Newbie who wants to know everything!

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
AakashFor2020
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Newbie who wants to know everything!

Post by AakashFor2020 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:25 am

I hope this post acts also as a guide to others if your precious answers find themselves here.
Off Topic
I am 23 years old Software Dev from Bangalore who has always been very passionate about air rifle shooting and would actually want to invest in this sport with both time and dedication. Not just a hobby.
To keep it short, here's a list of very specific questions:
1. How do I become a member of the KSRA, if I can?
2. Which is the best shooting training centre at Bangalore that'll be a perfect guide to my journey through competitions? (Top 3 please, in that order)
3. Combining both questions 1 and 2, should I be training at KSRA's centre rather than the private ones or just have its membership?
4. What are the different competitions and leagues in Karnataka and also across India? How does an aspirant progress through?

Anything else to top it off would be extremely helpful. Much guidance is needed when there's very scattered information to be seen for this beautiful sport.

Thanks a lot!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Newbie who wants to know everything!

Post by Prabhath » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:15 am

Welcome aboard. Have a look at the KSRA website and you should be able to find the required information.

AakashFor2020
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by AakashFor2020 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Alright. What about the private shooting ranges? Which ones are tried and tested to have the best coaches and facilities?

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:06 pm

There are a few private ranges around. You can only practice for 10m air rifle and air pistol events at such ranges. Not sure about the availability of coaches though.

AakashFor2020
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by AakashFor2020 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:25 pm

There are quite a few. And they have coaches as well. Just wanted to get some first hand experience of people who've had been with one or more of these institute to get us some inside details.