National Rifle Association of India - NRAI

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
darellyad
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Affiliation to NRAI

Post by darellyad » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:13 am

HI! Friends, I'm from Nagaland and a member of the Nagaland State Rifle Association (NSRA)
My queries are:
NSRA has been trying to get the affiliation of NRAI since long. I really don't know whether it is difficult too to get the affiliation or efforts are not being made by the NSRA.
As an ardent shooter and a life member of the NSRA, I would like to get our club affiliated to the NSRA. If there is anyone who could assist me in getting the Rifle Club affiliated, I would certainly follow up with your guidance and inform the Association (NSRA).

For Advertising mail webmaster
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: National Rifle Association of India - NRAI

Post by Anand » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:58 am

It is my understanding that the President of your association will have to write to the NRAI. The Nagaland State Rifle Association will basically become a member of NRAI. That is how affiliation is granted. I could be wrong on this. Please check with the NRAI directly.
Anand

jk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:47 am

Please IFG Guru & Members can anybody help me by proposing in my form for NRAI Membership. I also need someone to second it. What Sirs nobody to do a helpfull deed.:?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:35 am

jk wrote:Please IFG Guru & Members can anybody help me by proposing in my form for NRAI Membership. I also need someone to second it. What Sirs nobody to do a helpfull deed.:?
Contact me via PM....

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:49 pm

For all current Life Members, how long before you can sign for other potential members as a proposer or seconder?
Anand

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:43 am

Anand wrote:For all current Life Members, how long before you can sign for other potential members as a proposer or seconder?
Anand
As soon as you get your membership approved and have your membership no. in hand... :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:26 pm

Thanks Abhijeet,
I have a few who have been asking me to propose or second their membership. I will follow your lead!
Regards,
Anand

ragunnaath
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ragunnaath » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:36 am

Friends,

I have been craving to become an NRAI member for quite sometime, and have been going through various posts on IFG and the membership procedure on the NRAI site.

I have downloaded the membership application form and have some questions on the membership pre-requisites.

1. In the membership application form, there is a section to fill in the Fire Arms License No. Does this mean its necessary to hold a Fire Arms License to become a member of NRAI?
2. I do not know any existing members of NRAI to propose and second my application. Would it be possible for anyone to be kind enough to support my interests and help me with this requirement?

- Ragu

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:42 am

1. No - I was a school student when I became a member... just owned an air-rifle at the time!
2. Would have offered to helped, but I already have a few applications lying with me for whom I am waiting for a friend to sign the seconding signature... if you don't care too much about turn around time (could be a couple of months before I can return your application to you with the signatures done) you could PM me.

www.gunowners.in

ragunnaath
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ragunnaath » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:20 am

Hi Abhijeet,

Thanks a lot for your quick response!

I have sent you a PM. Kindly check.

Regards,
Ragu

ragunnaath
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ragunnaath » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:31 am

Hi Abhijeet,

Just wanted to check if you have got my PM. 'cause, I see that the message is showing under the Outbox folder. Not sure if this is normal.

Would be great if you could confirm if you have got the message or not.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Ragu

prashant00789
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by prashant00789 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi Abhijeet,

The process of being member of NRAI looks similar to freemasons society, one needs a proposer then seconder. Can you please help me in the process of membership.

Regards.

Prashant

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:13 am

Sorry for not responding to the PM's guys, but my inbox is full and I have not had the chance to delete old messages to be able to view the newer ones (which is probably why they are still stuck in your outbox). Sounds lame but I have had a lot on my plate of late, anyhow will get to the messages soon enough and respond accordingly. Meanwhile, to those of you who have already sent me your applications, I request a bit more patience.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

eaglesharp10
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by eaglesharp10 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:59 am

hello i want to be a member of NRAI what are the procedures and requirements to be its member , will u plz guide me

-- Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:24 am --
mundaire wrote:One simply needs to fill out the form and have 2 existing NRAI members sign their recommendation on the form. And of course the membership fee... I think it is about 15k for life membership these days - Deepak Mishra here recently signed up with them, maybe he can post his experiences here as well....

Now my question - what benefits do you expect to gain from this membership? NRAI does not own or run any shooting range, so membership will not give you access to any shooting facilities!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
How can i be a member of NRAI? & How can i get the sigh of 2 existing members? will u plz guide me. And can a recomendation of a state`s olympic association president will work.

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by saahil » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:37 pm

hi eaglesharp,
you need signature of two existing life members on the form with endorsment from DM of your place.as im a member of nrai,ill be more than happy if i can be of any help.you can pm me.