Bihar

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Bihar

Post by mundaire » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:34 pm

C/o. Shri G.M. Jalan
Hira Place Dak Bunglow Road
Patna-800001
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:39 am

Surprised to hear that Bihar also have a Shooting Range. lol.........
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:45 am

Badshah,

Just because they have a club does not mean they have a range... DSRA was formed in the late 80's but as of now has no range of its own! :shock: And this is the capital city we are talking about :evil:

Even the NRAI does not have a range of it's own. This December when I went to their office to buy some ammo I asked them if they planned to build one on the land allotted to them by the government (in Delhi). They replied, that land is for our office building... we may however build a 10m air gun range there though! Bureaucrats love their offices... shooting ranges are secondary for them! :evil:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:28 pm

Absolutely correct,Similer case with UPS**.
this is our only fight with dem in lucknow.
For eg. we had borrowed 2 trap machines from dem(the only help till date ,which were lying in store from years completly rusted)That too they took bak after few months.Saying -the machines are getting damaged due to exsesive use.lol,
But u ll find i good office with couple of senior citizens working there passing there time having tea ,cig.,pan.bcoz no work to do.
membership fee is increased to Rs 10,000/-.
the members opinion is -"Kam se Kam saal mai angrezi cartoose to mil jaate hain...."or for distributing it to relatives /friends,sum selling them at good premium.
We are survivng with a very dark future.Best part of it is the land which was alloted for range comes under irrigation ,& the lease agrement also expired couple of month back.Administration is not extending it,
i have heard UPSRA (Lucknow) have LP10s,BRNO .22 Rifles,Walther Pistols,barretta shotguns ,Hammerlee ,etc. But never seen them ,

Sorry if i have written any thing ofensive ,but it is the truth.
mundaire";p="9457 wrote: Badshah,

secondary for them! :evil:

Cheers!
Abhijeet

piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by piyushpdsingh » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:13 am

Abhijeet,
Mr.Jalan was treasurer in Bihar State Rifle Association.Some days ago Agm was held,will find if he still holds that post.
mundaire";p="9392 wrote: C/o. Shri G.M. Jalan
Hira Place Dak Bunglow Road
Patna-800001
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Bihar

Post by piyushpdsingh » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:20 am

BIHAR STATE RIFLE ASSOCIATION(B.S.R.A)
C/O D.G POLICE, BIHAR, PATNA.

Mr.Digvijay Singh, President NRAI is its Secretary genral.

I am life member of B.S.R.A,anyone from bihar can contact me for any information on it.The association was inactive for a while and we are trying to revive it.Infact we are planning to organise state level competetions,but due to meagre recourses planning only air rifle competitons.
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by piyushpdsingh » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:49 am

Badshah,
Bihar had the largest number of Rifle Clubs in India numbering 48 besides 4 District rifle Associations.But a large number of these clubs are not functioning.BIHAR STATE RIFLE ASSOCIATION was founded in 1968.
badshah0522";p="9446 wrote: Surprised to hear that Bihar also have a Shooting Range. lol.........
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by piyushpdsingh » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:01 am

Abhijeet,
They even have the office building,Bihar is the only place in the country where state rifle associaton has no office building of its own.we were once provided land ,the Director-Genral of police inagurated it,but later settlement wes not made and we were dispossessed from the land,we are managing it from our members homes.Now we are in the process of purchasing a office in a multi story.
mundaire";p="9457 wrote: Badshah,

Just because they have a club does not mean they have a range... DSRA was formed in the late 80's but as of now has no range of its own! :shock: And this is the capital city we are talking about :evil:

Even the NRAI does not have a range of it's own. This December when I went to their office to buy some ammo I asked them if they planned to build one on the land allotted to them by the government (in Delhi). They replied, that land is for our office building... we may however build a 10m air gun range there though! Bureaucrats love their offices... shooting ranges are secondary for them! :evil:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:05 am

I would be most interested in joining Bihar State Rifle Association. In fact the following people will join.

Mr. Manish nand
Shahid Ahmad
Mr. Mehboob Ali Kaiser
Mr. Farooq Saluddin
Mr. Anil SIngh
Mr. Zubair Alam
Mr. Taukir Khan
Mr. M Rehman
Mr. Ashraf Imam

I'll ask these gentlemen to go and join at once.

We will enrol another 50 to 80 members immediately. Can we have more details and we would like to speak with Mr. Jalan immediately please. Can we get his phone / mobile number.

It is pure stupid of us. We were in power in Bihar for the last 10 years. Mr. Mehboob Ali Kaiser was the minister for Science & Technology. We should have taken over this club and revived it. Anyway, we will make amends now. Please get us the contact details. Which Digvijay Singh is this ? Any more details about him ? Does he still hold a post at NRAI ?

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:08 am

DG Police Bihar - implies Mr. Malhotra. He is a good shooter, keen sportsman and excellent hand loader himself. A good friend. So reviving this club should be no problem. The Government of Bihar will be made to allot land to us for this club and a range. We will take care of that.

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:54 am

Mr. Jalan has been traced. We are making arrangements to invite him for talks ans see how we organise a tournament and run the club in a more public manner where the entire society benefits.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:23 pm

Go for it Shahid, Here's wishing you all the best and Bihar rifle association a great future.
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

MajorSKUpreti
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MajorSKUpreti » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:26 pm

Dear all shooters of Bihar,
I am also interested in becoming a member of Bihar Rifle Association.
Can anybody help me about it by giving me cell no of any office bearer.
I would be thankful if the cell number could be passed over at my mobile - 09835029258.
Presently I am security Officer of Reserve Bank of India Patna.
Shalom,

Sumit

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:51 pm

Welcome Sumit Saheb. I will hold a dinner meeting for all IFG members and members of Bihar Rifle Association in Patna. I hope to be in Patna for a few days in the first week of April. A number of my shooter friends will also be invited to this roof top barbecue event. We will discuss and take down everyone's view points on how to take up things further in Bihar Rifle Association.

MajorSKUpreti
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MajorSKUpreti » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:27 am

shahid wrote:Welcome Sumit Saheb. I will hold a dinner meeting for all IFG members and members of Bihar Rifle Association in Patna. I hope to be in Patna for a few days in the first week of April. A number of my shooter friends will also be invited to this roof top barbecue event. We will discuss and take down everyone's view points on how to take up things further in Bihar Rifle Association.
dear Mr Shahid,
Thanx for the invitation but I am not a member of Bihar rifle Association as yet. I can be contacted over cell for which the number is already provided.
Hope to hear from you soon,

Shalom

Major S K Upreti