Fireworks with IFGian's in Michael IL, USA

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Fireworks with IFGian's in Michael IL, USA

Post by Baljit » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Thank you very much XL, whatever you did it for us, you pick us up from the airport and drop us back at the airport that is somethingh we have to appreciate.

So when are you coming to Canada?

Thank's
Baljit

For Advertising mail webmaster
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Baljit wrote:Thank you very much XL, whatever you did it for us, you pick us up from the airport and drop us back at the airport that is somethingh we have to appreciate.

So when are you coming to Canada?

Thank's Baljit
++++1 The next gathering hopefully, will be in Canada (Winter Olympics) - who is up for it?

Many, many heartfelt thanks to our hosts in the US of A, the attendees and of course XL - what wonderful people and great company; so much knowledge, varied experience and sharing in one small (40 Acre) place - WOW! :D

:cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Hammerhead wrote:Com'on People ...... We forgot ... !

We all forget next year's North American meet and time frame. Let's plan some thing from now on so we can meet more and plan a bigger meet. It turned out to be a good meet with really nice people, except few drunks :lol: and some people were caught stealing food from other people. Still there are many good gun owners out there.
So lets plan for next year - Haji
ckkalyan wrote:
Baljit wrote:
So when are you coming to Canada ?

Thank's Baljit
++++1 The next gathering hopefully, will be in Canada (Winter Olympics) -

who is up for it ?

Many, many heartfelt thanks to our hosts in the US of A, the attendees and of course XL - what wonderful people and great company; so much knowledge, varied experience and sharing in one small (40 Acre) place - WOW! :D

See ...... Who's smart now ........ ? :deadhorse:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:59 am

Hammerhead wrote:
Hammerhead wrote:Com'on People ...... We forgot ... !

We all forget next year's North American meet and time frame. Let's plan some thing from now on so we can meet more and plan a bigger meet. It turned out to be a good meet with really nice people, except few drunks :lol: and some people were caught stealing food from other people. Still there are many good gun owners out there.
So lets plan for next year - Haji
ckkalyan wrote:
Baljit wrote:
So when are you coming to Canada ?

Thank's Baljit
++++1 The next gathering hopefully, will be in Canada (Winter Olympics) -

who is up for it ?

See ...... Who's smart now ........ ? :deadhorse:

We are all very smarts................

Baljit

soumithra.177
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by soumithra.177 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:16 am

+++1 The next gathering hopefully, will be in Canada (Winter Olympics) - who is up for it?
Many, many heartfelt thanks to our hosts inthe US of A, the attendees and of course XL -what wonderful people and great company;so much knowledge, varied experience and sharing in one small (40 Acre) place - WOW!

with a CANNON.....!

WOW!

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:23 pm

What an awsome post !!! and what a beautiful house. Needs a very big heart to open up your house to complete strangers...

BTW, Mark what use do you find for the cannon and the Muzzle Loaders..Now it seems like people spend more time collecting as many different possessions (such as cannons & Old Muzzle Loaders for example) that they never seem to spend that much time actually using those cannons. I have fallen into this trap myself so I am qualified to discuss it.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Best
Moin
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:38 am

BTW, Mark what use do you find for the cannon and the Muzzle Loaders..
I won't presume to speak for Mark but he is probably really busy at this time with groups using his facilities. Also deer hunting season is coming up really soon which will take up more of his time.

As far as the muzzle loaders go, the little cut down one is used by his son. The Hawken, I believe, is the one he used earlier. The CVA Electra is what he currently uses for hunting deer. You gotta remember that guns are just tools. I only need one set of screwdrivers but I have several as I'm sure you do. In the same way people use different guns for different tasks. As a tool, the CVA Electra will outperform, by a significant margin, most of the slug shooting shotguns out there.

The cannon belonged to his father and is sure a fun little toy. I'm sure it will be in their family forever.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:45 am

xl_target wrote:
BTW, Mark what use do you find for the cannon and the Muzzle Loaders..
I won't presume to speak for Mark but he is probably really busy at this time with groups using his facilities. Also deer hunting season is coming up really soon which will take up more of his time.

As far as the muzzle loaders go, the little cut down one is used by his son. The Hawken, I believe, is the one he used earlier. The CVA Electra is what he currently uses for hunting deer. You gotta remember that guns are just tools. I only need one set of screwdrivers but I have several as I'm sure you do. In the same way people use different guns for different tasks. As a tool, the CVA Electra will outperform, by a significant margin, most of the slug shooting shotguns out there.

The cannon belonged to his father and is sure a fun little toy. I'm sure it will be in their family forever.
Please don't get me wrong, did'nt mean to go OT. This was just something Mark wrote in the Sharp Section :).(I can't write so well :) )So thought of checking with Mark how this applies to his extensive collection of firearms :) shown here.

This is a lovely post, Mark owns an amazing looking property and a large heart....

Best
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:57 am

Thank you very much guy's you like this............... love you all

Baljit

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:56 pm

Moin. wrote: <snipped text>did'nt mean to go OT. This was just something Mark wrote in the Sharp Section :).(I can't write so well :) )So thought of checking with Mark how this applies to his extensive collection of firearms :) shown here.

Best
Moin.

Hi Moin!

A few of the guns, most notably the flintlock pistols, were purchased on the spur of the moment type of situation where a bargain existed. (sort of like our dogs, I don't find them they find me!). Now the rifles are a different story, those get used at some point or other.

for example, that shorty hawken.....
Of course now the owner of it is taller than I am by several inches!

The other hawken rifle:

As mentioned previously, I just got the Electra so this will be the first season I use it.

Here a pic from last year and my shotgun (you've probably already seen this one but here it is again!):
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:38 am

Mark wrote:
Moin. wrote: <snipped text>did'nt mean to go OT. This was just something Mark wrote in the Sharp Section :).(I can't write so well :) )So thought of checking with Mark how this applies to his extensive collection of firearms :) shown here.

Best
Moin.

Hi Moin!

A few of the guns, most notably the flintlock pistols, were purchased on the spur of the moment type of situation where a bargain existed. (sort of like our dogs, I don't find them they find me!). Now the rifles are a different story, those get used at some point or other.

[ Image ]

The other hawken rifle:

[ Image ]

As mentioned previously, I just got the Electra so this will be the first season I use it.

Here a pic from last year and my shotgun (you've probably already seen this one but here it is again!):
[ Image ]
:twisted: And I thought I had you there. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You were to post pics of the blades you have forged, please do when you can.

Best
Moin.

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Mark wrote:

Best
Moin.

Hi Moin!

[ Image ]

The other hawken rifle:

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Wow... Brandon looks so young there!! :)

BTW Mark, Let me know when you are planning on that deer hunt this year... Dad and I would love to join you!

Cheers,
Amit

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi Mark

Thank you for the great images and write up! :D

I am sure you are having loads of fun with the new batch of incumbents at your facility. :cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:24 am

Yes indeed Mark, thank you for the pictures and write up!

I hope you going to have great hunting sessions this year. :cheers:

Baljit

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:04 am

conty1 wrote:
BTW Mark, Let me know when you are planning on that deer hunt this year... Dad and I would love to join you!

Cheers,
Amit
Amit, unfortunately I am all committed out now, we'll have to talk about next year.....

Traditionally, in Illinois the 2 deer seasons are the weekend before and the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Moin, thanks for the reminder yet again! I came across a package of some old slides of some knives earlier this summer, when I remember where they were I'll get them converted to JPG's and post them.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947