Shooting Range without proper back Stop and protection

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Shooting Range without proper back Stop and protection

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:50 am

I saw this video while just skimming on YouTube yesterday. Before start writing anything I would like to appreciate the initiative of starting a range with revolvers and shotguns. It will give easy access to aspiring shooters which is very essential to grow new shooters.
But to mention that shooting live Ammo on open fields without any back stop can be very dangerous
Stray slugs can hit human and animal life both and nobody can guess how far the Ammo will travel.
Regards

Shivaji

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Shooting Range without proper back Stop and protection

Post by Vineet » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:56 pm

This is an accident waiting to happen. The other day I say a news in which an air gun pellet penetrated through eye to the brain of a boy and he died. Just imagine these are real firearms.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:58 am

There will be no improvement to individual gun rights as long as the public perceives shooters and gun owners are irresponsible and disregard everyone else's safety.

Having such a video posted publicly is nothing more than an advertisement of people who only care about themselves. How people can be so irresponsible about the things they enjoy doing is totally beyond me.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:15 pm

I don't want to criticizes any shooter and specially a young one. They are the future of this sports.
But here the kid shooting with the O/U is surely under aged. The gun is quite big for him as he is not able to hold it steady. Recoil is almost shaking him. It's the duty of the seniors of that place to give proper training first and shoot the video later on.
Regards

Shivaji