Day out at the Range

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:32 pm

:( wonder if i'd ever be allowed to visit the tughlakabad range plus do they have a range for air rifles ?? i really need help zeroing my rifle, been experimenting lot with the sights but not quite getting there

For Advertising mail webmaster
Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Day out at the Range

Post by Risala » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:01 pm

[quote

Do you have good pics of Sanjay's Baikal? I am sick and tired of telling that blighter to send them to me.

quote]

Will mail the pics by Thurs,still to take them.

Sanjay

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:09 pm

Looks like a lot of fun and a good range to shoot at. The range in Hyderabad is also very good, world class but not many shooters. Hopefully, after this post and seeing how simple it could be to get into shooting, more people will join.

Thanks for the info guys.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:50 am

Sid_kapur30";p="31366 wrote: :( wonder if i'd ever be allowed to visit the tughlakabad range plus do they have a range for air rifles ?? i really need help zeroing my rifle, been experimenting lot with the sights but not quite getting there
Naah they don't allow anyone with a low powered Indian Rifle in. The guard has been instructed to humiliate you and berate you and then smash the rifle on your car bonnet, if not your cranium. After that he hands you a flyer that teaches you about proper air rifles being HW'S only.

I believe a certain Bangalore based gentleman has been influencing the SAI about what fine air guns are all about. So be warned ! ;-)

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:59 am

Sid,

I wouldn't worry too much. If they allow any old riff-raff to enter, you could probably do it with a water pistol.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:20 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="31461 wrote: Sid,

I wouldn't worry too much. If they allow any old riff-raff to enter, you could probably do it with a water pistol.

Mack The Knife
Unless the riff raff's belly got stuck in the entry gate ;-)

dev

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:59 am

The fact is my parents probably wont allow me to visit a range, it was hard to convince em to let me visit the sirifort for they only have Air Rifles/Guns there. I hope you guys can understand my plight. They were shocked when i told em i got an AIR RIFLE and my mom freaked out when she saw it. They think i got something wrong on my top floor (though every one i know tends to agree with em) and my dad got my new knife locked in his drawer and the reason given is IT'S SHARP YOU MIGHT CUT UR SELF!
dev";p="31460 wrote:
Sid_kapur30";p="31366 wrote: :( wonder if i'd ever be allowed to visit the tughlakabad range plus do they have a range for air rifles ?? i really need help zeroing my rifle, been experimenting lot with the sights but not quite getting there
Naah they don't allow anyone with a low powered Indian Rifle in. The guard has been instructed to humiliate you and berate you and then smash the rifle on your car bonnet, if not your cranium. After that he hands you a flyer that teaches you about proper air rifles being HW'S only.

I believe a certain Bangalore based gentleman has been influencing the SAI about what fine air guns are all about. So be warned ! ;-)

Dev

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:39 pm

Let's say that we have all been thru your plight. This calls for a conspiracy. So just wait till we get our membership and you tag along without a gun. Bring a camera. Tell parents that you are gonna do some nature photography. Then you can take shots of the wildlife around the place. It goes without saying that we'll try to get you to shoot too. So just hang in there.

Dev

P.S. The normal line with air rifles is," you'll shoot your eyes out". :twisted:

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:26 pm

dev";p="31474 wrote:Let's say that we have all been thru your plight...
Not quite...!! :lol:
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:20 pm

great to know i aint alone

Hey abhijeet u wanted to dissect my air rifle na well lets make a plan sometime soon and probably you could teach me aswell

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:31 pm

The fact is my parents probably wont allow me to visit a range, it was hard to convince em to let me visit the sirifort for they only have Air Rifles/Guns there. I hope you guys can understand my plight. They were shocked when i told em i got an AIR RIFLE and my mom freaked out when she saw it. They think i got something wrong on my top floor (though every one i know tends to agree with em) and my dad got my new knife locked in his drawer and the reason given is IT'S SHARP YOU MIGHT CUT UR SELF.
Either you sit them down and explain things to them (highly recommended) or consider getting your own digs. Don't ever lie to your parents, though. If you are honest with your parents and prove to them you are responsible enough, they will allow you more independence.
Let's say that we have all been thru your plight.
Utter bollocks! My old man and his friends introduced me to hunting at the age of seven or eight and saw me bag my first and only pig at the age of ten, bought me my first air-rifle at eleven, turned a blind eye to me learning how to drive a Jeep at eleven (not on the roads though), did not mind me cycling all over Delhi by myself (I used to cycle from Vasant Vihar to Defence Colony and back for my Hindi tuitions twice a week), took me to the red light area in London at the age of fifteen (just for a looksee...unfortunately :mrgreen: ), made me work at the Bombay docks and Lala Tours during the school holidays to teach me the value of money, taught me how to smoke a pipe when he saw me smoking cheap cigarettes, taught me to savour a fine single malt rather than just getting drunk and making an ass of myself and so on.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:46 pm

(I used to cycle from Vasant Vihar to Defence Colony and back for my Hindi tuitions twice a week),

Stop stretching the truth beyond limits, you cycling more than ten kilometers ha ha ha ;-)

Dev
Last edited by dev on Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:49 pm

mundaire";p="31478 wrote:
dev";p="31474 wrote:Let's say that we have all been thru your plight...
Not quite...!! :lol:
Hey I was just empathizing with the Kid. So lighten up already ;-).

Dev

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:54 pm

[quote="dev";p="31496"][quote="Mack The Knife Bana";p="31488"]
The fact is my parents probably wont allow me (I used to cycle from Vasant Vihar to Defence Colony and back for my Hindi tuitions twice a week),

Stop stretching the truth beyond limits, you cycling more than ten kilometers ha ha ha ;-)

Dev
[/quote][/quote]

Matey, I used to run 10 kms three times a week (Bandra to Dadar and back) when I was still boxing.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:57 pm

Hey I was just empathizing with the Kid. So lighten up already ;-).
Why, did I strike a nerve? :mrgreen: