Basis of ban on the import of firearms in India in 1986

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Basis of ban on the import of firearms in India in 1986

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:40 pm

ankur_ank007 wrote:All members of the forum are requested to suggest any additions/rectifications which may be done to the RTI application
goodboy_mentor wrote:What is the legal purpose of placing arms and ammunition into restricted list of EXIM Policy? Let DGFT/ Finance Ministry give an answer to this question via RTI by providing certified copies of all the documents on basis of which firearms were placed in restricted list of EXIM Policy for the first time.
By "all the documents" I mean all "information" and "record" as defined in Sections 2(f) & (i) of RTI Act 2005
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

For Advertising mail webmaster
rs123in
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rs123in » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:45 pm

Based on discussion above, I also have made a small educational video on subject. Mine is a non commercial channel on YouTube, i.e.
1. Neither I have a weapon dealership or any association with them. Mostly indian channels are commercial, owned by weapon dealers.
2. Nor I monetize my videos, nor plan to do in future. Its my passion not profession.
3. I cant even show my face, to gain personal publicity. But I do intend to share my knowledge.

HAM RAHE YA NA RAHE, HAMARA KAAM AMAR RAHEGA.

EkManushya
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by EkManushya » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:53 am

ankur_ank007 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:12 pm

Hello Sir,

Filed an RTI with the following questions today asking for the basis on which a firearm for personal use can be put in restricted list of EXIM Policy. Hope to get reply within prescribed time limit.

All members of the forum are requested to suggest any additions/rectifications which may be done to the RTI application.

Regards
Ankur
what about the reply of the RTI? did you get it? if yes, what was their answer?

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Shivakr » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:55 pm

rs123in wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:45 pm
Based on discussion above, I also have made a small educational video on subject. Mine is a non commercial channel on YouTube, i.e.
1. Neither I have a weapon dealership or any association with them. Mostly indian channels are commercial, owned by weapon dealers.
2. Nor I monetize my videos, nor plan to do in future. Its my passion not profession.
3. I cant even show my face, to gain personal publicity. But I do intend to share my knowledge.

Sir I like your videos they are informative.. but your are spamming the board..

rs123in
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rs123in » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:23 am

Shivakr wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:55 pm
rs123in wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:45 pm

Sir I like your videos they are informative.. but your are spamming the board..
Ok sorry, will take care in future, not to do the same. Maybe it as error of judgment & not intent. Also, in last part of my video series, I am trying to demystify this import ban issue and its ramifications on Indian Buyers.

hdn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hdn » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:37 pm

We are raising the same issue with the government very soon hoping that the ban which was imposed on the import of firearms will be lifted soon.
Thanks
HDN