Karnataka State Rifle Association

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Karnataka State Rifle Association

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:50 pm

Karnataka State Rifle Association.

The office address is:

No.782, 15th Cross,
J.P. Nagar, Phase I,
Bangalore - 560 078.

Tel.: 26635631 / 026 / 642.

The ranges are situated at the Sports Authority of India (South) complex next to the Bangalore University grounds.

K.S.R.A. has a 10 metre indoor range, a 50 metre outdoor range, a 25 metre outdoor range and a Trap and Skeet range.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
pats
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Karnataka State Rifle Association

Post by pats » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:40 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="3732 wrote:Karnataka State Rifle Association.

The office address is:

No.782, 15th Cross,
J.P. Nagar, Phase I,
Bangalore - 560 078.

Tel.: 26635631 / 026 / 642.

The ranges are situated at the Sports Authority of India (South) complex next to the Bangalore University grounds.

K.S.R.A. has a 10 metre indoor range, a 50 metre outdoor range, a 25 metre outdoor range and a Trap and Skeet range.

Mack The Knife

thanks a lot

vinay453
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vinay453 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:46 pm

Thanks for this very useful info....

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:10 pm

Got into KSRA after months of waiting.Was told to enroll for a 'civilian arms training' before I could apply for my annual membership.

Pran
Last edited by Pran on Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Lenny
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Lenny » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:14 pm

Whats this "Civilian arms training" ?and what was the wait for, just usual laid back way of working or something else

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:50 pm

Lenny,
Let me correct my previous post.I completed the 'civilian arms training' and am trying to get into KSRA.

Been calling them twice a week for the last four weeks and am being told to call back after a few days.Was told that they're yet to decide if they'll need to take any new members at all.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

ren_jith
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Shooting club membership

Post by ren_jith » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:42 am

Hi,

I am a shooter by hobby. Since I was busy with my profession for last few years, lost touch with it.

Can somebody help me getting the details of shooting clubs in Bangalore and how to get membership. I wrote to National Rifle Association looking for memebership, but no reply.

Please help me on this.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:02 am

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Shooting club membership

Post by Pran » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:58 am

Welcome aboard, Bangalorean :) Do post an intro in the introductions section.

Pran

Abhilash Nagalingaiah
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

eligibility to K S R A

Post by Abhilash Nagalingaiah » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:50 pm

hello everyone
i have few questions

1. what eligibility do u need to join K S R A

2. can you practise with out being a member in KSRA range

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: eligibility to K S R A

Post by Pran » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:20 pm

antismuggler
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: eligibility to K S R A

Post by antismuggler » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:10 pm

When I made enquiries, what I came to know is that I have to get a police verification done once more!!! Really when one holds a valid licence issued from Commissioner of Police, Bangalore wherein the address etc are clearly indicated, asking for a police verification certificate once again is a sureshot way of killing a person's enthusiasm. Especially if we take into consideration the painful process required to get a licence as well as a gun in the first place!! :D

antismuggler
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by antismuggler » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:42 pm

Hi,
I had contacted them and they told me that I have to get a police verification done again. I told them that my licence has just been renewed by the Commissioner of Police, Bangalore indicating my address in bangalore and is valid till 2010, still they are insisting on a police verification. Is this some tactic of discouraging people? Where will we go for shooting practice then? :cry:

antismuggler
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

requirements of NRAI membership

Post by antismuggler » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi folks

NRAI site doesnt reveal any other requirement other than sending the mandatory fees. Do they have any cap on the annual membership and life member ship being issued per year? But seeing how the Karnataka State Rifle Association is insisting on police verification, I wonder whether the site is updated and whether the procedure is that simple? By the by does anyone know whether a membership to NRAI entitles one to access to state rifle association shooting ranges? Just wondering whether one can gain access to KSRA shooting range in a round about way. :)

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:53 pm

antismuggler";p="30211 wrote: I had contacted them and they told me that I have to get a police verification done again. I told them that my licence has just been renewed by the Commissioner of Police, Bangalore indicating my address in bangalore and is valid till 2010, still they are insisting on a police verification. Is this some tactic of discouraging people? Where will we go for shooting practice then? :cry:
That's because they don't know you're an 'antismuggler' :lol:

Jokes apart, I think they're trying to make sure that the wrong people are not trying use the range facilities. The PVC takes close to a month's time and costs about Rs.3000.

Pran