Santokhoo Gun Works - EAGLE

Chandigarh, Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal
bandook
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Gun Manufacturer, Arms & Ammunition Dealers

Post by bandook » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:06 pm

i m very sure the company would not have any reply as to what kind of alloy ( if they really do use one) they use one.......quality is the problem with all the manufacturers....everyone tries to be innovative or experimental or even improvise on the products i m really sorry only a few handfull of manufacturers have done that and eagle guns have gone down on the quality i have used the gun 10 years back it was good but compare the quality now it has really gone down.....people are willing to spend more on quality these days why not give them one... charge more if u have too but atleast dont compromise on quality..............compared to the imported guns which were manufactured 50 years back indian guns manufactured today are pathetic .....the manufacutures havent been able to reduce the weight or the overall quality.......

For Advertising mail webmaster
dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:57 pm

peterdk wrote:
dsingh wrote:Regards,
Longer reach means range and striking force ,I compared it with the other gun's ranges the range of this gun is certainly longer.One most important factor is it never misses in any emergency situation this is very important although I wishes such situation should never arise. But it gives litle more recoil. You can ask any gun owner of this gun once one uses this Eagle gun you will not like other gun.

regards
"i hate to be the fly in the ointment, but what you are telling the other prospective buyers of this product is not possily in regards to the laws of physics, the range of any shotgun shot is based on the patteren you desire and the penetration needed, this comes from two factors:

one is the speed of the load(aka pressure of the load)

two is the choke of the barrel (constriction of barrel end to achive tighter shot patteren)
U may be right one must not be knowing much unless one has the experience I just shared the experience secondly mechanism is most important in each weapon each gun have some speific feature. Secondly as far as I have seen Jammu and Mandi gun makers have good skills . I rember one karrirudin or some by similiar name used to make very good guns ,even some small gun makers in region make standard guns . I have model of 2003 and 1976 and used elly ,mirage and Indian amno ,I never had any problem with these guns altough I have used midland, German guns apart from Bharat , Mehar Singh, Rajput GUNS but range of eagle gun is longer.

so if you felt it as more recoil then either the gun were lighter or the load was different, but that has nothing to do with construction.

any gun can misfire, this can be dependent on the ammunition or a construction flaw or bad maintance, so stating that the gun never misses would lead me to a question, have you shot it 100.000 times ? if not then you cant really speak about weather or not it never misses.

best

peter
-- Thu Apr 07, 2011 22:03 --

Sorry I typed without my glasses and was typed wrongly I feel mechanism is more important if u have shot from 60 meters from the target and with old amno then compare it with other local and imported guns it can be something with mechanism . Mechanism is more important unless u have experience with some gun then u can have better insight.

peterdk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by peterdk » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Mr. Dsingh

i am sorry that my comments may have sounded a bit more harsh than intended, i do feel quite strongly about gunmaking as a craft.

let me a bit more precise.

in terms of the shot, the mechanism on a gun is only there for one thing. and that is to provide a breech which the piring pin runs through, so the firing pin can strike with enough force to ignite the primer(there the breech is there for several things but lets not get into them right now).

Now non firing can be because of:

faulty primers (contaminated with oil etc.)

Not enough force carried forward to the primer, which in turn can be:
weak, old or wrong springs for the hammer
poor design( wrong angel of firing pin, not enough sufficient lenght etc.)
faulty chambers (this i feel, will be the case with quite a few new production guns from india)

U may be right one must not be knowing much unless one has the experience I just shared the experience secondly mechanism is most important in each weapon each gun have some speific feature. Secondly as far as I have seen Jammu and Mandi gun makers have good skills . I rember one karrirudin or some by similiar name used to make very good guns ,even some small gun makers in region make standard guns . I have model of 2003 and 1976 and used elly ,mirage and Indian amno ,I never had any problem with these guns altough I have used midland, German guns apart from Bharat , Mehar Singh, Rajput GUNS but range of eagle gun is longer.
this is not possibly according to the laws of physics, so you are wrong on this, range is determined as i explained earlyer in this tread, this is actually the statment that got me fired up in the begining of this tread.
people in india has very few places to come for advice, and this place is the best as far as i can see, claming someones shotgun reaches further than another one is wrong and borderlining fraud, i give you the benefit of doubt as i belive that you say this out of lesser knowlegde, and not out of malice toward the future costumors that could belive you and be cheated in this way.

i dont think my credentials is a matter for discussion, so lets just say that i am an european gunmaker that produces shotguns and double rifles from C-classes to best guns, and i dare say that my knowlegde on this subject wildly surpasses both yours and the manufactors that you endorse so much, i hate to sound arrogant but this is a fact.

best

peter als nerving
Taksdale gun & rifle
Denmark
Life is to short for a low quality gun

Santokhoo Gun Works
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Santokhoo Gun Works » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:16 pm

peterdk wrote:
peterdk wrote:
Santokhoo Gun Works wrote:@ Mr. D Singh
As far as about metal we use strong metal alloy most guns are described by the type of barrel used, Warm Regards
Santokhoo Gun Works
which alloy is that if i may ask ?

best

peter
hmmmm no answer yet, it might be the special mix of scrap iron and fairy dust, the fairy dust is heated and used to blow hot smoke up the buyers A**, as that is usually what happens over there as far as i hear.

peter

Mr. peter Gun Manufacturing is not an easy job
its not like sitting on a computer and comment.

as i have described "strong metal alloy" .. ie 416 grade and EN19
our barrels are tested by Indian Ordinance Factory
i dont want to go further into the technicalities of gun making on social blog.

