PM India -Mr.Modi - Change something in favour of GUN LOVERS

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
thunderboy200688
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

PM India -Mr.Modi - Change something in favour of GUN LOVERS

Post by thunderboy200688 » Mon May 26, 2014 4:50 pm

Dear all members,
Let us all plan something so that the new PM of India from which people have lot of hopes.....for a "CHANGE"...he also changes some laws in favour of us all....

For Advertising mail webmaster
thunderboy200688
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: PM India -Mr.Modi - Change something in favour of GUN LO

Post by thunderboy200688 » Tue May 27, 2014 12:25 am

We have Hon'ble MP Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore( Olympic Medallist) in the New Government....Convey him our concerns for easier gun rules and more of sporting events/chances....

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Tue May 27, 2014 7:20 am

Mankeka Gandhi is a cabinet minister

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Tue May 27, 2014 11:10 am

Rao Inderjit Singh is an MoS (Ind) & this is what his wiki says:

"Rao Inderjit Singh was a member of the Indian shooting Team from 1990 to 2003 and won a Bronze Medal at the Commonwealth Shooting Championship. He was also a National Champion in Skeet for three consecutive years and won three gold medals in the SAF Games."
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue May 27, 2014 11:20 am

I really wonder why people think that something will materially change in gun ownership with this new government. Were there no NDA government after 84? Are things are different in Gujrat? Maybe members from Gujrat can put some perspective on this.

Regarding sports shooters being in Government. Most of the sports shooters are not very keen on RKBA or even very encouraging when it comes to promoting the sport. That is been my experience so far

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Tue May 27, 2014 11:50 am

One needs a fire arm license to buy and possess an air gun in Gujarat. I have seen the issued licenses for airguns out there. Besides, fire arm policy is certainly not on their agenda right now. Although I do hope they'll atleast come out with some more concessions for sports shooters.

Marksman

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Tue May 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Its in human nature to assume that the new is better than the old. :D
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

jashwantsinh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by jashwantsinh » Tue May 27, 2014 3:21 pm

As long as an Arm License is concerned, nothing has changed nor leniency obserevd here in Gujarat as long as Mr. Narendra Modi was CM here. I know few renowed shooter had tough time in getting Arm licence. So, am personally not much hopeful.

thunderboy200688
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by thunderboy200688 » Wed May 28, 2014 12:03 pm

kanwar76 wrote:I really wonder why people think that something will materially change in gun ownership with this new government. Were there no NDA government after 84? Are things are different in Gujrat? Maybe members from Gujrat can put some perspective on this.

Regarding sports shooters being in Government. Most of the sports shooters are not very keen on RKBA or even very encouraging when it comes to promoting the sport. That is been my experience so far

-Inder
Dear all, it is not about nda/modi/new government but that this government has promised change in everything/anything that most of the people/youth of this country want.....as i said lets all of us do/plan something so that they feel that masses want change in gun rules....only if the "masses" want...as such i am not sure how many (except us all ) in this country want this change....???

lonetrigger
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lonetrigger » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:48 pm

kanwar76 wrote:I really wonder why people think that something will materially change in gun ownership with this new government. Were there no NDA government after 84? Are things are different in Gujrat? Maybe members from Gujrat can put some perspective on this.

-Inder
+1.

Its not who is in power... Its who put them in power. People like to believe (and are led to believe) that they do.
It is the approx. 10000cr. electoral campaign budget which (which supposedly surpassed that of Obama's Presedential spending) decides who's to bear office.
"The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you look".

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:07 pm

Its alright to be skeptical about gun rights being relaxed or not under the present dispensation but to link that with some "figure" spent on electoral funding is not .Specially looking at the Machiavellian governance imposed on us in the last 68 years by a certain family and accompanying plunder of national wealth.Indians have judged that correctly and thats it .Lets keep this discussion Apolitical.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Frankly, I don't see much changing unless there is more political pressure brought to bear on the government. Say, for example, if NAGRI is able to gather enough MP's to give voice to the organization's positions.
By itself, with no outside pressure to make it an issue, it isn't an issue and won't be considered as there are many other issues that will be lobbied for.
If you want something done, grow NAGRI's membership by joining. When NAGRI has a large enough membership, it will become a political force.
Its alright to be skeptical about gun rights being relaxed or not under the present dispensation but to link that with some "figure" spent on electoral funding is not .Specially looking at the Machiavellian governance imposed on us in the last 68 years by a certain family and accompanying plunder of national wealth.Indians have judged that correctly and thats it .Lets keep this discussion Apolitical.
Really?
You criticize one political party as indulging in a "plunder of national wealth" but object to someone else bringing up the campaign budget of the other party?
Then you ask that everyone else to be apolitical?
You do realize how hypocritical that sounds, don't you?

I suggest you let the mods determine when a thread is heading into no man's land rather than trying to censure other posters content.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

faizurrahim
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by faizurrahim » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:20 am

I totally agree with @xl_target. :agree:

NAGRI has taken up a crucial issue and doing a commendable work. Even myself has been bitten by the license bug and the procedure is simply pissing me off. I wish more and more people join hands and promote RKBA which is the concept of IFG also. No doubt, joining NAGRI in large numbers will definitely transform it into a more sound and political force.

Hope we see a brighter future of shooting sports in India :)

Faiz

anubhav_rulez
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anubhav_rulez » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Same here...applied for AL.in Jan...still waiting for it to move from COs office. I dont know whats wrong with them. Been there N number of times...every day its same story. Finally left hope.
Anubhav Bajpai
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's always better to have a gun & don't need it...Than need a gun & not having it !!!

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:21 pm

I do not think this Modi fellow can do anything in this matter as an individual. There are many other factors and forces involved. NAGRI needs to sit and decide its present and future strategy in the changed political scenario.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992