Golf!

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Golf!

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:11 pm

Hey anyone from /around Delhi in for a golf session...

i admit i aint too good a player, still working on my distancing and stance
but would love to have some company on the course - playing with guys who can barely walk is kind of frustrating..

Any one in for it do gimme a shout or P.M. me

Cheers
Siddharth

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:01 pm

The use of four letter words is forbidden on the forum. :mrgreen:

Where do you play?

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:19 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="45436 wrote: The use of four letter words is forbidden on the forum. :mrgreen:

Where do you play?
i'm a member at the Noida golf course so its's Noida on weekends and on the week days it's Lado Sarai golf course (just started, it's near Quatab Minar) and am going to try out the Siri Fort one tomorrow - lets see how it comes across.

What about you, you play Golf

Cheers
Siddharth

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:31 pm

I tried my hand at it for a day and as it so happens, it was at the NOIDA course but that and some putting at the Hindon Airforce Base is about it.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:39 pm

Well the next time you're around do give me a shout (finally something i could give you some tips about:D)..

Cheers
Siddharth

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:53 pm

Mental note to self: Don't forget the kevlar body armour.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:01 pm

LOL i may sound clumsy, but i'm way worse than that...

beat it i've actually hit someone with the golf ball poor chap was simply walking and wham he got hit...... i still remember the look on his face, complaining "i was just walking by and wham *************"

Cheers
Siddharth

p.s. get your armored car along you could always use it as a golf cart when am around

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:11 pm

I started playing three years ago. I mostly play nines, have been walking all this year, quite a workout while carrying the bag too. I've learnt to travel lite the hard way ;). I have a lot of fun and my scores show it too, I score BIG numbers on the card :) My target for this year is to break 50 on a nine. My best is a 45, I can squeeze in par on a couple, bogey or double on most others, then come a couple of holes that the bottom falls out and messes up my score. It has become such an obsession, I think this year, I've golfed more than I've gone shooting already :(

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:10 pm

HSharief";p="45451 wrote: I started playing three years ago. I mostly play nines, have been walking all this year, quite a workout while carrying the bag too. I've learnt to travel lite the hard way ;). I have a lot of fun and my scores show it too, I score BIG numbers on the card :) My target for this year is to break 50 on a nine. My best is a 45, I can squeeze in par on a couple, bogey or double on most others, then come a couple of holes that the bottom falls out and messes up my score. It has become such an obsession, I think this year, I've golfed more than I've gone shooting already :(
It certainly is an addiction. Even after you go OB twice in a row on the same hole, ending up 6 over :(.
oh and where do you stay - to be more specific where do you play :)

Cheers
Siddharth

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:33 am

Sid_kapur30";p="45456 wrote: It certainly is an addiction. Even after you go OB twice in a row on the same hole, ending up 6 over :(.
so you make par on the remaining tries, hats off to you man. I don't want to boast by revealing how much "more" than you I score ;)
Sid_kapur30";p="45456 wrote: oh and where do you stay - to be more specific where do you play :)
I live in Holland, Michigan, USA, play at the local club here, Winding Creek, its about 2 miles from my office. Shooting range is on the same road at half the distance. In my profile I jokingly put Misriganj ;)

perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Golf!

Post by perazzi » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:18 pm

Sid ,

I play at the Delhi Golf Club and you can join me anytime.
My daughter Aashna is now taking lessons from a pro so most evenings i am at the DGC driving range.
You can also pop by tdy around 5'ish.

Cheers Rohit.
Heart of a Lion , Memory of an Elephant

browning
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Golf!

Post by browning » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:47 pm

I play at The Delhi Golf Club almost every day but then theres the age thing!

Anyway, if you're ever out of partners feel free to join us. Perazzi, is your daughter in the JTP ?

Regards,
B.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:11 pm

perazzi";p="45484 wrote: Sid ,

I play at the Delhi Golf Club and you can join me anytime.
My daughter Aashna is now taking lessons from a pro so most evenings i am at the DGC driving range.
You can also pop by tdy around 5'ish.

Cheers Rohit.
Thanks for the offer Perazzi but evenings is something i can't do. generally work till late in office.. Morning any day and i am game. plus dosnt one need to be a mebmer at the Delhi Golf course to play there??
browning";p="45485 wrote: I play at The Delhi Golf Club almost every day but then theres the age thing!

Anyway, if you're ever out of partners feel free to join us. Perazzi, is your daughter in the JTP ?

Regards,
B.
Hey probably i would join you guys sometime soon..
Delhi Golf Course so do you and Perazzi play together or what? And what time do you generally play morning or evenings

Cheers
Siddharth

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:14 pm

HSharief";p="45473 wrote: so you make par on the remaining tries, hats off to you man. I don't want to boast by revealing how much "more" than you I score Wink
Who told you i make a par on the rest i get one or max two pars in a day. two is when i'm lucky i.e.

Plus i aint no regular golfer i've just started playing about 2 months back (only on weekends) and just started playing on weekdays as well. so was looking for people to play with..

Cheers
Siddharth

browning
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by browning » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:27 pm

Rite now i got a golf training camp going on so play around 5.

Regards,
B.