Some guidance please

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Composite
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Some guidance please

Post by Composite » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:41 am

Hello there!

I don't know if this question has been asked before (apologies if it has been) I plan to start shooting and needed some info on the costs.

I live in Mumbai and was thinking of joining the MRA range. I checked some other posts which stated that the pistol/rifle basic courses cost 2000/3000 respectively. If I am not wrong one has to do a safety course too after it?

So my question is after I am done with these courses, what expenditures will I incurr (except the membership). Like do I have to take regular coaching? If yes, how much will it cost? How much will the targets/pellets cost on monthly basis?

Thanks a lot in advance!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Composite
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Some guidance please

Post by Composite » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:39 am

I think I mixed up the rifle and pistol training costs.

bishu57
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by bishu57 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:32 am

Hi.

You are right . The safety course is mandatory if you want to shoot regularly at the MRA

Coaching is a matter of preference and depends on how serious you are about the sport

My suggestion would be so the basic introduction course , see if you enjoy it and then take a call

If you do decide to take this up as a serious hobby / sports then yes a lot of options in terms of coaching / training are available at MRA as well as across mumbai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Composite
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Composite » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:43 am

bishu57 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:32 am
Hi.

You are right . The safety course is mandatory if you want to shoot regularly at the MRA

Coaching is a matter of preference and depends on how serious you are about the sport

My suggestion would be so the basic introduction course , see if you enjoy it and then take a call

If you do decide to take this up as a serious hobby / sports then yes a lot of options in terms of coaching / training are available at MRA as well as across mumbai

Thanks a lot for answering! Also how much does coaching cost on an average in Mumbai? Does the lifetime membership of MRA include coaching fees?

bishu57
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by bishu57 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:57 pm

You are welcome. No the lifetime membership does not include any coaching fees . On an average coaching fees can range from a 40k / 50k a year and go up to over a Lac depending on the coach and the kind of training that you want to invest into .

If it is primarily air pistol you are getting into then the cost of pellets etc is not that significant , however if you decide to pursue shooting as a serious hobby and get into the 25 metre and 50 metre discipline then do factor in the cost of ammunition also which should range from 30k to 60 k again annually .

Hope that helps