IFG - USA meet 2012

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: IFG - USA meet 2012

Post by xl_target » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:13 am

Looks good Baljit,
I have the iron plates and will bring them along.
I also have the paper target holders and the paper targets and sandbags for the rifles.
I also have a full length shooting pad if anyone want to shoot prone.

The firing line and the 90 deg angle that you have there would depend on the location of backstops or berms that Mark has available. We can readjust that on location depending on the conditions.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 am

xl_target wrote:Looks good Baljit,
I have the iron plates and will bring them along.
I also have the paper target holders and the paper targets and sandbags for the rifles.
I also have a full length shooting pad if anyone want to shoot prone.

The firing line and the 90 deg angle that you have there would depend on the location of backstops or berms that Mark has available. We can readjust that on location depending on the conditions.

XL, Thank you very much for the all info, but i need a full langht pad for shooting because 50 yards rifle shootind is a prone shooting, but shooting is a shooting i'll explane to you a later give you a call next weekend.

Baljit

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Do we want to start a list of the ammo we may need to buy/bring if we're shooting each other's guns. To start here's some basics

22 lr (Rugers)
223 (AR)
380 (Walther)
9mm (G17)
38/357 (Ruger, Smith, Marlin lever ?)
30-06 (Tikka)
44mag (Ruger)
45ACP (1911)
12ga (Benelli, Beretta)

Please add anything you may bring or want to shoot. I think it will be only fair to BYOA (ammo).

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:42 pm

HSharief wrote:Do we want to start a list of the ammo we may need to buy/bring if we're shooting each other's guns. ...... Please add anything you may bring or want to shoot. I think it will be only fair to BYOA (ammo).
I agree. We will have to pool some cash and purchase some ammo.
That's quite a list of different calibers that you plan on bringing.

Maybe Mark can do a class (on Sunday) on the proper way to sharpen a knife. That knowledge would probably be something very valuable to all of us.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:21 am

xl_target wrote:
HSharief wrote:Do we want to start a list of the ammo we may need to buy/bring if we're shooting each other's guns. ...... Please add anything you may bring or want to shoot. I think it will be only fair to BYOA (ammo).

Maybe Mark can do a class (on Sunday) on the proper way to sharpen a knife.

That knowledge would probably be something very valuable to all of us.
If you are Canadian then you have to buy ( Hunting License ) of any state then you can buy all the ammo. Just don't import it back to Canada. A best idea is let some one from US buy it and keep in their own possession until ready to shoot. Or you can simply share the costs with each other.

On the other hand "SHOOTING" will be last thing on my mind. We are meeting with like minded people and there is lot to learn and share. So for the survival of " SHOOTING SPORTS " you bring in new ideas and replenish your efforts to fight that is front of us, ALL OF US - Haji
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:39 am

xl_target wrote:

Maybe Mark can do a class (on Sunday) on the proper way to sharpen a knife. That knowledge would probably be something very valuable to all of us.
I was thinking that in addition, I can teach anyone who wants to learn how to chip arrowheads too.

Anyone wants to learn how to make fire without matches let me know and I'll dig that stuff out as well.

The only thing right now is that I've moved my reloading stuff and none of it is set up, so if someone REALLY wants to see/learn how to reload let me know because otherwise it probably wont happen! However, if someone wants to I'm perfectly willing to find the time to to at least a basic set up, and let people load up some stuff including casting some bullets.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:41 am

On another topic, can anyone interested in coming please send me a PM, and then in a few days I'll make up a group PM list so we can talk about food and stuff, and I can start getting an idea of a head count?

If you do not know if you can make it, still send me a note and get included.

Mark
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:01 am

Good going - the plans for the meet are coming along nicely! Many thanks and nice work Mark, xl_target, Baljit!! :D

I dont know how useful this would be but, I am emailing a simple Excel spreadsheet to xl_target which the organizers can use to update information about participants and have a sort of ready reference.

Let me know what you think. I would be happy to assist in any other way I can in making this meet a grand success.

:cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:52 am

Gentlemen,

Everything seems to be going real good with the planning. I would like to contribute towards purchase of ammo, eventhough I am not able to be there for the meet. Might not be much but I would be really happy if the organising team would help me contribute.

Regards,
drifter.

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:48 am

Another reminder for anyone planning on attending, even if you are not 100% sure if can make it, to send me a PM as now is the time for us to get all the final details worked out.

Cheers!
Mark

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:48 am

Mark wrote:Another reminder for anyone planning on attending, even if you are not 100% sure if can make it, to send me a PM as now is the time for us to get all the final details worked out.

Cheers!
Mark
Confirmations ..........

Planning ..........

Schedules ..........

Rituals .......... :oops: I can't sing American National Anthem

Changes ..........

Instructions .........

Lost and Found ..........

Public Contact Info ..........

Thanks
Thanks , things getting in line.

Any suggestions ......?

agenda ........?

politics .......?

problems .........?

future plans .......?

contracts and insurances ........?

any other requirements .......... ?

Bring your suggestion forward please, you may have many many - Haji
Last edited by Hammerhead on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:47 pm

any new update on this.How many guy's coming in this meet?

Baljit

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Let us see how many confirmations guys... I am guessing Baljit is in. My dad and myself are coming.

Who else?

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:02 pm

CK Kalyan will be arriving in St Louis, MO on Friday, along with Baljit. I will be picking them up at the airport and then we will head to Mark's.

I believe Haji and his family are also going to be there.

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:35 pm

My dad and I will be driving from Chicago. (Just the 2 of us in a big SUV ... wink wink if anyone is around Chicago and wants a free ride).

What time are you guys planning on getting to Mark's on Friday?

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.