Assam Rifle and Shooting Association

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Assam Rifle and Shooting Association

Post by Priyan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:12 am

Sorry to be a part popper but on Sunday I searched the whole Jorhat town. Asked everyone but nobody ever heard about Eastern Range. Jorhat is my hometown BTW
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

For Advertising mail webmaster
OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:31 am

@Priyan:
IIRC, 'Eastern Range' here denotes the official jurisdiction of Mr Bhaskarjyoti Mahanta. It does not mean 'range' as in shooting range.

I dont think any civilian shooting facilities exist anywhere other than in Guwahati, the ASRA range was the first of its kind in Assam and may still be the only one available, unless there have been any other recent developments, as am a little out of sync with the region currently.

The ASRA range is built on land belonging to the 4th Assam Police Battalion in Kalapahar, but is looked after by ASRA. The cops do come in at times to practice.

It has 30 firing points each for 50-metre and 10-metre events,four bays for 25-metre events and one range each for trap and skeet (equipped with SIUS ASCOR and Laporte machines). Get in touch with Bhabha Kalita, and if you have the time/money/inclination, weekend trips from Jorhat to GHY shouldn't keep you from your passion.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:47 pm

Man thanks for your info. I'd love to join the club but I don't think weekend trip from Jorhat to Guwahati would be possible as it takes about 8 hour to Guwahati by bus from here. Also mom won't let me go to Guwahati after reading about continuous bomb blasts there in the newspaper :(

Now I guess there's only one way to shoot guns for me, in my dreams :mrgreen:

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:52 pm

why not form your own club?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

veejosh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by veejosh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:19 pm

Priyan wrote:Sorry to be a part popper but on Sunday I searched the whole Jorhat town. Asked everyone but nobody ever heard about Eastern Range. Jorhat is my hometown BTW
Hi Priyan,

In case you are from Jorhat ask someone for Cinnamara. In Cinnamara ask for ABITA office. Opposite the ABITA office is the Ross Bunglow which is the official residence of the DIG Eastern Range. After Mr Mohanta it was Mr Bishnoi and now it is Mr Anurag Tanka. PM me your no . May be I will help in one way or other.
:) :)

Vikas

Tai Ahom
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Tai Ahom » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:46 pm

OverUnderPump wrote:@Priyan:
IIRC, 'Eastern Range' here denotes the official jurisdiction of Mr Bhaskarjyoti Mahanta. It does not mean 'range' as in shooting range.

I dont think any civilian shooting facilities exist anywhere other than in Guwahati, the ASRA range was the first of its kind in Assam and may still be the only one available, unless there have been any other recent developments, as am a little out of sync with the region currently.

The ASRA range is built on land belonging to the 4th Assam Police Battalion in Kalapahar, but is looked after by ASRA. The cops do come in at times to practice.

It has 30 firing points each for 50-metre and 10-metre events,four bays for 25-metre events and one range each for trap and skeet (equipped with SIUS ASCOR and Laporte machines). Get in touch with Bhabha Kalita, and if you have the time/money/inclination, weekend trips from Jorhat to GHY shouldn't keep you from your passion.
regards
8)
OUP
They now have a range at Tinsukia affiliated with ASRA

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:12 am

nagarifle wrote:why not form your own club?
There's a to of reason I can't open a club here
I'm still underage.
There are just 11 legal gun owners here in Jorhat AFAIK.
I don't have too much money.
And most people here are just leechers (Trust me, I tried creating few torrents of Assamese movies, even after a week it was 1 seeders 15 leechers lol)

Still I think I'll start a airgun club here.

-- Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:30 am --
veejosh wrote:
Priyan wrote:Sorry to be a part popper but on Sunday I searched the whole Jorhat town. Asked everyone but nobody ever heard about Eastern Range. Jorhat is my hometown BTW
Hi Priyan,

In case you are from Jorhat ask someone for Cinnamara. In Cinnamara ask for ABITA office. Opposite the ABITA office is the Ross Bunglow which is the official residence of the DIG Eastern Range. After Mr Mohanta it was Mr Bishnoi and now it is Mr Anurag Tanka. PM me your no . May be I will help in one way or other.
:) :)

Vikas
I went to cinnamara few times but that was long time ago, maybe when I was 14. Still I'd give it a shot on this Sunday. Unfortunately I lost my phone number after government banned prepaid SIM cards here citing security issues. I'm applying for a new one but still haven't received it. Just as I said already here in India laws are made just to harass low abiding citizens not to prevent crimes.

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Tai Ahom wrote: They now have a range at Tinsukia affiliated with ASRA
Excellent, has anyone checked out the facilities and equipment available there yet ?
Do post a report.

Might be interested in paying a visit on my next trip.

@Priyan a.k.a Deka-Lora(hope you dont mind me calling you that). :) (Translated: Young Man for the non Assamese speaker).
I understand your parents concerns, so if you cant get to a range right now. Pick up a decent springer like the B40(think there's one up for sale on the forum) or an even cheaper IHP and get started in your backyard.

regards
8)
OUP

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:37 pm

OverUnderPump wrote:@Priyan a.k.a Deka-Lora(hope you dont mind me calling you that). :) (Translated: Young Man for the non Assamese speaker).
I understand your parents concerns, so if you cant get to a range right now. Pick up a decent springer like the B40(think there's one up for sale on the forum) or an even cheaper IHP and get started in your backyard.

regards
8)
OUP
OUP you can call me anything you want, even "Khatakhur" lol that's my ©opyrighted name here :) Thinking of purchasing a new IHP .22 cal air rifle (I'd consider others too but can't find any other decent Indian manufacture) is there any dealer in Assam for it or I'll have to mail order one and where to find .22 pallet here?

Edit: http://www.indianhumepipe.com/rifle1.html what is the best .22 cal air rifle for target shooting and occasional pest control? My budget is around 5,500 (That's all money I have but can borrow around 1,000 from friend if needed)

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:11 am

Sorry for the delayed response my dear Khatakhur :) . Based on your posts I suggest you go for an IHP now and then decide down the line if you want to invest more. You can work on an IHP to improve its performance to an extent, and that should hold you good.

Jatra arombho kora deka lora, Simanto aur Digonto pahori juwa. :D. I will leave you to translate that to the other readers.

regards
8)
OUP

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:28 pm

kala :lol:
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Priyan wrote: I'm still underage.
There are just 11 legal gun owners here in Jorhat AFAIK.
I don't have too much money.
Priyan....

11 Only...in the whole of Jorhat? You've got to be kidding. Perhaps you meant you know 11 gun owners...?

Also one doesn't money in large or even modest quantity to start a club...

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:13 pm

@OUP Thanks for juicing me up with those warm wishes. I tried to call distributors listed in the IHP page but none of them would ship to an under 18 guy. I guess I'll have to wait about 8 month to buy one :( BTW I'd love to translate but I suck big time in English, anyways.... here goes "Get started young man, forget who you are... forget your limit.. Just aim for your target" Hope I got that right :D

@cottage cheese I read that in a local newspaper named "Amar Asom" it was written there that police are collecting arms in Jorhat to deposit them during election. There are total 11 arms 5 pistol and 6 rifle (Maybe 5 rifle and 6 pistol, don't remember exactly) in Jorhat and they are collecting them. One of my neighbor is a constable and he told me the same too. About the cost of opening a Gun club, think how much money a 17 year old from a middle class family can have.

Samarjit123
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Samarjit123 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:48 am

Could any one tell me the present address of Assam Rifle and Shooting Association (ARSA) ? i mean in 2012. Can i get the coaching for 10 meter air rifle. PLEASE REPLY ME. I wnt to join.

thehearthside
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by thehearthside » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:50 pm

I am looking for a club to train too. Please help. I am from Nagaon. But Guwahati will be fine for me.