10,B.B.D. Road,
Kolkatta.

For Advertising mail webmaster
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: D.N.Biswas & Co. - Kolkatta

Post by TC » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:37 pm

The only shop in Kolkata, other than J Biswas and Co, who maintain a ready stock of all types of firearms, specially handguns and rifles.
They are interested in business.
If your price suits them they will buy rightaway. If your offer is good they will sell rightaway. I have sold six handgns to them and bought at least three since 1992.
Talk to Biswajit Biswas, the owner. He is not a sweet talker mind you. He does not like to chat for more than three minutes !!
Their number is 033- 22305759

Regards

TC

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:21 am

RESPECTED TC
:agree: BUT HE IS VERY HAUGHTY ND THEIR STUFFS ARE VERY OVER PRICED AS-WELL I MYSELF HAVE PURCHASED 2 FROM THEM BUT THEY NO-DOUBT HAVE GOOD STOCK :cheers:

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:39 am

Hi,

I spoke to them just now regarding availability of rifles. They said they only stock rifles for which cartridges are easily available like .315, 30-06, .275 etc.

They do not keep weapons of obsolete or obsolescent bore.

Regards.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

avishek1992
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by avishek1992 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:02 am

do the have airguns???

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Haughty & Overpriced ......
Must be a nice way to deal with customers , I guess ...
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Just got a call from D N Biswas and Co. They have received the first stock of Precihole air rifles in both 177 and 22 . I will be checking them out on Monday.

TC

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:57 am

Any info TC ?

Lawman

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Sorry lawman, was very busy at office. Could not make it this week. Planning to go on Monday.

TC

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Ok, waiting...... :-)

vkpd
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vkpd » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:18 pm

Just purchased some ammo for my .32 Webley revolver & 12 bore DBBLgun. Since my license is valid for Bengal only, looked up the yellow pages & found D N Biswas as one of the dealers in Kolkata. Wanted to buy some imported ammo for my .32 as I believe that the IOF ones are pretty unreliable - often misfiring. So visited the shop on 26/12/13 and enquired about imported .32 cartridges. First the gentleman said that he had none & then as an afterthought he said he had some imported "wadcutters", priced at 450/- a pop. Settled for 10 rounds of this & another 15 of IOF make.Picked up another 25 cartridges of "shaktiman" make for my 12 bore. 20 of them in plastic shells& 5 in the traditional paper casing priced at 95/- each.
When the gentlemen made out the bill, the bill for all the 25 rounds of .32 ammo, wadcutters et all, were made out at 70/-each.When I asked why he had under invoiced, he mentioned that there were taxes & other expenses etc. I paid the full amount which came to 8075/- against an invoice of 3765/!!-.Am a little disgusted at their unethical business practice.....hugely overcharging and then under invoicing....totally unbecoming of the senior citizen who is the owner of the shop..Mr.Biswajit Biswas. Don't even know or can trust that the so called "wadcutters" are of imported make. Kolkata IFGians is this how this gentleman conduct's business? Don't think am ever going to go there again in a hurry.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:05 am

vkpd,
May I ask why you bought bought 10 .32 wadcutters for Rs 450 a pop if you "Don't even know or can trust that the so called "wadcutters" are of imported make" ?
This is serious allegation and has to be taken equally seriously by people such as me who regularly buy guns and ammo from D N Biswas and have tested the establishment over time.

And, may I request you to name the gunshop that mentions the actual price of imported ammo and imported firearms in bill/invoice? I have not found even one anywhere in India. May be you could enlighten me on this.

:cheers:

TC

vkpd
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vkpd » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:28 am

TC,
Firstly,I do not wish to question your wide knowledge of arms & ammo and the sundry outlets in the country you may have visited to purchase them nor take names of shops selling imported ammo etc. at printed rates etc., but can definitely "enlighten" you as you seek, with one very basic aspect in the conduct of trade -- and that is the issue of a invoice/bill by a bonafide seller to a purchaser whether on printed price or verbally offered price with the tax quotient thereof and the quantity of goods sold. In my case, if I was good to pay 450/- a pop, I was surely good to pay a little extra with taxes. Now, after taking the payment and stamping the purchases on your license, if the invoice itself is therafter undervalued by more than half of the actual consideration taken, eyebrows will be raised, and to answer your question, that is when you begin to doubt whether you have actually purchased 'imported' wadctters or were they 'desi '. Sorry mate, but I can only get the whiff of a fast buck being made out here.

Secondly,I am so glad that someone has taken this "serious allegation", "seriously" as that is what I intended it to be when I made the post. You may have "tested the establishment over time" but clearly your yardstick looks pretty myopic.

TC your patronage of DN Biswas is your take, but chauvinism, definitely wrong!

Cheers
vkpd

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:26 pm

vkpd,
My posts in this thread neither patronized D N Biswas nor exhibited chauvinism. And, there wasn't any claim of wide knowledge of arms and ammo. Your expressions are baffling and, I may say so, quite unprovoked. Every member who posted here had a different experience with D N Biswas. I only narrated mine.
I have done a whole lot of business with A T Daw and Co, N C Daw and Co and J Biswas and Co as well. I fact I am so friendly with owners of the latter establishments that I have carried photographs of them and their shops in editorial content of newspapers on several occasions and some of these were even posted in threads on this forum, in case you have not noticed. But incidentally this particular thread is not on them.

All I said was that many people, including I, had tested D N Biswas and Co over time, obviously against other dealers in India, and not Cabelas in the US or Frankonia in Germany where the fair trade practices you mention are followed. This, my friend, is India where politicians and top officials of the Armed Forces make fast buck by over invoicing military hardware bought with tax payer's money. (Lets not talk of tax evasion by business houses). That is the reason why I sought enlightenment from you. After all, who would not love to buy FOREIGN arms and ammo at "printed rates" (that would be in USD, GBP or Euro I guess) and with proper invoice. Don't all of us here dream of that day ? :lol:

From your first post it appeared that you had reasons to believe that the wadcutters you bought for 450 a piece were of Indian origin. But now it seems your comment was only notional, and had the dealer mentioned the actual price and the tax in the bill the ammo would have appeared genuine to you.
Sorry, I could not get this the first time.

Best wishes and happy shooting :D

TC

amitmeerut
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by amitmeerut » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:10 pm

Respected members,

I want to share some thing about the owner of the shop. He is very kind in nature and have a good experience in his field. I purchased some ammo from him @ very reasonable price. My experience with the concern is excellent.

Amit