Life time club memership neccessary for importing???

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Frosty
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Life time club memership neccessary for importing???

Post by Frosty » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:58 pm

HI Guys

Can someone pls throw some light on the basic requirements of club memebership for one being able to import air guns duty free,

1. Duration of club membership : Pls state that by rules what is the mandatory duration of time period one is supposed to get enrolled in order to get eligible for import

2. If duration is not a constant then can monthly membership also suffice, pls dont laugh :stupid: , because the only private rifle club i found out giving membership is charging Rs 300 pm, Rs 2000 per year, & Rs 20,000 for lifetime membership, now you may be getting my point

3. Can any member share his or her personal experience regarding this, like some one with an annual membership being able to import an air gun , or some one who got stuck with the custom becuause of not having lifetime membership.

Pls guys i need help, seriously :roll:
waiting for your life uplifting replies. :D :D :D

Thanks

Ankur

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Life time club memership neccessary for importing???

Post by nagarifle » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:53 pm

club membership is useful at the time of import, as for duration of membership? that is not important. nor is there any such official rules to the length of membership for imports.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Frosty
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Frosty » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Thanks a lot Naga, so i can go ahead with the annual membership or some other gentleman would like to add further, pls be my guest,,

The reason i am a little worried is becuse i have read in some posts of Air gun import by courier thread that some custom official can make fuss about the an annual based membership, but i simply dont want to jump in lifetime member ship because it costs a bomb

Correction to earlier posts the charges of an indoor shooting range in Faridabad (Manav Rachna university) are
Rs 300 per Day
Rs 2000 per month
Rs 20000 per year
now seeing them i am doomed,

Can i anybody pls guide to some other options er.. more economical option for Rifle club in Faridabad or in Delhi which are providing membership.

Guys pls help me out.

Thanks
Ankur

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:21 pm

Frosty wrote: Correction to earlier posts the charges of an indoor shooting range in Faridabad (Manav Rachna university) are
Rs 300 per Day
Rs 2000 per month
Rs 20000 per year
now seeing them i am doomed,
Ankur, that might be the fees for using the range, not for the membership.Check again, get an annual membership and import your own weapon. You can also contact Rajeev Sharma of Faridabad Gun House(details in the Yellow Pages section) for DSRA membership.

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.