Namaste!

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
vrmakkapati
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Namaste!

Post by vrmakkapati » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:39 am

Namaste everyone!
I am Ramana. I am currently in the United States and I am a gun enthusiast. I would like to learn more about guns, related laws (particularly the ones regarding the transfer from US), and avenues in India.

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Namaste!

Post by timmy » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:52 am

Ramana, welcome to iFG. We are happy that you've joined us.

I can't help you with the import process, although there are many threads here that discuss that subject (you can find them with a search) and members here have gone down this path and may chime in with their personal experiences.

I would suggest to you that, while in the USA, especially if you are in a state that is gun friendly, do all of the shooting you can, and try out as many kinds of guns as you can. Don't be shaped too much by the opinions of others -- listen, but with great judgment. I recommend this so that you can learn what you want, and what you would like to take back with you. Do listen to the Indian view on such things as ammunition availability, because you don't want to bring back something that you can't get ammunition for and therefore can't shoot, or bring something back for which ammunition costs huge amounts of money, and can't shoot it, either.

What I'm suggesting is that you let your tastes in guns be shaped by as wide an experience as possible. Then, you will be able to bring back something that you really like and can shoot -- if that's what you want to do. But also, sometimes it is fun just to have a gun because you like it. This is more problematic when you have to live with a two gun limit, but while you might want to be practical, it is also practical to follow your heart.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Namaste!

Post by mundaire » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:56 pm

Welcome aboard! As Timmy has mentioned look up the older threads regarding import on TR.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein