National Rifle Association of India - NRAI

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: National Rifle Association of India - NRAI

Post by Anand » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:51 pm

Current members, How long does it generally take to acquire NRAI membership once all the paperwork/DDs have been sent in? The website is not very helpful in that regard. How often are meetings held in a year (and when) to induct new members?
Basically I am looking for a time frame like 1 month 6 months or more than a year.

Also any negative/positive inputs regarding the application process and any advice?

Thanks,
Anand

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:27 pm

It can take upto 4 months. Applications are only 'passed' after their governing body meets and decides which can take time.

It is a smooth process otherwise...

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:37 pm

Hello,
I finally managed to send in my application for the membership today. I had called the NRAI office a couple of days ago and was told that the address had changed to a new one, 51-B,Institutional Area, Tughlakabad.
Also the total amount now payable along with service charges is now Rs.23,243 only, by DD for "Life" membership,and the duration for granting membership was about 3 months. They also now want 3 photographs as against, only 2, mentioned in the form.

I would not have been able to apply without advice and help from Abhijeet, so Abhijeet, again, thanks a lot.
Anand
PS: I should mention here that the only stipulation that Abhijeet put in order to help me is that, I should also help any one seeking assistance/help/advice regarding anything firearms related... in his own words "sort of keep the good karma flowing".

A.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:42 pm

My pleasure entirely :) ... and due apologies for taking so long about getting the form out :oops:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:13 pm

Hope you get your membership soon !
The service tax is the new addition...

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:19 pm

service tax ?? :shock:

-- 22 Apr 2009, 22:24 --

This is a very noble advise from Abhijeet....."sort of keep the good karma flowing"

Keep the good work going!!!

Nishant

rcdoma
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rcdoma » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:34 am

:agree:

Feels like NRAI's membership cost seems to have doubled in the past few years, interested people better join fast :-).

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:17 am

nm wrote:service tax ?? :shock:
Nishant
Nishant,
It would be 21,000/- + Service Tax
Service Tax used to be about 12.36% (IIRC) but is now reduced some bit...
:cheers:

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:35 am

At 23 K is it really worth it,there are no substantial benefits going with the membership...when I was initially planning to apply some years ago,the membership then was 5 K....was told by some folks at NRAI itself that it would be a waste of moolah
7 K for DSRA life membership yes,if there is interest in taking part in comps and the fact that you can draw their ammo for prac,import an AR...again not worth it if one is not going to compete or import....

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:41 am

Abhijeet,
Considering that I had been meaning to apply for at least 2 years, the "delay" :D you caused was nothing. You see I happen to be one of the world's greatest procastrinators. :D . I keep on "resisting change until change becomes irresistable" :oops: .

I also have to thank Nishant, for his help. I should have mentioned it earlier, my apologies Nishant :oops: .
Regards,
Anand

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:20 pm

Anand wrote: I keep on "resisting change until change becomes irresistable" :oops: .
Anand
Nice use of words there... Anand ! :)

Hope you make some use of the NRAI membership...

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Fri May 22, 2009 12:53 am

An update: On the 14 of May, 2009 I received a receipt and a letter from NRAI dated 29 April 2009, stating that my application will be put up in front of the committe/board at their next meeting and if approved they would send me my membership card.
Anand

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:49 am

Another update:
I received in the mail today (by speed post) my NRAI Life Membership Card dated 05/07/09, along with a cover letter dated July 20,2009. As can be seen from the previous posts the processing took approximately 3 months including forward and return mail.

I am very happy to say that it was a straight forward process without any hiccups. The one gripe I have is that the photograph on my card is cropped top and bottom so the picture shows from the top of my forehead to the bottom of my mouth. I would have imagined since this was printed on the card, that there was some software to reduce the size to show my face entirely. Lets see, I will try to have this rectified at a later date.

All in all, without co-operation from Abhijeet and Nishant, I would think this process would have been more tiresome for me if not impossible. I wish to thank them both again and would like to let all the members of IFG know how considerate they have been.
For those who may require more information regarding this process send me a PM.
With best regards,
Anand

K S Hanspal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by K S Hanspal » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:42 pm

way back in around 1988, there was a rifle club on the ridge road , adjoining karol bagh, could i have the contact info, if that club is still around somewhere

Regards
hanspal K S

-- Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:42 am --

way back in around 1988, there was a rifle club on the ridge road , adjoining karol bagh, could i have the contact info, if that club is still around somewhere

Regards
hanspal K S

jk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jk » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:43 pm

Please IFG Guru & Members help me in proposing my form for NRAI. I also need someone to second it.