Gun Laws INDIA

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
sks76239
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Gun Laws INDIA

Post by sks76239 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:24 pm

Hello IFGians,

Someone, named Sandhya Ramesh, recently published series of tweets describing the process of obtaining "guns" in India. She also consulted IFG for some of her info. She is not entirely correct as I am aware licensing process varies state to state even when the gun law is federal.

The point is that her "piece" is getting a lot of attention (being included in twitter moments in India a lot) in wake of unfortunate school shooting in US. If someone wants to publish a similar piece but detailing shortcomings of Indian gun laws instead, it is a good time to get involved and participate in the discussion. I am attaching the screenshots of her tweets (read in the order: 1
1_gc.jpg
, 2
2_gc.jpg
).

Her stance appears to be towards the liberal side of gun law arguments.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Gun Laws INDIA

Post by Gunner_dh » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:01 am

Hi Sks,

Could not go though the contents of the screenshots.
Request you to post a link which would provide clarity.

Regards
dh

sks76239
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sks76239 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:26 pm

Hi gunner,

I couldn't find the link. But if you click zoom after the picture loads, you should be able to read clearly.

I use chrome browser; it loads the picture for me in the same tab after which i click on the picture to zoom in.

ty!

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:07 am

Sorry Sks,

Unable to read through, apart from the first line.
I am using Tap talk

Regards
dh

pkaran
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pkaran » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:53 pm

Hello Abhijeet,
Greetings!

The Supreme Court last Friday came out with a landmark judgment reasserting the “Right to die with dignity”, as an inalienable right guaranteed by the Fundamental Rights” under Article 21 of the Constitution of India.

Needless to mention, and inevitably, that the “Right to live with dignity” also an inalienable right guaranteed by the Fundamental Rights” under Article 21 of the Constitution of India takes precedence over the “Right to die with dignity”. The right to life and dignity of a person and status without means were cosmetic rights, observes K.Ramaswamy J., in Calcutta Electricity Supply Corporation (India) Ltd. v. Subhash Chandra Bose.

Dignity in life has a sense of realism that permeates the right to life. It has a basic connect with the autonomy of the individual and the right to self-determination. To live in fear as well as the failure to exercise liberty and freedom are portents of the deprivation of life.

This ruling has direct relevance to the Right to own firearms. Can somebody, preferably someone with adequate experience in interpreting the law take a closer look at the above ruling in relation to RKBA and come out with his observations? I am sure that it will definitely help all those who wish to promote RKBA. This ruling has direct relevance to the right to own arms and everyone on this Forum should see this opportunity and wrestle for our rights. Regards,

Army
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Army » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:33 am

That’s because of dumb crazy British people who have stupid brains don’t want people to own guns so you can be a slave that’s why no such thing as a freeman if you can’t own what you want or do what you want or protect your self they rather have illegal firearms that criminals have rather then citizens with legal firearms for protection hunting etc from the looks of it