National Rifle Association of India - NRAI

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Yasho
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

National Rifle Association of India - NRAI

Post by Yasho » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:48 pm

Friends,
How does one enroll/become a member of NRAI? Does one have to be a national/state level qualified shooter!
Please provide necessary info.
Thanx.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:58 am

One simply needs to fill out the form and have 2 existing NRAI members sign their recommendation on the form. And of course the membership fee... I think it is about 15k for life membership these days - Deepak Mishra here recently signed up with them, maybe he can post his experiences here as well....

Now my question - what benefits do you expect to gain from this membership? NRAI does not own or run any shooting range, so membership will not give you access to any shooting facilities!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

denzilmatthew
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Membership for NRAI

Post by denzilmatthew » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:14 am

Hi Yasho,

Taking NRAI membership will be of no use because if you want to take part in competition then you have to be the member of your state and state membership is automaticaly affiliated to NRAI if you don't have any state club then you have to take the membership of NRAI. NRAI only helps you in getting cheaper arms and ammunation if they have but we can take that from state also at cheaper rate. I hope I am right mundaire.

No you don't have to be a state or national shooter

Regards,
Denzil

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:49 am

Just a minute guys.

I am reasonably certain that an NRAI member could use the facilities of an affiliated range. With prior permission of the range, ofcourse.

You can also take part in comps as a NRAI member. After all they are the one's organising the events.

Waste of money though as they do almost nothing for gun ownership in India.

As for Deepak Mishra, I don't know if he has got his NRAI membership but he did join the Orissa Rifle Association and went to the current National Games on the strength of his score shot in the presence of a NRAI committe member. Last evening I received a call telling me that he is on his way back to Bangalore as he wasn't permitted to shoot. I wonder what the reason for that is but I am pretty sure it wont be a pleasant one.

Mack The Knife

piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by piyushpdsingh » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:56 am

Life Membership Fees : Rs.15,000 + Rs. 75(towards membership card)
Annual Membership Fee :
Admission Fee : Rs. 7,500 + Rs. 75(towards membership card)
Membership Fee : Rs.500 - per year for 5 years in advance
(Total amount Rs. 10,575)

(After demise of a member his kin will get membership by paying half the membership fee).

Yasho,
By becoming a member the only benefit you will get is cheap ammunition(slightly cheaper from state association cause they also take some profit and expences).
In the past members got Imported ammunitions/arms.Now imported ammunitions are only reserved for qualified shooters(even they always complain they are not getting adequate quantity).Also now it only imports air pistols/rifles(as far as i know)and it is not even communicated to members,you have to check with them and you can only purchase it through your state associations/clubs,they do not sell it directly to members.
Yasho";p="12176 wrote:Friends,
How does one enroll/become a member of NRAI? Does one have to be a national/state level qualified shooter!
Please provide necessary info.
Thanx.
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:40 am

"he is on his way back to Bangalore as he wasn't permitted to shoot"

That is truly unfortunate,not allowing a sportsman to compete.Hope Deepak copes with it.He is very enthusiastic about this sport I believe.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:05 pm

Mack The Knife,

What's the story on Deepak?

Take care,
penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:03 pm

Vikram";p="12560 wrote:He is very enthusiastic about this sport I believe.
Religiously so. I will wait to hear from him and then start another thread.

Mack The Knife

cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:24 am

mundaire";p="12285 wrote: One simply needs to fill out the form and have 2 existing NRAI members sign their recommendation on the form. And of course the membership fee... I think it is about 15k for life membership these days - Deepak Mishra here recently signed up with them, maybe he can post his experiences here as well....

Now my question - what benefits do you expect to gain from this membership? NRAI does not own or run any shooting range, so membership will not give you access to any shooting facilities!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
If I remember correctly then you have to get it (the form) attested by a gazetted officer of not less than the rank of undersecretary in the Cntrl. Govt. or corresponding post in the state. Abhijit. I don't know what happened to the photos that I uploaded in "My Album"
The day guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:41 am

cooldude";p="12606 wrote:Abhijit. I don't know what happened to the photos that I uploaded in "My Album"
Cooldude, check your PM inbox...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: membership NRA of India?

Post by Risala » Tue May 15, 2007 6:42 pm

www.nrai.in

The National Rifle Association of India

NOTE: NRAI HAVE SHIFTED TO NEW PREMISES. THEIR NEW ADDRESS AND CONTACT NUMBERS CAN BE FOUND ON PAGE 2 OF THIS THREAD.

Room No. 1116, Gate No. 26, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium,
New Delhi - 110003.
INDIA.
Phone : +91-11-24366704, 24365047
Fax : +91-11-24368028
E-mail : [email protected]

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: membership NRA of India?

Post by andy_65_in » Wed May 16, 2007 4:22 pm

sanjay thanks a lot

ren_jith
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

NRAI Membership

Post by ren_jith » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:15 pm

Hi,

I visited NRAI (www.nrai.in) website, looks the membership is open but I could not lacate the information about the benfits of being a member.

Can someone please help me regarding the benefits of being a NRAI member ?

Will the member get some preferance in all the affiliate state rifle clubs or something like that ?

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: NRAI Membership

Post by hamiclar01 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:53 pm

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... light=nrai
..to name a few discussion pages

renjith,

the NRAI and it's goings have been discussed extensively, and often, in the past. please go through prior posts using the search facility before posting questions,to avoid duplication .

take care

anand
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

ren_jith
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: NRAI Membership

Post by ren_jith » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:44 pm

Hi Anand,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Sorry about making a duplicate thread, will ensure not doing again.