Maharashtra Rifle Association

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Maharashtra Rifle Association

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:45 pm

sudhirkh wrote:can you please give me contact details of MRA ?
[SNIP]
Their new web site is maharifle.org. Good Luck.

For Advertising mail webmaster
varunik
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by varunik » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:13 pm

is MRA still functioning? What about DNA's news??
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the
Eye of the tiger

tiwariarrun
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by tiwariarrun » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Dear varunik,

What kind of a statement is- "Is MRA still functioning?" Just because of some moronic DNA article? Dude, you're making it sound as if it's a terrorist org. I think along with the person who wrote that article, even you need a lot of homework.

In fact, I am one of them who think how is something as fail as DNA still functioning..

varunik
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by varunik » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:23 am

hey! dont get so angry. frankly, i am still a noob!

I read that they are not registered, thats why.. and that too because i wanted to be clear before i go to PDRA's office, which happens to be an affiliated club. thas it
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the
Eye of the tiger

corNL
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by corNL » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:09 pm

Hello,
I have send some time back an email regarding a request to become a member.
See below and attached my KSNA membership card.

Regards

Cor Bergen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LS,

I'm a licensed KNSA holder for fire arms in the Netherlands and a member of the KNSA
see websire http://www.knsa.nl and the sport shooting club Flevoschutters http://www.flevoschutters.nl Now I'm living in Mumbai for 2 years and like to continue the sport shooting if posible here in Mumbai.
Ilike to become a member if posible can you please advice me?

Thanks

Cor Bergen

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:45 pm

Why not pay a personal visit to the MRA ? You might have to do their safety course and sign an indemnity bond if you wish to practice out there or play in any tournments in MH or through MH. Good Luck.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:09 pm

AGN,

Small correction........

You MUST have to do their safety course AND sign an indemnity bond if you wish to practice out there or play in any tournaments in MH or through MH.

M.
airgun_novice wrote:Why not pay a personal visit to the MRA ? You might have to do their safety course and sign an indemnity bond if you wish to practice out there or play in any tournments in MH or through MH. Good Luck.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Thx FF - I stand corrected.

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Visited MRA in Worli today and the range is in shambles, very sorry state of affairs. While I have no understanding of the guns they have inhouse the infrastructure in the place was appaling. Have taken the form for the Basic Air Rifle 4 Day course. The course begins in Jan 2013 and apparently there's a long waiting list. Whew. Went to see the Veer Savarkar range but was closed due to the crowds assembled for Ambedkar Jayanti.

If the infrastructure is better at Veer Savarkar in Dadar then why the premium for MRA ? Any ifo will be appreciated.

Thanks
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:20 pm

tiwariarrun wrote:Dear varunik,

What kind of a statement is- "Is MRA still functioning?" Just because of some moronic DNA article? Dude, you're making it sound as if it's a terrorist org. I think along with the person who wrote that article, even you need a lot of homework.

In fact, I am one of them who think how is something as fail as DNA still functioning..
Whatever I am saying here is from my personal expirience and understanding, I am on no once side.

Brothers, MRA is not going to die but the place would be shifted, right now MRA is having it range at the most lucrative/expensive piece of land in mumbai.

Because its on a leased land from BMC, they dont own it and BMC creats a problem whenever they want it to repaire.

Mark my words, you will see it soon ,

How I know this ? Well I am in to real estates and like to be informed.

Regards.

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi moin ,
This is for you lets meet in MRA as per your convinience, I do have some good collection of AR and AP ( as per my choice)
and in MRA there is a range for bigginers like us , at the left when we enter the range gate, donated/built by Mr Bhattia of D'ward rifle club.

We can shoot these , AGs

Regards.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:35 pm

only32owner wrote:Hi moin ,
This is for you lets meet in MRA as per your convinience, I do have some good collection of AR and AP ( as per my choice)
and in MRA there is a range for bigginers like us , at the left when we enter the range gate, donated/built by Mr Bhattia of D'ward rifle club.

We can shoot these , AGs

Regards.
That's wonderful. Thank you. Whenever you are in that side of town please give me a buzz. Would love to meet.

Best
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:04 am

Can someone get MR. Dhiren Bhatia over here talking about the MRA or MSRA, here on our forum, HE is a sportsman sans politicts. Lets see what his veiw about MRA,

ChaitanyaS
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ChaitanyaS » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:42 am

Visited Maharashtra Rifle Association yesterday. I went almost at their closing hour (6 PM). Sheila Kanungo was there but she left soon.

The ranges *looked* like they were in a dilapidated state but that is only half the story. I picked up a few target papers at the 50 metre range. Someone over there shot 1 inch groups earlier in the day.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

bishu57
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by bishu57 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:30 pm

Dear All,
Recently joined the forum and found this thread. Am currently enrolled for the basic course for Air Pistol at the MRA- Worli. The course is still taught by Sheila Kanungo, personally i think she is an excellent teacher , introduces even non shooters to the sport in a non intimidating and safe way. Every session begins with a review of safety and then the basic concepts follow.

The guns are all issued by MRA and you get to fire approx 50 shots per session of 2 hours - so its a very hands on practice driven methodology.

I would be going in for full time membership post the course and wanted to understand whats the time frame typically for getting your registration formalities done? Any practical experience info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bishu