Transfer of State Club Membership?

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
shadow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Transfer of State Club Membership?

Post by shadow » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:48 pm

Dear brothers-in-arms,

Am a resident of Mumbai, USI (United States of India - pun intended) & have a lifetime membership of MRA.

However am getting relocated to Ahmedabad for work and my tenure may stretch there from maybe a year to probably settling down there for good.

Now while I do know that MRA is a state rifle association and would have no affiliation to Gujarat / Ahmedabad Rifle Association (or may I wrong here?). Will that mean I will have to take a fresh membership of the rifle association in Khanpur?

Will it be legal for me to hold a dual club membership? :stupid: Logically, I do not see anything illegal, but having gone through our frivolous laws and having personal experiences in past (which I have shared earlier), I just want to be double sure.

Will I have to get references from existing club members in Ahmedabad? If so, I do not know anyone out there and I may have an issue in producing residence proof which will be that of Mumbai and probably a rent agreement once I take an apartment there. :roll:

Also mods and veterans, I hope am posting this in the right thread, if not my apologies for the misfire. Request you to kindly merge it to the right thread! :oops:

Am relocating to Ahmedabad on 1st May along with my belongings and my better halves (no I by no means meant my wife :lol: ) - my LP10 and my car 8) .

Cheers!
"Tourists are terrorists with cameras. Terrorists are tourists with guns.”

For Advertising mail webmaster
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Transfer of State Club Membership?

Post by airgun_novice » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:28 pm

Dear shadow,

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men ?" :-)

Would suggest the first step is to contact MRA itself and get some issues sorted out. MRA has a very strict policy when its members transfer their "loyalty" to other units/ states and may ban you for X years upon return. No - I do not mean to scare you but this is exactly what will happen if you end up playing for or representing other UNITS like Railways/ Amry/ Navy etc. etc. (and states like GJ/ GA/ etc.) without their written permission and consent. Good luck and play safe. regs, A.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:40 pm

If you happen to be as lucky as shadow to travel from one state to another, you would be better off by joining the National Rifle Association of India. For a little over 23000 rs they give you life membership valid across their state affiliated clubs...
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:03 am

Farook, I'm sorry to be the one to break this piece of bad news, BUT NRAI membership DOES NOT entitle you to any such facilities with any state/ district association/ club!

To the best of my knowledge, one needs to be annual/ life member of the individual state unit to be able to use any of their facilities.

In fact I've been a NRAI member for almost 30 years now and am yet to figure out what advantage said membership offers me - apart from occasionally offering for sale IOF products, at a slightly reduced price, every once in a while...

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

shadow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadow » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:33 am

airgun_novice wrote:Dear shadow,

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men ?" :-)

Would suggest the first step is to contact MRA itself and get some issues sorted out. MRA has a very strict policy when its members transfer their "loyalty" to other units/ states and may ban you for X years upon return. No - I do not mean to scare you but this is exactly what will happen if you end up playing for or representing other UNITS like Railways/ Amry/ Navy etc. etc. (and states like GJ/ GA/ etc.) without their written permission and consent. Good luck and play safe. regs, A.

Thanks AN!

mundaire wrote:Farook, I'm sorry to be the one to break this piece of bad news, BUT NRAI membership DOES NOT entitle you to any such facilities with any state/ district association/ club!

To the best of my knowledge, one needs to be annual/ life member of the individual state unit to be able to use any of their facilities.

In fact I've been a NRAI member for almost 30 years now and am yet to figure out what advantage said membership offers me - apart from occasionally offering for sale IOF products, at a slightly reduced price, every once in a while...

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk
Dear Abhijeet,

So should I be taking a fresh membership with GRA?

My only purpose to practise since I will be having sometime in hand in the evenings in the new work environment which otherwise was a luxury in Mumbai.

Cheers!
"Tourists are terrorists with cameras. Terrorists are tourists with guns.”