National Rifle Association of India - NRAI

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Shabbu9x9
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: National Rifle Association of India - NRAI

Post by Shabbu9x9 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:02 pm

Please reply.
I am NRAI member and I am interested for .22 rifle, but I don't know wher to apply for sports cota.
Thanks
Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:10 am

Shabbu9x9 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:02 pm
Please reply.
I am NRAI member and I am interested for .22 rifle, but I don't know wher to apply for sports cota.
Thanks
Regards
You want to apply for .22 rifle license?If you want to apply for arm license for sports then you have to achieve mqs in 50 meters rifle event(prone or 3p) on state level/national/G.V mavlenker trophy.After achieving mqs apply for recommendation letter to your state rifle association/in case of nationals apply to NRAI.After getting recommendation letter apply for arm license and attach that letter in arm license forms and LA will grant you license for npb rifle.In my state LA is not granting firearm license unless someone is sport shooter and have achieved mqs in state or national level event these days. afaik nrai membership alone is not going to help you in grant of arm license.I don't know what is condition in other states.They are not even accepting fresh arm license application typical answer is uper se bandh ker rakha hai sahab kya kre.If you want to practice then KSSR delhi is closed only national squad/olympic quota players are permitted to practice because of covid 19.Your best bet would be ask NRAI officials if they somehow gives you recommendation letter on the basis of membership.Go to NRAI office if it's not closed from their you will get recommendation letter.
regards

Shabbu9x9
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shabbu9x9 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:08 pm

THANKS ashokgodara for replying
Regards

Shooterlike
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shooterlike » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:02 pm

hi, may i know what is the difference of being in a state unt or cljub and nrai

Reddick
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Reddick » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:46 pm

Election of Office Bearers and Members of Governing Body of NRAI for the term of 2021-25

The schedule for the abovesaid elections has been declared by NRAI and would be held on 18th of Sept. 2021 .
Only those members were eligible to vote for 36 posts (20+16) who were active from the last one year.
The forum members may visit the NRAI website for more details.

mumbaihurricane
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mumbaihurricane » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:49 pm

Friends,

Need help to get NRAI membership, I am a Aspiring Shooter with MQS in State competition and Mavlankar.
Can you please I need help from two existing members to support my application, I have got the endorsement done from MLA.

Regards

Reddick
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Reddick » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:17 pm

Yes , I can help you.
Please PM me your details :)

mumbaihurricane
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mumbaihurricane » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:08 pm

Sir,
The PM options is not enabled for me yet. Is their any other way, please advise.
Reddick wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:17 pm
Yes , I can help you.

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:48 pm

mumbaihurricane wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:49 pm
Friends,

Need help to get NRAI membership, I am a Aspiring Shooter with MQS in State competition and Mavlankar.
Can you please I need help from two existing members to support my application, I have got the endorsement done from MLA.

Regards
My younger brother too has acquired MQS as an aspiring shooter in 50 meter free pistol at GV Mavlankar event held at Ahmedabad . He got Gold medal infact . Later he lost in Nationals held in Delhi . He has been selected for 10 meter Air Pistol Olympic trials though . What are your plans for Arms license and getting guns ? My brother too does not have any gun license . Seniors may please help for future course that should be taken up by these guys .

A million follar question is whether the shooters who qualified as Asping Shooters can buy a gun from overseas like Renowned Shooters can do ??
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

mumbaihurricane
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mumbaihurricane » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:08 pm

Friend,

As an Aspiring Shooter you can apply for a Gun Licence under sports category .
From my experience the official at LA were quite adamant for NRAI Shooter ID and Certificate as proof of being a sportsman. They also ascertain fire arm category under which applicant is Shooter ex: rifle, pistol or shotgun.
I had to take copy of Gazette, arms rules and equipment control sheet to explain small bore.
Arms rules have defined Aspiring Shooter, can have two weapon of category under which the Individual is Aspiring Shooter.

Weapon import is banned since last 30yrs or so, there is thread which has details around that.
With my understanding only Renowned shooters can import firearm.
Weapon(SMALL or BIG bore) Import permit permission is given to Renowned Shooter only. No Such is allowed to Aspiring Shooter, further, Only one can be Imported/ordered by one certificate. An import request form (NRAI website) needs to be filled and submitted to NRAI for weapon import. National Certificate and a valid arms Licence is needed when applying for Import permit.
One can seek import permit only for category under which the individual is qualified Renowned Shooter. Ex: if renowned shot on small bore rifle import permission for small bore rifle only.

You can check for below
1 - Gazette :- CG-DL-E-12022020-216103
2 - https://mha.gov.in/sites/default/files/ ... 0913_1.pdf
3 - https://pib.gov.in/PressReleaseIframePa ... by%2013.12.

There are separate threads which could be searched and explored on No of Weapon etc.

Cutting this here to ensure thread is contained to NRAI only

mumbaihurricane
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mumbaihurricane » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:14 pm

Reddick wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:17 pm
Yes , I can help you.
@Reddick Sir,
If that is not much of trouble, could you drop a PM note to me with your contact details please, I will call.

PM FUNCTIONALITY is not enabled for me yet.

Regards

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:50 pm

mumbaihurricane wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:08 pm
Friend,

As an Aspiring Shooter you can apply for a Gun Licence under sports category .
From my experience the official at LA were quite adamant for NRAI Shooter ID and Certificate as proof of being a sportsman. They also ascertain fire arm category under which applicant is Shooter ex: rifle, pistol or shotgun.
I had to take copy of Gazette, arms rules and equipment control sheet to explain small bore.
Arms rules have defined Aspiring Shooter, can have two weapon of category under which the Individual is Aspiring Shooter.

Weapon import is banned since last 30yrs or so, there is thread which has details around that.
With my understanding only Renowned shooters can import firearm.
Weapon(SMALL or BIG bore) Import permit permission is given to Renowned Shooter only. No Such is allowed to Aspiring Shooter, further, Only one can be Imported/ordered by one certificate. An import request form (NRAI website) needs to be filled and submitted to NRAI for weapon import. National Certificate and a valid arms Licence is needed when applying for Import permit.
One can seek import permit only for category under which the individual is qualified Renowned Shooter. Ex: if renowned shot on small bore rifle import permission for small bore rifle only.

You can check for below
1 - Gazette :- CG-DL-E-12022020-216103
2 - https://mha.gov.in/sites/default/files/ ... 0913_1.pdf
3 - https://pib.gov.in/PressReleaseIframePa ... by%2013.12.

There are separate threads which could be searched and explored on No of Weapon etc.

Cutting this here to ensure thread is contained to NRAI only
Thanks brother .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

mumbaihurricane
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mumbaihurricane » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:39 pm

Friends,
I need one more esteemed member to support my case.
Can anyone help.

Also does anyone have contact details of Mundaire Sir.

Regards