Any Rifle Club in West Bengal where Trap/Skeet can be learned?

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
ParekSachin91
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Any Rifle Club in West Bengal where Trap/Skeet can be learned?

Post by ParekSachin91 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:10 am

In West Bengal, are there any Rifle Clubs where I can learn Trap/Skeet?

Thanks,
Sachin

For Advertising mail webmaster
ParekSachin91
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Any Rifle Club in West Bengal where Trap/Skeet can be learned?

Post by ParekSachin91 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:13 am

Please anyone know? I am really serious about getting into Trap shooting but not sure about the budget that I would need to fulfil my dream. Please guide me, my brothers. What is the basic ammo quota for Shotgun in Sports category? Also should I practice Rifle shooting first or start practising directly in Shotgun/Trap? Please reply as my previous posts was ignored.

Thank,
Sachin

ParekSachin91
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ParekSachin91 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:34 am

Why does everyone here ignore me? Did I do something wrong?

Sourojit
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sourojit » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:32 pm

Depends on where you live.
As far as I know there are no firearms club in Kolkata,all are Airgun shooting clubs.

The only ones that allow or have infrastructure for Trap shooting are:
1. Howrah Rifle club
2. Midnapore Rifle Club - https://midnaporerifleclub.org/

Skeet is not played or practiced in West Bengal and the above mentioned clubs do not have very good Trap shooting infrastructure either.Get out of this state if you want to practice firearms.
"Give me blood,I will give you freedom."
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:55 pm

Dear Sachin,
My ignorence is responsible to ignore you.
Please don't mind. :mrgreen:

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Sourojit
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sourojit » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Hehe :D

I hope this has helped you a bit in understanding the scenario in our country.5years ago,even I was very interested in Skeet and Trap.But was hell disappointed.
"Give me blood,I will give you freedom."
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose

sniper2014
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sniper2014 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:16 pm

ParekSachin91 wrote:In West Bengal, are there any Rifle Clubs where I can learn Trap/Skeet?

Thanks,
Sachin
Try Midnapur Rifle Club as advised already. You may contact Mr B G Mallik, who heads the Club & is a keen enthusiast of sports shooting. You will find the location in Google. It is close to Midnapur Rail station, so not very far from Kolkata/ Howrah [Around 3 hour (x2) journey in weekends]. Best wishes.

Saahir
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Saahir » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:36 pm

ParekSachin91 wrote:Please anyone know? I am really serious about getting into Trap shooting but not sure about the budget that I would need to fulfil my dream. Please guide me, my brothers. What is the basic ammo quota for Shotgun in Sports category? Also should I practice Rifle shooting first or start practising directly in Shotgun/Trap? Please reply as my previous posts was ignored.

Thank,
Sachin

1)WEST BENGAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION.18-A, A.P.C. Road. Kolkata-700 009.
2)North Calcutta Rifle Club. Telephone 033-25565968. 64b, Khudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata - 700037. It is very near to Belgachia Metro Station.
3)South Kolkata Rifle Shooting Club, it is Near Police Training School Opposite of (Calcutta Race Course), They use Police Training School range and this range is open for Club Members only on Sunday.
4)Tollygunge Rifle Club,Tollygunge Kolkata
For confirming more details one can refer Kolkata Telephones Directory.
SHOOT LIKE A KING

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:37 pm

ParekSachin91 wrote:Please anyone know? I am really serious about getting into Trap shooting but not sure about the budget that I would need to fulfil my dream. Please guide me, my brothers. What is the basic ammo quota for Shotgun in Sports category? Also should I practice Rifle shooting first or start practising directly in Shotgun/Trap? Please reply as my previous posts was ignored.

Thank,
Sachin
Precision shooting (rifle/ pistol) is VERY different from shotgunning. However, it can be used as a starting point insofar as instilling proper (responsible) firearm handling & range discipline if someone is a complete newcomer to firearms/ shooting.

If you wish to learn trap shooting (with the aim to qualify as a renowned shot in the Nationals), IMHO you need a bare minimum budget of ₹10,00,000/- out of which half would be fixed asset acquisition (the gun) and the balance half would be consumables (ammo/ clays/ coaching). The break up would be as follows:-
ITEM QTY RATE TOTAL (rate*qty) COMMENTS
Imported Ammo 10,000 Approx Price per round ₹40 ₹4,00,000/- To be shot over the period of 1 or 2 years. Ammo price assumes purchase from your shooting association/ club
Imported Trap Gun 1 Minimum cost in Indian market ₹5,00,000/- ₹5,00,000/- Price depends on make/ model/ condition, this figure can easily be double or more of this. If you are really lucky you may be able to get it for slightly less than this amount, just be careful that it is a dedicated Trap gun and not a sporter/ skeet gun. Sporters and skeet guns sell for a little less than Trap guns. While you can shoot Skeet with a skeet gun or a sporter you CANNOT shoot Trap without a gun built specifically for the purpose of shooting Trap
Coaching 20 days Per day cost ₹2,000 ₹40,000 Some coaches charge a lot more, this is a lower end estimate. Minimum No. of days of coaching required - 20 (assuming 5 days at the outset, then 5 more days after one/ two months, then 2 more sets of 5 days each at periodic intervals. Please NOTE: Some people will require a lot more coaching, 20 days is a lower end estimate of coaching required. Some folks may say that they can make it without any coaching at all, this route is also possible. However, without any coaching it will take longer (read more range time/ ammo) to reach the same level of proficiency.
Clays targets 12,000 ₹6/- per clay bird ₹72,000 Qty assumes a 20% loading for broken/ no birds
Grand Total: ₹10,12,000

There would also be range membership/ fees to deal with for e.g. in Delhi one would spend about ₹18,000 at Dr. KSSR for six months of membership fees.

The same budget would apply if you wish to take up Skeet, though the cost of a skeet gun would be slightly less than that for a trap gun. As mentioned earlier you can even shoot skeet with a sporter gun, which should be even cheaper than a dedicated skeet gun (just make sure it has a single trigger and adjustable screw in chokes).

Some people I know have been able to qualify with a rental gun at the range, but there are serious challenges in taking that route - inability to get someone to fit the gun stock to you, major difficulty in participating in outstation competitions, etc.

Some people have been able to qualify with shooting half the above mentioned amount, some have taken more - but the above estimate should be considered as a safe bet for most people.

All of the above is assuming that the person is willing to spend 2 hours a day, 3 to 5 days a week for a minimum six months at the range.

There will be a lot of heartbreaks in your journey, but don't get disheartened, just keep at it and follow your dream! :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein