First IFG Hunt... :)

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
stunngun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by stunngun » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:24 pm

Dont be sorry Mack The Knife, it is not your fault! :D

Yeah Mehul, I believe hunting may be unbanned or allowed in certain circumstances. After all this is the land of the maharajas whose favorite sport was hunting.

Thanks for your invitation, I shall take it up when the time comes! :)
"wh@r*s don't live in company of poor men, citizens never support a weak company and birds don't build nests on a tree that doesn't bear fruits." Chanakya quotes (Indian politician, strategist and writer, 350 BC -275 BC )

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:48 pm

penpusher, Its not tough, once you get reconciled to to the first dozen or so misses ;)
My bro, who is a better shotgunner than me, once ran rings around me in skeet-took me quite sometime to recover-but I never stopped blasting away at thin air...Keep on doin it-I guess if I want to learn some 'thet' Panjabi, now is the time to hang around with you , when you're blasting thin air-I can almost hear the air turn blue ;) :)
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

penpusher

Re: First IFG Hunt... :)

Post by penpusher » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:35 pm

Eljefe,

If I am going to blast thin air I want to have one of these

[gvideo]-7764678679044430422[/gvideo]

penpusher

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:08 am

Nisha,

Sadly, the maharajas are hoteliers these days and thre are anti everything maharanis like Maneka Gandhi ruling the roost in India. To be honest, I am not optimistic about hunting and conservation ever becoming the norm there.

Over here, of course, just let us know when you'll be visiting.

penpusher,

Don't worry - as I have said, shotgunning could be a very unusual sport. Inder did terribly at shooting my A-5 at fixed targets but picked up on trap quite well before doing extremely well on live game. If you have a couple of weeks here to shoot two or three rounds of trap at my club, you should be fine. No problem at all whenever you come here. Just let us know in advance and we'll organise everything for your hunt.

Cheers!

stunngun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by stunngun » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:13 pm

Maneka Gandhi :( You jsut have to call her organisation to know what they are all about! I did once, for an alsatian dog who was kept tied in a small balcony with no one at home all day and they asked me to lodge a complaint in the police station! They need to get a life for sure!

So much humbug, it;s just a farce to get their political career rolling!

About hunting and conservation in India, aren;t you being too pessimistic? Give it some time, I am sure things will change here! They just need to realize that the more they exert rules on not doin something, the more enticing it it for the lawbreakers!
"wh@r*s don't live in company of poor men, citizens never support a weak company and birds don't build nests on a tree that doesn't bear fruits." Chanakya quotes (Indian politician, strategist and writer, 350 BC -275 BC )

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:34 pm

Great, our newbies are on the roll in understanding the politico-gravy train situation....Good, Stungun, please spread the good word about IFG and lets get more ACTIVE members
Best
Axx

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

stunngun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by stunngun » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:26 pm

I am spreading the word about IFG! I wish I could put a gun to their head to be active thou! :p

Which newbie are you tlaking about, eljefe?

I understand the political scene all too well, just that I spoke about it for the first time here!

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:10 pm

Nisha,

While most of us are pro hunting - yes, there are some anti hunters here as well - we do recognise that even if India decides to open hunting up, it would take several decades before any proper hunting and conservation could be possible. The country simply does not have adequate forest cover to sustain large enough game populations and the present state of affairs does not offer any hope at all.

FE In 1972 the USA had a similar crisis with vastly depleted game before they started proper game management and conservation work and in 2000 game stocks and forest preservation ahd worked so well that the number of deer shot in one state alone - Wisconsin - exceeded the total number of deer in the USA in 1972. That is conservation.

Maneka may talk out of her hat but the fact is that she has done nothing so far, even as Minister for the Environment, to use methods that even the WWF endorses. And she is a hypocrite - her father was a big time hunter and she did b@$%^r all to stop him. I also had a little bird tell me that there were some hunting pictures of her with game that she bagged when younger. I hope to trace them and use them in an article on her. Believe me, there are people willing to help with this kind of thing. :wink:

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:08 am

Stungun,
Take a quick peek at posts from recent joinees -Might sound like rants and raves, but are a true picture of waht a generation of suppression has done-Many are a bit confused over the obscure obfuscation called laws and the political (in)correctness of owning guns.Hasnt stopped them from boning up/ spending/ collecting and learning about guns.Now that we have a great platform, us gunnies are coming out of the slime ;)
Where's your pal Lt.Gen?
In this Playstation and flash memory associated era, its good to see that there is still hope left.
Best
Axx

stunngun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by stunngun » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:26 pm

Hey Mehul! I agree with you that it will take sometime for us to come to a state where US is now! After all we are a nation, completely independent and by ourselves only for a little less than 60 years!

I am actually smiling my way to glory reading that you might just about landfup with pictures of Maneka and her interesting lifestyle whcih she seems to hate so vehemently now! It only goes to prove something that I say ever-so-often - Every doctor hath his favorite disease!!!

There was a very active park, still exists in Bombay but god-knows-whats-she's done-to-it, Sanjay Gandhi National Park! It was open to outsiders and was a santuary for wild life! Now having closed it to general public where no one can go and hunt or even have a look, she should be the last person complaining about conservation! Maybe she just did away with the animals there to build herself a tree-house or something! I wouldn;t be surprised if one would raid her home and find tiger nails and elephant tusks and animal skin around! :twisted:

Hey Eljefe!

My bad! I have not been as active here as I would like to be, so yeah I missed the rants and raves of people who have joined here! This place does indeed offer a platform to discuss the policies of our democratic government! Maybe if I am forming a political party, I would know where to look to get me candidates! ;)

My friend Lt.Gen is busy sorting his love life and I must say he has the balls to speak up unlike most of the back-bitcher acquantainces I have asked to joined here! But then they are rich, owning mines and all, who knows they might wanna donate out here! 8)

I shall tell Lt Gen thou, that he was being remembered since he was pissed with me for disclosing his real idendity and his exact words were *what do you think yuo are doing explaining things, they are enjoying all of it, they are guys with guns* lol

horribleharshad
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by horribleharshad » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:02 pm

Sanjay gandhi national park closed down for general public??

hell, last time I heard there was no such thing.... I live a 10-15 min drive away from there. Yes, the management has been taken over by reliance and the enrty fees are skyrocketing.

But as long as you pay them whatever they ask, you can enter the park.... I went for a drive two weeks back... sadly it was late so the park was closing down........ leopard fear.
Sic Transit Gloria!

stunngun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by stunngun » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:35 pm

For a drive? :roll:

I was there in Bombay when this happened, unfortunately the link stating this is blocked. Also I have been to Kanheri caves(somewhere near SGNP) not for a drive mind you :lol: and I did see the state of affairs there.

Maybe my post did have undertone that the place was being used for commercial purpose, instead of some real conservation happening there, you missed that?

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:09 pm

Nisha,

Not sure what you meant by donating stuff here - the membership is free. But if your mine owner friends feel like starting, they could start with commissioning a Purdey or Hartmann und Weiss double rifle as a donation to each moderator here followed by a Biesen custom rifle or CSMC shotgun for regular members. :mrgreen: :lol:

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:52 pm

Hear,hear :lol:

penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:06 pm

I'll settle for a Brno Mk1 .22lr.

I ain't greedy... :roll: