How to start a Shooting Club?

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:26 am

mundaire";p="55942 wrote:IIRC it does not say anywhere that the club must be affiliated with NRAI, it merely says that it should be "recognised". What constitutes "recognised" and how does one get "recognised" is left to ones imagination...

In such a situation I guess even a certificate from the municipal authorities "recognising" your airgun shooting range as such etc. should/ could do the trick...

Now thats interesting .. :wink:
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
anurag
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

how to start a private shooting club

Post by anurag » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:22 pm

I want to start a shooting club in India, similar to private clubs of other sports. Plz give me all details regarding accreditions, infrastructure required, necessary equipments, licence for club & arms.
Also, inform me whether any private club functioning in the country or not, give details of those if any.

Anurag Singh Thakur

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Re: how to start a private shooting club

Post by TenX » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:34 pm

I dont have much info on this, but would want to wish you the very best on getting this rolling :)
All The Best :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: How to start a Shooting Club?

Post by mundaire » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:06 pm

Threads merged...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

muthukumar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by muthukumar » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:25 pm

Iam a life member of Madurai rifle club, Presently working as a Cheif rifle Instructor in a very reputated and elaborate Institution Abacus International Montessori School CBSE which is situated at Tirupur not far from Coimbatore. I would be happy enough if there is anybody who wants to help others...............as there is a saying that a good done for the unknown friend alway remain .Iam hopefully waiting for the bright well wisher who can change me setting up a rifle club.
I wish all the best to all the friends who go over through my opinion line.

lakshpalani
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by lakshpalani » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:51 pm

hi, i'm in madurai. Iwant to join the Madurai Rifle Club. Can you please tell me the formalities over there

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:33 pm

I still could not find a direct and clear answer to direct and clear question "How to start a Shooting Club?" :evil:

So let me ask the same question (on behalf of a friend) with a bit of modification -
How to start an *air-rifle and air-pistol ONLY* Shooting Club ? :)
Hopefully, "License Raj" will not play any role in this formation.

1. Will it need any sort of affiliation to state association ? NRAI ? - Even if it's going to train only youngsters (<=18 yr)in basic handling and shooting ?
2. Permissions from Police or Municipal Corporation or any Agencies required ? If so, who ?
3. Any minimum age limit on shooter (kid) ?

I saw a mail thread on one South Karnataka Club where a DCP was involved, but I presume that would be a firearms (also) club, right ?

BTW, I am just also trying to take this thread forward. Mods may re-post it in any section they deem fit. Thanks in advance.
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:53 am

the gist of the all the above post is this:
1/ for air gun club, no registration needed. just few like minded people shooting airguns in a safe place.

2/ no permission is needed.

3/ no affiliation is needed, unless you want one.

4/ we in the forum are people with limited knowledge no ex-perts here.

5/ when in doubt get every ones permission.
6/ when in doubt get registration/affiliation with everyone.

7/ get like minded people, with one its not a club, two is boring, seven is ideal.

sit back and enjoy.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks Nagarifle - experience can over ride expertise in quite a few places. :) Hence the query was posted.

Will convey the information to the party concenred. Probably 10-12 kids (may be more if multi-groups merge - will be required to rotate all over the week, if headcount grows) <=18 yr. I appreciate response #5 and #6 - what I call "Hanuman Principle" - bring everything and let them take what they want. :lol: :lol:
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

gurinder sarai
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Shooting Clubs -- How to Start ?

Post by gurinder sarai » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:24 pm

mehulkamdar wrote:MAthew,

Welcome here. As Pran suggests, please post an introduction about yourself with your location details in the Introductions section so that members who are in your neck of the woods could work with you on this.

As far as starting a club is concerned, if you are planning on starting an air rifle club, a closed 10 metre room with something to catch pellets in the back against a wall would be enough. If you want a club where yu can shoot firearms then there would be several legal steps to follow. One of our members Danish Ahmad is in the process of starting a rifle club and you could learn from his experiences.

That said, there are several existing rifle clubs across the country and you may find it much easier to join one than t start a new one.

Best wishes and good shooting!
please can i get any contact details about 'Danish Ahmad' as i am interested in starting a shooting club in my respective city.
thanks in advance.
guinder sarai.