Shooting range in Delhi for occasional powder firing practic

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
seasoned
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Shooting range in Delhi for occasional powder firing practic

Post by seasoned » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:15 pm

I possess a revolver. I would like to know if there is any shooting range in Delhi where I can go for occasional practice with it. Frequent practice may be done with air pistols for which there are several ranges in Delhi now. But one needs to test practise with one's own powder firing weapon occasionally to remain familiar with its performance and peculiarities. After going through the responses to a similar query posted by shelly about a year ago, I find no such place in Delhi. Has something come up now? If not, how is a licensee who keeps the weapon for self protection supposed to practise? Any guidance from similarly placed members from Delhi based on their personal experience?

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Shooting range in Delhi for occasional powder firing pra

Post by mundaire » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:51 am

The only place "open" for civilians is the Dr. Karni Singh range @ Tughlaqabad. It is owned by SAI (Sports Authority of India) and you will need to go through the usual membership hoops to access the range... unless you happen to be a VIP, then they are happy to allow you to avail of the range at a minimal daily/ hourly rate. Used to be that this was available to all in a similar fashion, but the powers that be have decided in their infinite wisdom that the hoi polloi MUST perforce go through the hassle of getting membership prior to access and the daily/ hourly use fees scheme be only made available to "persons of some standing" :P

If you are a member of DSRA/ NRAI there is definitely a very real benefit for you taking the time and trouble about getting membership of this range - as both organisations make available certain types of imported match ammunition to their members, for use at the range. Of course, this is only useful if you own a firearm which can use the types of ammunition that they offer.

If you have any friend's/ relatives in the police/ CRPF/ Army/ etc. there are many ranges in/ around Delhi owned by these/ other agencies. But these are not (by their very nature) available for public use.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein