National Rifle Association of India - NRAI

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: National Rifle Association of India - NRAI

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:58 pm

WPT you are either not informed or misinformed, please do not have needless doubts in your mind. I would request you not to jump to conclusions without verifying the facts. The guarantee to Right to Life under Article 21 of Constitution becomes absolutely meaningless, if the right to self defense is not covered under it.
1)Corollary to Right to Life is Right to Private/Self Defense as allowed by Sections 96 to 106 IPC. I have no doubts, if you have any doubts, please consult any good lawyer and get it confirmed for your personal satisfaction.
2)Self defense is a fundamental right guaranteed under Article 21 of Constitution, and applying for Arms license for self defense is a legal right. I would request you to carefully & completely read a recent important judgment by Hon'ble High Court, AP at http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic ... 7&start=15

prash.44, your concerns are felt by all upright citizens of the country. Practical solution lies in 2 ways:
1)Get as many people join National Association for Gun Rights India to voice the concern and fight both ways, through legislative action and judicial action.
2)Encourage people to apply for arms license. Having a very large number of people as Arms License holders, so that they are a considerable vote-bank for politicians to consider.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

For Advertising mail webmaster
darashp
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

about nrai membership

Post by darashp » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi every one, i want to know that i have applied for the membership of nrai.After getting membership can i use all the shooting ranges in india ? and participate in all the activities done by nrai or i have to be a member of the local shooting range also.

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: about nrai membership

Post by amit888_2000 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:56 pm

Nrai membership doesn't mean, u can use ranges on all india basis.....
Nrai membership, means a membership of the top shooting body, direct under sports ministry, and thru which u can present ur shooting skills internationally, or can buy indian manufactured ammo & guns/rifles from NRAI....
if u have to use range, u need to take membership on monthly basis or under pay & play scheme, at any range thru out India...
Pls understand, NRAI is a shooting sports body, under govt of india (sports ministry), to encourage sports, like various other sports, like boxing, swiming, etc....

anything else, pls feel free to post...

have a happy & safe shooting

)))cheers!!!

nash
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nash » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:30 am

If we have a NRAI membership can we import air rifles from abroad?
"I would rather be hated for who I am..
Than be loved for who I am not"

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:50 am

This topic has been EXTENSIVELY dealt with on our forum. Please search "Air Guns" section at http://indiansforguns.com/viewforum.php?f=2
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

nash
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nash » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:41 am

Hi guyz.... can i ask the question atleast here??

Does having a NRAI membership entitle us to import a .177 cal air rifle??? or do we need to have the respective
State rifle association membership as well???

thanks and regards...

Nash..

kb100
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kb100 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:13 am

Nash

Either of them. You can either be the member of NRAI or ANY affiliated club (State/District/City) for you to be eligible.
A Closed Mouth Gathers No Feet!

nash
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nash » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:25 am

is it easier to get a membership in NRAI compared to the state rifle associations...

In chennai its literally a nightmare getting a membership...

kb100
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kb100 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:58 am

I believe there is a rifle assn in Trichy/Madurai and Coimbatore. You could check out the scene in any of those places. Else you can always try for NRAI except from what I have read here, their process takes around three-four months from the time you submit your docs and the payment.

nash
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nash » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:16 am

But how do I take a membership in madurai or coimbatore if I don't have any address proof or someone to give me introduction..

Doesn't matter if it takes 3 or 4 months if there's genuine chance of getting a membership in NRAI..

Apparently getting a membership in chennai rifle club is like day dreaming.. So if I get a NRAI membership can I enter chennai rifle club? If so then this could be the best thing to happen for a chennaite like me.. But the biggest problem for me is I don't know any existing NRAI members to second my application.. Pls help me guys.. How do I go about it...
I want to take up this sport seriously.. So any suggestion is too valuable for me..

Thanks and regards..

Nash..

kb100
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kb100 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:02 am

Nash... it is clear you have not read the various posts on NRAI on the forum- including this thread. All the merits and the possible demerits have been discussed at length - both on this thread and many others. A lot of people who are current members of NRAI have also posted offering to first/second the application of people wanting to apply for NRAI . All you need to do is to PM them!

nash
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nash » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:16 am

@KB100

I've read each and every post of this thread KB... and I've PMed anand bhai and ahijeet bhai for proposing and seconding my application... and now i'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed and waiting for their response...

Is there anyone here from chennai or TN who's a NRAI member??

Thanks and regards..
Nash.

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:32 pm

Hello nash,
Will be glad to propose or second your application :D . PM me your details and we can take it from there!
Regards,
Anand

nash
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nash » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:38 am

Really glad and pleased to see ur reply anand bhai.. Thanks a ton..

I've sent u a great pm..

nash
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nash » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi guyz!!!

I'm gonna apply for NRAI membership. Anand bhai is going to be the proposer... now i need someone to second my application. Is there any anyone on IFG who has a NRAI membership, who can second my application???

Please!!!!! help me guyz!!!!

Thanks and regards!!!

Nash..