exemption for muzzle loaders from license Act 55 of 1971??

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
renjith747
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

exemption for muzzle loaders from license Act 55 of 1971??

Post by renjith747 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Is there any exemption for muzzle loaders from license under amendment act 55 of 1971?.Recently i bought The Arms act,1959 (54 of 1959) along with The arms rules 1962 by PROFESSIONAL BOOK PUBLISHERS DELHI.In that it says there is an amendment act 55 of 1971 which gives an exemption for muzzle loader from licensing procedure.I searched the whole internet to find out that order but i didn't found any.In that book it is printed as stated below
Amendment Act 55 of 1971
Statement of Objects and Reasons
The muzzle-loading gun is mainly used by the farmers generally for protecting their crop from the animals. A license is required to be obtained even for the muzzle- loading gun under the provisions of existing law and the farmers have to waste a lot of time, energy and money in obtaining the same. Its therefore, desirable that muzzle-loading gun, meant for agricultural use, is exempted from license so that the farmer may procure it without difficulty for protecting his crops and he may not have to waste his time and money.
Is this true ?.Dear members please post your views regarding this order.

Regards
Renjith

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: exemption for muzzle loaders from license Act 55 of 1971

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Lok Sabha website shows that an amendment was made to the Arms Act 1959 in the year 1971. Bill No. & Year: XXII of 1971, Short Title of Bill: The Arms (Amendment) Bill, 1971, Act No. 55 of 1971. But the contents of the Bill are not available.

Nothing can be said until the contents of the passed Bill are read. Copy of the same can be obtained via RTI from MHA.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Any update on this?
To Excellence through Diligence.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:55 pm

It does not appear that Act 55 of 1971 was related to muzzle loading guns. When searched for "71" in the downloaded copy of Arms Act 1959 from MHA website, found Act 55 of 1971 has done the following Amendment:
1*[(d) "district magistrate", in relation to any area for which a Commissioner of Police has been appointed, means the Commissioner of Police thereof and includes any such Deputy Commissioner of Police, exercising jurisdiction over the whole or any part of such area, as may be specified by the State Government in this behalf in relation to such area or part;]

1. Subs. by Act 55 of 1971, s. 2, for the former cl. (d) (w.e.f. 13-12-1971).
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992