shotgun

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
aashishgilbert
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

shotgun

Post by aashishgilbert » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:55 am

can a new licence may be applied for 8 bore or 4 bore guns also likewise np bore in rifel ,NP bore in shotguns may be applied or not i mean can i get a new licence for NP bore shot gun or 4/8 bore

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: shotgun

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:41 am

Do not write any particular bore in your arms license application. Instead of writing particular bore, write NPB shotgun/rifle on arms license application instead. With this combination of "NPB shotgun/rifle" you will be able to purchase NPB shotgun of any bore or NPB rifle of any bore.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:58 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:Do not write any particular bore in your arms license application. Instead of writing particular bore, write NPB shotgun/rifle on arms license application instead. With this combination of "NPB shotgun/rifle" you will be able to purchase NPB shotgun of any bore or NPB rifle of any bore.
In Kolkata and most of Bengal (saying 'most' because I cant be 100 % sure) the government no longer entertains (and this is in practice for more than a decade) any application for NB bore... One has to specify the bore and type of weapon and also the action in case of shotgun... i.e if it is for DBBL, SBBL or a repeater with magazine. In case of revolvers, pistols and rifles one has to just specify the caliber. (thank GOD for small mercies)
In Bengal .380 rimless (9 mm short) is considered a prohibited bore. Cops start grilling if one wants to buy .357 or .44 magnum (There is a gentleman in Howrah who has Dirty Harry's gun :cry: ) or any caliber that they feel is bigger than theirs :lol: :lol:

It seems "NP bore" lives on in many states.
Thanks goodboy mentor

TC

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:03 pm

One possible solution to this nuisance of not accepting "NPB shotgun/rifle" could be to send arms license application by registered post as per Rule 51 of Arms Rules 1962 and then track it with RTI.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

aashishgilbert
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by aashishgilbert » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:56 pm

thanks for reply its helpful

MOHAN SINGH
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by MOHAN SINGH » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:18 pm

how much price of repeater DBBL gun in India & carttige loarding capacity and photo of gun