Chennai SDAT rifle Club Veerapuram

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
yoge_007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Chennai SDAT rifle Club Veerapuram

Post by yoge_007 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:32 am

Hello everyone.. I was searching all over this forum for a Rifle range in Chennai except the Madras Rifle club and i couldn't find one. Now that i have found one, let me pen down its details so that few like me would be benefited.

Bit of a background.. I was hunting for a good rifle club for the last few years and the only one everyone referred was the madras rifle club. When i approached them for 2 years they sid the membership is closed for now... when after enquiring i came to know membership was available for those who can afford few bundles of papers... But then in Jan 2014 i was surprised that Google responded to my request and said that there is a range in veerapuram [9kms from Avadi] and more welcoming was the phone number of the incharge person.

I called the number immediately and a warm friendly person named senthil responded.. He was patient enough to answer all my queries and asked me to join the weekend camp in Feb 2014.. I was more than happy.. when i went for the came, i was briefed about safety and the weapon itself and then had a crash course on how to handle the weapon and then i was handed over the weapon.. Wow what a feeling it was..

After the camp i enquired about the memebership, i was gladly accepted as a member by a very nominal fee... ever since then i haven't missed a single weekend....

The Shooting Range is located at Tamilnadu Special Police III Battalion, Veerapuram which is about 6 km from Avadi. The Range has facility for 10 M air-conditioned indoor range, 25 m and 50 m outdoor ranges for air rifle shooting with electronic scoring.

Although the air-conditioned indoor range is under renovation, there is a 50 Lane 10m Facility... Range is closed on monday's alone and we are coached by a National shooter Mr.Senthil a very humble, dedicated and a straight forward person.

Let the pic do the talking.
Veerapuram_Shooting_Camp-2.png
Veerapuram_Shooting_Camp-23.png
Veerapuram_Shooting_Camp-29.png
Veerapuram_Shooting_Camp-22.png
here is the link http://www.shootingrangesdat.com/

Hope it was useful..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
yoge_007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Chennai SDAT rifle Club Veerapuram

Post by yoge_007 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:44 am

We had a shooting camp yesterday and close to 150 members participated in the event. Photos to follow soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:43 am

yoge
its a pleasant message to hear a shooting range other than chennai rifle club which is officially closed all round the year and back door open for wealthy payers. hope soon to join there with you on SDAT.

yoge_007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by yoge_007 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:38 pm

striker wrote:yoge
its a pleasant message to hear a shooting range other than chennai rifle club which is officially closed all round the year and back door open for wealthy payers. hope soon to join there with you on SDAT.
Striker you are welcome mate. You would love the warmth shown here.

Looking forward to meet u.

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:01 pm

Really nice to know about this. thanks for posting. will certainly make a visit next time i vis chennai. may be take another membership since it is my hometown :D
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

Adhi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Adhi » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:04 pm

yoge_007 wrote:Hello everyone.. I was searching all over this forum for a Rifle range in Chennai except the Madras Rifle club and i couldn't find one. Now that i have found one, let me pen down its details so that few like me would be benefited.

Bit of a background.. I was hunting for a good rifle club for the last few years and the only one everyone referred was the madras rifle club. When i approached them for 2 years they sid the membership is closed for now... when after enquiring i came to know membership was available for those who can afford few bundles of papers... But then in Jan 2014 i was surprised that Google responded to my request and said that there is a range in veerapuram [9kms from Avadi] and more welcoming was the phone number of the incharge person.

I called the number immediately and a warm friendly person named senthil responded.. He was patient enough to answer all my queries and asked me to join the weekend camp in Feb 2014.. I was more than happy.. when i went for the came, i was briefed about safety and the weapon itself and then had a crash course on how to handle the weapon and then i was handed over the weapon.. Wow what a feeling it was..

After the camp i enquired about the memebership, i was gladly accepted as a member by a very nominal fee... ever since then i haven't missed a single weekend....

The Shooting Range is located at Tamilnadu Special Police III Battalion, Veerapuram which is about 6 km from Avadi. The Range has facility for 10 M air-conditioned indoor range, 25 m and 50 m outdoor ranges for air rifle shooting with electronic scoring.

Although the air-conditioned indoor range is under renovation, there is a 50 Lane 10m Facility... Range is closed on monday's alone and we are coached by a National shooter Mr.Senthil a very humble, dedicated and a straight forward person.

Let the pic do the talking.
Veerapuram_Shooting_Camp-2.png
Veerapuram_Shooting_Camp-23.png
Veerapuram_Shooting_Camp-29.png
Veerapuram_Shooting_Camp-22.png
here is the link http://www.shootingrangesdat.com/

Hope it was useful..
Dear Friend,
Thats really nice to hear that one more club is functioning properly...:) NICE EFFORTS by the founder...

Friend i have a doubt "whether the club is affiliated with NRAI or any other district club?"

Your answer would be helpful ..

Regards

Adhi

yoge_007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by yoge_007 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Adhi, it is an separate body under teh Sports Development Authority of Tamilnadu

yoge_007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by yoge_007 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:02 pm

That's our team currently. Person in the middle with the weapon is our coach MR.Senthil. Top left with number 12 is me. Below me in yellow tee is striker. So glad you could make it @striker.

yoge_007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by yoge_007 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:50 pm

Glad to let you guys know that SDAT shooting academy won 17 medals in the 40th tamilnadu shooting championship which also is the debut tournament which we are participating.
Kudos to our coach Senthil who trained us well and also scored a gold and bronze in 10mt and 50mt pistol

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:21 am

Congratulations! :clap:

Impressive facility!
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi Yoge_007,
> It sure looks a great place to shoot & train :D
> The facilities & coaching appear to be top grade....
> BTW - The coach Senthil seems to be holding a Precihole Pegasus...am I right?
> Great going guys...
> Happy Shooting!!!!!
Briha

pradeep2374
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pradeep2374 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:24 pm

yoge_007 wrote:Adhi, it is an separate body under teh Sports Development Authority of Tamilnadu
Yoge, thank you for the valuable information, may I know the membership fees for the club? And , Is the membership accepted by air rifle importers like relish sports for ordering imported air rifles through them, kindly let me know. Thank you. Best, Pradeep

varunllb
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by varunllb » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:17 pm

may I know the membership fees for the club?
please tell me whether the membership is accepted by air rifle importers like relish sports for ordering imported air rifles through them
and by the customs please let me know

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:07 pm

Varun....SDAT membership is only for training purpose for that facility....This membership is not affilitated to NRAI and can't use for import of Air Guns.
Thanks

GANESH TT

varunllb
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by varunllb » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:22 am

Ganesh TT wrote:Varun....SDAT membership is only for training purpose for that facility....This membership is not affilitated to NRAI and can't use for import of Air Guns.

thanks for your valuable time