Shooting club or range in Thane area

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Blazemaster
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Shooting club or range in Thane area

Post by Blazemaster » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi guys,

I live in Thane city and was wondering if anyone here knew about any good shooting clubs in the area.
I found a couple of good ones in Mumbai near Dadar and Worli but due to work timings and distance to the range I would have a tough time going as regularly as I would like.
So if there is any one from the area who know of any good facilities closer by I would be most appreciative if you could share details for the same as well as any information regarding fees and charges.

Thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
drshamsherrana
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Shooting club or range in Thane area

Post by drshamsherrana » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:29 pm

Blazemaster wrote:Hi guys,

I live in Thane city and was wondering if anyone here knew about any good shooting clubs in the area.
I found a couple of good ones in Mumbai near Dadar and Worli but due to work timings and distance to the range I would have a tough time going as regularly as I would like.
So if there is any one from the area who know of any good facilities closer by I would be most appreciative if you could share details for the same as well as any information regarding fees and charges.

Thanks
There is a range in thane i have attended
It is the dronacharya sports academy
But it is not affiliated to mra and the range is not dat great in facilities
Anyway u can check it out
The current coach there is akshay salunkhe
+91 98 92 685228
U can contact him from here
Till den keep plinking
Regards
Drshamsher

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Blazemaster
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Blazemaster » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:24 pm

Hi Dr Shamsher,

Thank you so much for the information. I am not really looking into competitive marksmanship right now so even if the facilities are not top notch I don't really mind. My main reason for joining is mainly because I don't have enough room where I can safely shoot at home and I don't know any open areas where I can go for casual shooting and I do not want to take any unnecessary chances.

However could you please tell me what limitations I would face if the range I join is not an affiliated range to the MRA? I am unfortunately quite unaware of the advantages an affiliated range would have over unaffiliated ones.

Thanks.

drshamsherrana
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by drshamsherrana » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:46 pm

Blazemaster wrote:Hi Dr Shamsher,

Thank you so much for the information. I am not really looking into competitive marksmanship right now so even if the facilities are not top notch I don't really mind. My main reason for joining is mainly because I don't have enough room where I can safely shoot at home and I don't know any open areas where I can go for casual shooting and I do not want to take any unnecessary chances.

However could you please tell me what limitations I would face if the range I join is not an affiliated range to the MRA? I am unfortunately quite unaware of the advantages an affiliated range would have over unaffiliated ones.

Thanks.
Dear blazemaster
PS the dronacharya range is not affiliated to mra
If the range is not affiliated with MRA u won't be able to participate in competitions which are held by the MRA
So if u r looking forward for jus practicing i wld suggest dronacharya is a good sport
But if u have hopes with competition better look for a academy affiliated to MRA
Some academies affiliated to MRA are
Savarkar @ dadar
Olympia @ mahalaxmi
Or MRA itself
Happy plinking
Regards
Drshamsherrana

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk