Why we are being victimized

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Why we are being victimized

Post by Mr.Shome » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:31 am

Dear Friends,

This continuous trend of anti-gun legislations is the fault of the majority of the Indians with an under-exposed ,slavish, and extremely myopic (read, toad in the well) kind of world view. For the majority, a gun is a stigma (associated with silly violent movies).

They are more ingrained with communal issues such as Ram Temple and Citizenship Amendment Bill. They are least interested in Gun Rights, and are foolish enough to believe that the Government is doing an awesome job by depriving spirited people off licenses.

On a lighter note, if the Britons could colonize us and others (despite being in a minority), can't we do the same?

Regards,

PShome
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

For Advertising mail webmaster
miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Why we are being victimized

Post by miroflex » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:31 am

You are absolutely right, Mr Shome. A misplaced horror of weapons, which existed in the minds of the public, has been exacerbated by the media stereotypes of gun-toting dacoits and rapacious landlords riding into villages and cowing down and terrorizing the innocent populace. Common-sense suggests that the villains could have been driven off or accounted for by a few armed villagers.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:32 pm

Dear Sir,

Sorry for such a delayed reply to your awesome response. Common sense seems to be a priceless treasure nowadays, perhaps, more so amongst the high number of naive and gullible people of our country. Reminds of a biographical-kind of account, 'The Last White Hunter'. It's a book on Late Donald Anderson (son of the famous hunter, Late Kenneth Anderson). I kind of find parallels with Donald's gradual deterioration in life and the way things are going overall nowadays.

Disclaimer for everyone: I have no commercial interest in promoting the book, only interested in sharing thoughts with possibly like-minded people here :)

Best regards,

PShome
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

kumar1234
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kumar1234 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:53 am

Indians with guns will question the wrong doings of politicians and police and the injustice delivered by the system. To continue keeping them in abject slavery to the system they should be unarmed and cower at the authority of the system. Indians are not just made to be victims but also made to love it and see it as benevolence and largess from the govt.

If Indians do not get armed liberally sooner or later some other country will attack us and colonize us. Protecting your self and family and defending home should not be left in the hands of few and too those who work for salary without much skin in the game. (Ex: Palghar sadhu lynchings)

Woods
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Woods » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:28 pm

Mr.Shome wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:31 am
Dear Friends,

They are more ingrained with communal issues such as Ram Temple and Citizenship Amendment Bill. ........

Regards,

PShome
Rama Temple issue has been decided by a competent Court and as a property dispute. CAA is never a communal issue .

If during the course of discussion about plight of RKBA in India , we allow ourselves to raise political issues here then we must allow free discussion on those matters . It may not be liking to all of us or may not be related to the scope of this forum in any case .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:50 pm

Woods wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:28 pm
Mr.Shome wrote:
Dear Friends,

They are more ingrained with communal issues such as Ram Temple and Citizenship Amendment Bill. ........

Regards,

PShome
Rama Temple issue has been decided by a competent Court and as a property dispute. CAA is never a communal issue .

If during the course of discussion about plight of RKBA in India , we allow ourselves to raise political issues here then we must allow free discussion on those matters . It may not be liking to all of us or may not be related to the scope of this forum in any case .
Woods wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:28 pm
Mr.Shome wrote:
Dear Friends,

Regards,

PShome

I wrote this ages ago and the lines you specifically chose to pick up are a small part of that sore topic, 'weapon rights in India'. I neither have the leisure, nor the inclination to bring communal or political rubbish in this forum, as long as such topics are not beyond the scope of this forum. I referred to these two burning issues of that particular time, not to raise a debate, but only to point out that most people tend to get sucked into prevailing political issues, instead of weapon rights. I hope, I've made myself clear.

Since I don't want to debate about maters beyond this forum's scope, I won't comment upon whether CAA is a communal or non-communal issue and the many judgements passed by our highly 'competent' courts.