Review of Arms Act and Arms policy

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Review of Arms Act and Arms policy

Post by Sakobav » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:58 am

I will send mine in soon...Read an interesting opinion by an anti gun journo her premise supports precisely what this board has been trying to stress-- self help is best help.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article ... z0bIgWMuk0
"Since 2001, airline passengers — regular people without weapons or training — have helped thwart terrorist attacks aboard at least five different commercial airplanes. It happened again on Christmas Day. And as we do each and every time, we miss the point.....
Each time, we blame the government for failing to keep us safe, and the government goes back to treating us like Children"

Examples she gives is passengers who prevented of United Flight 93 from further attack on DC on 9/11, shoe bomber Reid and then this one above Detroit where a passenger(s) and crew restrained the terrorist. This is the crux of our argument armed citizens could and will fight the terrorists rather than being slaughtered ( atleast few of them will confront
) provided the government treat its Citizens as responsible mature rational beings and also be cognizant that Govt cant be every where all the time.

Cheers

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:37 am

Requesting Vikram or Admin to update the white paper at http://www.indiansforguns.com/right_to_protection.pdf with above logic mentioned at http://www.time.com/time/nation/article ... z0bIgWMuk0

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Kudos to the members who came up with the draft. I did my part in sending it across to the email ids mentioned. We now can only wait and see if some kind of good sense prevails among the decision makers. It just is so sad that a few have the power to take decisions which would ultimately affect society. At times I cannot help but ponder if I am really a citizen of a democratic country or not.........

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by saahil » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:07 pm

hi all. 50 hard copies of the "wonderful" draft are ready with me and im sending one to every elected M.P. of my state by speed post. we all live in different states of the country why not send hard copies to all the M.P. who belongs to our states.

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Great idea, saahil. Let's all put it in overdrive.

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:32 pm

hi all. 50 hard copies of the "wonderful" draft are ready with me and im sending one to every elected M.P. of my state by speed post. we all live in different states of the country why not send hard copies to all the M.P. who belongs to our states.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
That is good, thank you for your initiative, is a noble job, please let all your friends, relatives, neighbors, colleagues, organizations who have concern for security of all citizens, to do the same. Everybody please do not forget sending hard copies by speedpost to SK Malhotra, Deputy Secretary, CC to Home Minister, Prime Minister, Chairperson National Advisory Council, Leaders of opposition in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. I have just now come back from post office after sending hard copies by speedpost to the above people, and have already sent emails to above yesterday, along-with the list of people provided by vkjalan. I am now forwarding the same email to all the people I know and can think of.

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:13 pm

I have sent my reply with feedback/objections today by email. I guess we have run out of time for hard copies.

regards,

diskaon
klick klack..... diskaon

vkjalan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vkjalan » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:29 pm

I have sent the hard copies today and i have spent over 1.8k for it. I hope this is really worth and I hope that our objections and proposals mean anything to them....

just keeping my fingers crossed.

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:30 pm

I suggest, even if we run out of time, we still do it. The higher no.of responses pouring in even after the cut-off date will show them our nos. And as such there is no time limit to send it to the politicos.

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Hello everyone,

I concur with m24 and vkjalan.
This is just a beginning and making ourselves heard/noted is not bad at all. Lets not expect too much too soon.
So, sending a personal summary as the body and the two docs (draft objections and right to protection) as attachment would be the right approach of emails ??
Should I send different emails addressing different people or only one addressing Deputy Home Sec. and copy it to all others including MPs, political parties, media agencies etc. ??
Please advice, I'd like to avoid breaking protocols with these people, big guns you know, trying not to falter in any ways. :)

Thanks & Regards,
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:44 pm

So, sending a personal summary as the body and the two docs (draft objections and right to protection) as attachment would be the right approach of emails ??
Should I send different emails addressing different people or only one addressing Deputy Home Sec. and copy it to all others including MPs, political parties, media agencies etc. ??
Even if you copy from draft_objections.rtf and paste into the main body of email and put date, your name and address in it, that should be sufficient, since that has the link to Right to Protection.pdf at the bottom. This is the way I have done.

Only one addressing Deputy Home Sec. and copy it to all others including Home Minister, PM, Sonia Gandhi, Shushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitely, MPs, political parties, media agencies etc. so that Deputy Secretary is aware that all others are also copied.

I agree with m24 and vkjalan, and there is still time to send hard copies by speedpost on Monday.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:51 pm

Emailed my input as instructed to deputy secretary and few other members including Ravineet Bittu MP from Punjab [email protected] and Manish Tewari [email protected]

Cheers

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:55 pm

Ive emailed the Doc. with the draft to the contacts in the email.
Hope things get better and not worse.
/S/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

vkjalan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vkjalan » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:03 pm

We all hope things get better not worse for anyone..... ;-). Thats why we all are taking the effort.

Ok now i suggest we all sign a post to make a not how many people have actually sent the mail or hard copies.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:28 pm

Yep we need a count.
Abhijeet can we use a vote for that?
/s/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.