Regards
Santokhoo Gun Works

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Santokhoo Gun Works - Jammu

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Santokhoo Gun Works wrote:i dont want to go further into the technicalities of gun making on social blog.
First, it is a forum. Second, why not?

Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Biren » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:25 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:
Santokhoo Gun Works wrote:i dont want to go further into the technicalities of gun making on social blog.
First, it is a forum. Second, why not?
No body will make a gun in case you go into the technicalties of gun making. There is enough material avaialble on net. But explaining the materials used, the process, the kind of custamization your company can undertake, will help establising not only your company credentials as well help members take informed decisions. There will be positive as well as negative comments but as a manufacturer this will help you understand the market needs as well those members who wish to own a good product but cannt afford those high pricey foreign makes (mostly second hand).

Cheers
Biren

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:23 pm

SGW,

Making shotguns is no big deal. What matters is the people making them and the legalities of manufacturing them.

If you were to discuss various issue that you face while manufacturing is a place like this, I'm sure you would get tremendous inputs.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

Santokhoo Gun Works
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Santokhoo Gun Works » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:32 pm

we are 12 bore gun manufacturer and we are best in our class
We want people should give us their Feedback that how they want there gun should be, what are the problem they are facing With there existing guns, what kind of material they want In their shot gun and etc. and we work accordingly With Your suggestions which are more valuable to us ....

Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Biren » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Thanks for writing... Can you take members through the gun making...Facilities... Wat all kind of customization you can take?

Rgds,
Biren

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Santokhoo Gun Works wrote:we are 12 bore gun manufacturer and we are best in our class
We want people should give us their Feedback that how they want there gun should be, what are the problem they are facing With there existing guns, what kind of material they want In their shot gun and etc. and we work accordingly With Your suggestions which are more valuable to us ....
Sir,
We r ur old customers we have also tested ur product not only me but some friends of my dad prefered ur guns some people may have problem with weight of gun but personaly I like ur product only issuse why u have stopped making ejector gun a relative of my friend has ejector gun of ur company of 1978 make which is working nicely even my dad single barrel of ur company has nice ejector .I have 2003 model of nonejector type when will u statr production in other models like sporting gun single trigger or pumpaction one?
regards with best of luck

bandukbhandar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by bandukbhandar » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Santokhoo Gun Works wrote:we are 12 bore gun manufacturer and we are best in our class
As an dealer I have sold some guns of Santhokoo Gun Works, and my experience is that these guns are of very poor quality. We had to repair quite a few of them even before selling to the customers.

In my area, Santhokoo guns are bought only by security guards, for the best reason being amongst the cheapest ones from J & K manufacturers. All those brass work done on the gun makes it attractive but the parts and even the wood is of very low quality.

Thanks that you are not manufacturing ejector guns, or else the dealers would have to do more repair woks.

Have you ever visited the retailers to ask what quality is of your guns. You only visit a handfull of wholesalers who sale your guns to the retailers and do not entertain any responsibility about workmanship.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:39 pm

bandukbhandar,don't you know,they are the best in their class?We now know which class it is ROTFL

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:43 pm

I just don't get it why a manufacturer wont entertain feedback, be thankful and implement it :deadhorse: or explain their issues - its classic case of captive market why do the enhancements when buyer has limited options

May be we should rank Indian DBBL ?

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:48 pm

ngrewal wrote:I just dont get it why a manufacturer wont entertain feedback, be thankful and implement it :deadhorse or explain their issues - its classic case of captive market why do the enhancements when buyer has limited options

May be we should rank Indian DBBL ?
:agree:
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Shooter just check ( I know its been posted before) what pakistani folks( Daudsons) are making a decent autoloader at half of indian two tubes price! if they can do it why cant Indians - simple answer no competition because in Pakistan market has Baikals Turkish shotty etc. Wasnt there a Turkish manufactruer on IFG looking for collaboration tips a while back?
http://www.pakguns.com/content.php?122- ... 480972b8ba

Excerpt from above report check the comparison ( BTW In India Baikal o/U goes for rs 2 lakh plus now do the math)
"Interpretations (with Assumptions=Baikal MP153 =50K and DSA Autoloader=27K)

1. DSA Autoloader shotgun is equal to 91.29% of a Baikal MP153 shotgun whereas it is at 54% with respect to price.

2. Moving up from DSA Autoloader shotgun to Baikal MP153 would cause an enhancement in performance of only 9.54% whereas would require a additional funding of 85%.

3. Moving down from Baikal MP153 Shotgun to DSA Autoloader would generating savings of 46% but would cause the performance to fall only by 8.71%"

http://www.daudsons.org/index.php?link=1
I doubt Jammu chaps can ever come close to above quality :evil:

or these guys
http://www.khyberarms.com/products.php?id=5&pid=6