , real firearm pistol, and real firearm rifle shooting...this club is 50 km from my place..i visit twice per month...another club is fully outdoor and clay shooting only..this club is 250 km from my place and i visit the club once in a month...both the clubs don't have any trainer..you ll realise that you r looked upon like a stranger when you enter the club each time...absolutely no one to guide you even for the basic guidelines of the club..yet i visit those clubs..bcoz of my interest in shooting...right from my childhood i always wanted to own a gun...i did...i tried all means and ways..i own a pistol now..i got into clay shooting..got my second licence too..about to buy my second weapon...
My humble suggestion...once you get into this sport, you ll find all means to know, acquire, practice and excel with weapon you like...

Regards
Vijay..

Actually i was in bangalore two days back...stayed in citrus hotel Cunningham road..enjoyed drink at hammered..great food at nagarjuna..had fun...

Added in 8 minutes 5 seconds:
To be honest , i am new to this sport..and i dont have knowledge about the shooting clubs in bangalore..i know few clubs in tamilnadu which will not be useful for you...don worry..there are so many learned members on this forum who could guide you..meanwhile you can search the old topics in this forum for shooting clubs in various places..search on the google too..

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:48 pm

Welcome to IFG.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

veek
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by veek » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:26 am

hi guys, I'm from Bangalore - I've done some shooting as a child. Looking to get some practice. Are you guys meeting up for practice?