nrai membership

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
msbabbar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

nrai membership

Post by msbabbar » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:10 pm

how to get a membership of nrai.
is it necessary that two existing members recommend you before you can get the membership.
after becoming a member, are we entitled to keep a fourth weapon i.e a .22 rifle over and above the three weapons allowed on a licence.

For Advertising mail webmaster
maverickwebley
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: nrai membership

Post by maverickwebley » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:30 pm

You will not be able to become memeber of this ******* association even after years of running. They will never allow any common man to become memeber of it unless you have political connections or you are a really good shooter of some repute.

darashp
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by darashp » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:04 pm

msbabbar wrote:how to get a membership of nrai.
is it necessary that two existing members recommend you before you can get the membership.
after becoming a member, are we entitled to keep a fourth weapon i.e a .22 rifle over and above the three weapons allowed on a licence.
Dear mr Babbar,
For becoming member of NRAI it is necessary for u to, 2 members of the NRAI will recommend u on the membership form with the attestation of the D.M or the gazzetted officer of the govt of india with personal aquinted on the form. Last year the fee for the life membership was Rs 25,000 + taxes ,when u complete the form and send it to the NRAI,they have a meeting of the members once in a month in that meeting they take a dicisson to gave a membership or not,If u r not a gun hs dealer i think u will definately get it without any sifarish.
After becoming member u r entitled to get a licence for .22 rifle as a fourth weapon for target practice or shooting, after becoming member u have to take part in any competition organised by the NRAI or related shooting clubs and get the certificate for the shooting participate,which should be very helpful for u to increase ur ammunation quota as well as getting the .22 licence from the licencing authority . :cheers:

maverickwebley
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by maverickwebley » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Darashp has explained it very well. I am also trying to become member of NRAI. A shooter is known to me and I will try thru him. Fee is 21K for life member. Other benefits are that you dont have to deposit arms during elections, More ammo quota, Four weapons on your license and also you can buy weapons and ammo from NRAI sales outlet. You can go thru the NRAI site and see it yourself. But do all this if you are serious shooter. all the best

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:12 pm

The "benefit" that you don't have to deposit arms during elections seems a bit over blown if you read this http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 92#p158088 As for other "benefits" as already said unless you are serious shooter, there aren't any.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Hlima_0123
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Hlima_0123 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:09 pm

Seeking for two good samaritan to help me in getting member into NRAI,is anyone who can help me out there?

Hlima_0123
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Hlima_0123 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Please ask your questions in relevant threads or start a new thread. - Moderator.

arvindjadeja
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by arvindjadeja » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:42 pm

Hi all,
I just contacted NRAI for the membership and I told them that I do not have a gun license to which they replied that it is not necessary to have a license in order to apply for the membership. However when I asked them the benefits of being an NRAI, the representative told me that I shall be entitled to own a .22 NR rifle. They will isse me a recommendation letter for issuing me a gun license and on the basis of recommendation letter, I shall get the license. I also need to have recommendation from two NRAI members. However, I do not know any such person. Pl advise.

Nailz
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Nailz » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Folks,

Can anyone of you help me with the recommendation of 2 NRAI members? I don't know of any. I don't mind hanging around the club to socialize/befriend members, but that might just make me look like a creep. Looking to get that membership. Help a poor soul, be kind. Please.