Can I do Target Practice at my own Place.

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
sudhirkh
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Can I do Target Practice at my own Place.

Post by sudhirkh » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Hello friends,
I had applied for license and sure of getting it ;)

I will be glad if someone will let me know the following things:

1) Can I do Target Practice at my own place with some expert guidance or it is compulsory to Join Shooting Club ?

2) Which Arm should I buy 1st, Rifle or Shot Gun ?

Thanking in Anticipation .

( i HAD APPLIED FOR semi automatic pistol and rifle, also i can go to out of city area you say own farm )
Last edited by sudhirkh on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
vrohan59
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Can I do Target Practice at my own Place.

Post by vrohan59 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:36 pm

I guess you can do practice at your place,unless you live in the middle of a city!,as for expert guidance;good luck :D Your second question,it depends on what type of licence you've applied for...
War does not define who is right -- only who is left
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:37 pm

best to give more info as to your home area, etc before one can make a comment
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

sudhirkh
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sudhirkh » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:54 pm

vrohan59 wrote:I guess you can do practice at your place,unless you live in the middle of a city!,as for expert guidance;good luck :D Your second question,it depends on what type of licence you've applied for...

( i HAD APPLIED FOR semi automatic pistol and rifle, also i can go to out of city area you say own farm )

-- Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:54 pm --
nagarifle wrote:best to give more info as to your home area, etc before one can make a comment

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:29 pm

Its not advisable to discharge firearms in a congested locality, since there are some seafty issues involved for people living in your neighbourhood. For Rifle a Safe Backstop is must , otherwise over pentration may occur and it can cause fatal Accident to others. in my opinion refrain from firing firearms for practice if your living inside a city or a congested area.
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:46 pm

1) Can I do Target Practice at my own place with some expert guidance or it is compulsory to Join Shooting Club ?
There is no compulsion to join a shooting club. If you do practice yourself make sure that all safety precautions are followed to the maximum. Like there should be a very strong back stop(like a thick mud wall or a trench like pit) to absorb the bullets. There is no chance of somebody unknowingly walking towards the direction you are firing etc. etc. Though I have heard people practicing in their backyards in cities like Ghaziabad and Noida, it is best if you can go out of city area to avoid unnecessary misunderstandings with your neighbors.
It is your choice. legally speaking, it is easiest to get license of NPB shotgun since Arms Act 1959 in Section 13 is clearly mandating the licensing authority to issue the license if the applicant is not disqualified under Section 14. This has been discussed at http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 40#p132137 Once you get license for NPB shotgun, you can go for second and third weapon without giving any "special" reasons. You have High Court judgment to back your demand for second and third license. Judgment can be found here http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 89#p113930
i HAD APPLIED FOR semi automatic pistol and rifle
Rather than applying for "semi automatic pistol" it is always better to apply for "NPB pistol/revolver". This will allow you to buy any NPB pistol or revolver. Similarly for rifle one can mention in application as "NPB Rifle/Shotgun" to keep the options wide.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Happy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Happy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:18 pm

:agree:
Regards
Happy.

sudhirkh
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sudhirkh » Sat May 07, 2011 12:23 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:
There is no compulsion to join a shooting club. If you do practice yourself make sure that all safety precautions are followed to the maximum. Like there should be a very strong back stop(like a thick mud wall or a trench like pit) to absorb the bullets. There is no chance of somebody unknowingly walking towards the direction you are firing etc. etc. Though I have heard people practicing in their backyards in cities like Ghaziabad and Noida, it is best if you can go out of city area to avoid unnecessary misunderstandings with your neighbors.
It is your choice. legally speaking, it is easiest to get license of NPB shotgun since Arms Act 1959 in Section 13 is clearly mandating the licensing authority to issue the license if the applicant is not disqualified under Section 14. This has been discussed at http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 40#p132137 Once you get license for NPB shotgun, you can go for second and third weapon without giving any "special" reasons. You have High Court judgment to back your demand for second and third license. Judgment can be found here http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 89#p113930
i HAD APPLIED FOR semi automatic pistol and rifle
Rather than applying for "semi automatic pistol" it is always better to apply for "NPB pistol/revolver". This will allow you to buy any NPB pistol or revolver. Similarly for rifle one can mention in application as "NPB Rifle/Shotgun" to keep the options wide.

THANKS A LOT FRIENDS.

airguns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by airguns » Sat May 07, 2011 6:01 am

sudhirkh wrote:Hello friends,
I had applied for license and sure of getting it ;)

I will be glad if someone will let me know the following things:

Thanking in Anticipation .

Practicing at your farm in a rural area is legit. Make sure to get in-out quick, otherwise, onlookers tend to gather and are a nuisance, even in rural areas.

Best and cheapest 1st gun would be a .22 rimfire, the pistol can be a nice second for self defence, if you have two firearms on your licence.

BTW:I have a Shotgun(stuck with a family heirloom from the 30's) and Pistol in India, but would much rather have a .22 and Pistol.