New Member From Hyderabad!!

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Bullseye
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

New Member From Hyderabad!!

Post by Bullseye » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:02 pm

Hi,

I am new member here, moved from Texas back to Hyderabad few years back.
Would really like to make local friends who are gun owners and are into shooting sports.
If there is anyone out there please do contact me.

Looking forward to your replies.

Regards

Imran

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: New Member From Hyderabad!!

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:43 pm

Hi Imran and welcome aboard IFG.

We have a few members from Hyderabad (see Memberslist) but only two of whom are active at present.

What sort of shooting are you interested in and what sort of shooting did you do in Texas?

Mack The Knife

Bullseye
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bullseye » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:06 pm

Hello Mack The Knife,

I own a 9mm Beretta and a Remington pump action Shotgun, for the most part I would frequent the shooting range and during the dove season go to one of my friends farms for the shoot.
Deer season, well so far did not have any luck with a Buck but hope to try my luck next Decemeber when I go back for a few months.
In Texas we can own handguns,rifles and shotguns and we do not need any licenses as such but for concealed handguns we would need to go through a course,take a test theory and at the range.The whole process takes about 3 months I have told.
I want to apply for a gun license here in Hyd, went through the info provided online as well as Abhijeets site.I do have property here so that gives me 1 reason to apply for and also I think if i can get into a shooting club here that would help too.
And once I do get the license need help on the knd of shotgun or pistol to purchase here NPB.
Any tips??

Regards

Imran

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:52 pm

Welcome to the board Imran.

There is a shooting range in Gachibowli ( after Hi Tech City) where membership is not required to avail the facilties. It offers Airgun, 50M and
trap shooting.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:42 pm

Hi Imran,

Has your opportunity to get a firearm on TR already passed you by or is there still a chance of doing this?

Where exactly are you permanently based now?

It would be damned shame if you had to pay the prevailing prices in India when you could get something of your choice for far less.

Mack The Knife

Bullseye
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bullseye » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:15 pm

Hi Mack The Knife,

No not yet cos I am still a green card holder,I want to apply for a license here first.I have decided to permanently move out of the US may go to Canada in the future.At the moment I am in Hyd.
Once I do decide then I plan to a get a hand gun rather than get a shotgun or rifile.
Any advise on which hand gun I could possibly use here.The pricesquoted are really unrealistic.

We do have shooting range here in Hyd close to Hi Tech city but I was informed by them that for skeet and trap etc it is only used for competitions and not for regular use.I am not sure if this is entirely true.

Imran

Bullseye
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bullseye » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:20 pm

Hi Sujay,

Thanks for your welcome.....
I had called the range at Gachibowli and they informed me that for trap etc they do not allow us to use the facility.
But for the indoor air gun range we can.....I dont know if this is entirly true.
First of I would like to apply for a license.
Which part of Hyd are you from Sujay??
I live in Gun Rock next to DPS.

Imran

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:49 pm

Hi Imran!

Welcome aboard... Read your PM, but I see you have posted the same questions here - will let the members in your area chip in, they would have far more local knowledge than I could ever presume to have... I see Sujay & Mack The Knife have already posted some information relevant to your query :)

Mack The Knife is right, if you can get a firearm on TR, you'd save yourself a bundle PLUS you would have a brand new gun! Don't discount this route if it's still open...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:15 am

Welcome Bullseye.Unfortunately for you, you can no longer bring in a weapon on TR anymore.For that a stay abroad of atleast 2 years is required ,preceding the return,along with the condition that the weapon should have been held by the person bringing it in under TR,for 1 year prior to the transfer of residence.

If you have settled down in Hyderabad and still retain your Green card,you must be going back to the US every year.Now,I believe,a minimum stay of 6 months is required.Or am I wrong on this?

penpusher

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:24 am

Welcome to the group Bullseye,

As penpusher says i think you have lost one chance but as you still retain your green card you can always exercise this option in future.

Have fun here..

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:27 am

Imran,

That's a standard reply because they won't allow anything other than the 10M range till you walk in with somebody familiar to them ;with your gun of couse. No fees is charge though. For a first hand account send a PM to a member H Sharief currently in US who is originally from Hyderabad.

To cut a long story short, apply for a licence if you are prepared to try everything other than logic and reasoning , can pull long strings and have deep pockets; handgun licence in particular. Recently, the Ranga Reddy police has boasted that they have not issued a single licence since the licencing authority was transferred from Cyberbad police. In whole of Hyderabad, I have read that only 3 handgun licences have been issued in the last 3 years. Reason ? Civilians are incompetent to use firearms in self defence ! Licence for a shotgun or 0.22LR might be comparatively easy to obtain. Also, every handgun aspirant is personally interviewed by the Commssioner himself.

You might be aware that a licence will be needed to bring any firearm under TR rules so while the oppurtinity lasts, try getting a good 0.22 in.

I live in Sainikpuri ( Defence Colony ) but have practically stopped visiting the range.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Bullseye
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bullseye » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:38 am

Hi penpusher & Inder,

I plan to go back to the States end of next year for couple of year before I permanently change my residence.
I have a question for you penpusher, if I come back on a TR,can i visit the US after few years or am I not supposed to go back?
I have a 9mm Beretta back in Houston, but I guess I cant get that here.
Do you guys recommend a pistol,shotgun or rifle if I was to get a gun back to India on a TR?

Cheers
Imran

Bullseye
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bullseye » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:52 am

Hi Abhijeet,

Thanks for the welcome.....I am so glad that there is a group like IFG here in India.
Being is Texas where is to so common to find people owning more than 1 gun and where there are very few restrictions and back in India where it is completely opposite.
I saw your interview clip ....good show.

Cheers!!

Imran

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:09 am

Bullseye";p="7253 wrote:Do you guys recommend a pistol,shotgun or rifle if I was to get a gun back to India on a TR?
Shotgun. Most versatile of the lot and the easiest to get a licence for. Just don't bring back a semi-auto.

Mack The Knife

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:41 am

Bullseye,

Earlier there was a restriction,in that, that a person who had claimed the benefit of TR could avail of it again only if he had stayed in India for a minimum pariod of 1 year after his return the first time.So it was, stay abroad for 2 years,come back and claim TR benefits,stay for one year and go back,stay abroad for 2 years...The last time I checked this requirement of a stay of 1 year after return to India,had been done away with.Please confirm what the current position is from the Customs Department.

penpusher