Delray Shooting Range

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Delray Shooting Range

Post by mundaire » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:14 am

Yesterday afternoon Hitesh arranged a fun outing to the Delray Shooting Range, pix below write up to follow.

The nerdy looking shooting glasses were loaners from the range :roll:

Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:17 am

Interesting choice of targets.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:53 am

Nice.... mp5, full auto ? shd've had some video too. Again, look at all those smiles. Yee Haw...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:52 am

HSharief";p="42192 wrote:Nice.... mp5, full auto ? shd've had some video too. Again, look at all those smiles. Yee Haw...
Yep, it was full auto (it was a rental from the range, they also had Uzi's for rent)! :mrgreen: Though as we very quickly realised that at full auto shooting with any degree of accuracy was impossible, even at 50 feet!! :P Hitesh almost took out the target holder with his first burst! The three burst mode was a bit better with usually 2 out of the three hitting paper consistently. That said full auto was a real blast and before we realised it we'd run through our ammunition! ;)

The Kimber was also a rental and looked like it had digested several thousands of rounds in the course of it's duties. Dirty as hell, but a sweet shooter nonetheless. I'd suggested renting out a Glock, but Hitesh wasn't going to have anything less than a .45 so the Kimber it was! :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:55 am

OverUnderPump";p="42187 wrote:Interesting choice of targets.

regards
8)
OUP
He seems to be a popular choice for paper targets around here, and this was the cheapest paper target they had... personally I'd have liked to have lined up clays and watch them explode while we sprayed them with slugs :D - but this was an indoor range and a pretty busy one at that... so that wasn't really an option...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Delray Shooting Range

Post by Sakobav » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:42 am

Nice Thanks for sharing Best

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:44 am

That must be some fun,Abhijeet.Planning to shoot the Uzi too?Can you explain all those pokemarks on walls and the roof?

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:07 am

Vikram";p="42278 wrote: That must be some fun,Abhijeet.Planning to shoot the Uzi too?Can you explain all those pokemarks on walls and the roof?

Best-
Vikram
Vikram, I'm actually more inclined to now try and find a clays range so most probably will not get to shoot the Uzi... :) What you see is actually not the roof, it's vertical baffles hung from the roof to prevent ricochets and the pockmarks are probably from years of facing the occasional careless/ talentless shooter... ;)

Navi, I might just be your side sooner rather than later... there's a tie.org event coming up this weekend (in NYC) that I'd really like to attend, will keep you posted. :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:16 am

Urrgggghhhh damn the jealousy is killing me. Anyway shoot some more for us stuck with .22's. ;-) Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:30 pm

mundaire";p="42271 wrote:
OverUnderPump";p="42187 wrote:Interesting choice of targets.

regards
8)
OUP
He seems to be a popular choice for paper targets around here, and this was the cheapest paper target they had... personally I'd have liked to have lined up clays and watch them explode while we sprayed them with slugs :D - but this was an indoor range and a pretty busy one at that... so that wasn't really an option...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Cool :D ,

UZI's and H&K's thats real yum, that too with full auto. Whats the recoil like in the MP ? You mentioned that full auto mode was tough to keep on the straight and narrow.
Oh, and do try out a SPAS if you happen to come by one.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:43 pm

Very nice Abhijeet, it looks like you are making the most of your time here in the U.S.

I have never shot full-auto rifles at targets more than 20-25 feet away, but at that distance I didn't seem to have trouble keeping the shots inside the circle for the most part.

Great choice with the MP-5.

The only full-auto weapons I have shot are MP-5s and an M-16 in 9mm (M-16 design with a narrow mag-well for an MP-5 type mag) and the MP-5 was definitely the better of the two - lighter, compact, accurate, and had very little recoil.

If you get a chance to shoot clays, and I hope you do, we would love to see pictures.

-Naren

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:28 pm

Great Abhijeet.....

Have a blast!! Do try the Uzi too.....

We are feeling lucky enought to get to shoot .22 at the range.

Nishant

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:10 am

Abhijeet

Let me know looking forward to it..

Best