D N Road,
Fort
Mumbai 400001

Tel (Shop) - +91-22-23435256
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Re: Bombay Gun House - Mumbai

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:32 am

I know Mr Rusi Jijina, the owner of this firm personally and I have been the recipient of his hospitality on more than one occasion - especially the fine cups of tea that he is addicted to while he reads the Mumbai Samachar at his shop. He has a fine collection of guns on sale and I have seen some really nice guns over the years including self opening Purdey Matched Pairs, Churchill XXVs, older pinfire guns etc. He is also one of the most knowledgeable gun dealers in India and is a perfect Parsi gentleman whom I have great respect for. I would recommend him heartily to anyone interested in looking at guns for purchase, for information or just to have a good chat.

Dr Narendra Yadav
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Dr Narendra Yadav » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:33 am

Mehul

I went to him last month,he is one of the best dealers, i was with him for an hour he was telling me his stories how he use to go hunting and to up date u he is not well he is in hospital,i also told him about our forum and about u but he was not able to recollect ,i will be calling him today to know about his health.At present he is having .22 auto with him.

Thanks & Regards

Dr Narendra
Regarding 250 Savage ammo

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:52 am

Dr Yadav,

It does not matter to me that Mr Jijina does not remember me well - it is just proof of the generosity and hospitality that he has offered to too many people for him to remember at his advanced age. But his bad health is a sad thing. Please convey my regards to him and tell him that if he would like to come to the US for treatment, I would be happy to do what I can after work while he is here, if he comes to Chicago. We do have one of the finest cardiology units in the USA here.

Best wishes to you and to Mr Jijina for his good health,

Mehul

Dr Narendra Yadav
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Dr Narendra Yadav » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:46 am

Mehul

I will be meeting him for sure,i will give ur regards to him,he is very nice person he is operated on his eyes nothing serious he has very good knowdge of guns i asked which rifle he used he was using 375 for hunting,he also told he and one of his friends shoot maneater with Savage 250.

I respect him a lot.If u want to buy gun he will give u right advice .

Thanks & Regards

Dr Narendra

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:27 pm

Narendra,

Not to rush things, but if possible, please ask him to let me know if he has any Black Powder Express riflews for sale. I know someone who wants to buy a few.

His eyes may have required cataract extraction - a good friend of mine is a popular ophthalmologist in Mumbai, a Dr S Natarajan. If, indeed, Mr Jijina is his patient, I could put a word in for him. Not that any would be needed, but it would be a nice gesture.

Thanks,

Mehul

PS Please PM me when he would be back home so I could call him. Thanks again.

Dr Narendra Yadav
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Dr Narendra Yadav » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:18 am

Mehul

It will be my pleasure,as i work off shore i will sign off on 4th Oct ,i will meet Mr Jijina and will give ur regards to him and will find out about black powder express rifles.

My Jijina was operated for his cataract every thing went fine but he had some infection in his eyes so is in hospital.Hope he gets well soon, as soon as he starts comming to his shop i will let u know.

Regards

Dr Narendra

Dr Narendra Yadav
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Dr Narendra Yadav » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:44 pm

Mehul.
I just spoke to Mr Jijina he is still at home resting his eyes r not ok at present he is not able to see properly.So since last 2 months he at home.

This is his residence number022- 22833677 & 022-22825247.It is not a good news at all hope he gets well soon.

Regards

Dr Narendra Yadav

I

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:18 am

Narendra,

Sorry, I just read this mail. Will call India tonight - morning India time - and enquire about Mr Jijina's health.

Thank you very much for keeping me posted,

Mehul

Dr Narendra Yadav
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Dr Narendra Yadav » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:04 pm

Mehul Hi.

Yesterday i spoke to Mr Jijina he is going to his shop he told me to give his thanks to u for sending mail.

His vision is getting better.Hope he gets well soon.

Thanks & Regards

Dr Narendra Yadav