Getting K.S.R.A Membership

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
shashankasgs
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Getting K.S.R.A Membership

Post by shashankasgs » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:39 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am living in Shimoga, Karnataka, which is 300km away from Bangalore, when I enquired in KSRA regarding membership enrollment, they told I have to complete civil training certification after that only I will get there membership, that too its there choice to give it or not, training will be every weekends only, to complete this training I have to travel each week which is little bit difficult as I am working in a Bank it is very difficult to get leaves every Saturday, does any one knows is there any other alternative way to get membership enrollment in KSRA? please help me by giving your valuable suggestion and guidelines.

Thanks all....

For Advertising mail webmaster
Scarecrow3
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Getting K.S.R.A Membership

Post by Scarecrow3 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:08 pm

I am a student,at Manipal. It'll be mightily inconvenient for me too to travel to bangalore(which is 600km away) every weekend. Could anybody advise me on this matter?

nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nbk3y7k » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:02 pm

Hi, CRTC is a mandatory training which everyone has to go. The objective of this training is to train the aspiring shooter/ members on basics of gun handling and familiarise them with DO'S AND DONT'S during handling a gun. A detailed training is provided on rifle shooting.It is a mandatory formality to be completed before anyone opts for KSRA membership
It has been planned on weekends to suite the time schedule of the working class people.

CRTC certificate is also recognised by COP Bangalore as an alternate to training certificate provided by CAR Training( training provided by local police division). This is mandatory for application seeking arms license by individuals.

Regards,
Rajiv (KSRA life member )
Regards,
RR

vijyes
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vijyes » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:43 pm

I wanted to get a .32 nirbheek for self defense. But I came to know that self defense is not considered a very valid reason for revolver license unless I have already been shot at or can prove the threat to my life :cry: . Also, I have heard about the difficulty in getting ammunition (due to 25/50 bullet per year quota) for the .32 nirbheek :( . I don't think our govt will ever make things easier for law abiding people while unlawful people will anyways get an illegal locally made gun at a much lower cost :deadhorse: .

Hence I have decided to get a IOF .22 revolver for the purpose of "target shooting" :mrgreen: . To make my cause more presentable, I want to undergo the compulsory CRTC and join KSRA and then apply for a revolver license under sports category. This serves 2 purposes- one is easily getting a revolver and second is getting a liberal ammunition quota under sports category.

Can anyone tell me how much time I will need for the following :
1)Get CRTC certificate
2)Get KSRA membership

Please note that I am starting from scratch- I have only cheap CO2 propelled bb airpistol practice right now. And I live in Bangalore city.

Thanks....

arun139
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by arun139 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:09 am

If fresh batch start hardly a weeks training n you get your certificate.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

walk3r
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by walk3r » Mon May 15, 2017 6:11 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Sharath and I'm a new rifle enthusiast looking to enrol into KSRA.
I have completed and received certificate for CRTC.
Can some KSRA members here help me out with getting membership.

Thanks,
Sharath

AakashFor2020
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by AakashFor2020 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:24 am

I too am looking forward to start with competitive shooting. I am also looking for KSRA membership and moreover, I'd like to know what all facilities are available for a member there? How different is it from joining a private club like GunForGlory?

Jabberwock
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Jabberwock » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:17 pm

Leaving a tactical dot here.