Shooting club membership for non-residents

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Shooting club membership for non-residents

Post by rahulbdelhi » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:00 am

Hi,
Is it possible to get a membership for NRAI or DSRA while staying outside of the country? The idea is to be able to import my airgun when coming back to India.

Thanks.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Shooting club membership for non-residents

Post by Ajaaybeer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:06 pm

I suggest you to go through the rules and regulations of the nrai on their website. Standard procesure of enrollment is that your name is proposed by existing member of nrai and secondly backed by any other existing member. 4 photographs and 2 id proofs of Indian residence along with a draft of prescribed fee should do the job. You must be physically present in India because of the reason that your application is attested by a gazetted officer of govt. of India, who would not do so otherwise in your absence. If you have a Indian passport or driving licence or aadhaar that should be sufficient but getting your membership sitting outside the country is not possible through the right channel . This is my personal opinion, maybe someone else has a way out or do post here for others if you go through rules and find something for foreigners.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Shooting club membership for non-residents

Post by rahulbdelhi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:21 am

Thanks for the info Ajaaybeer. For some reason I remember reading about NRI memberships in NRAI or DSRA documents, but can't find it anymore.
Or must be my wishful mind playing tricks.