New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by SMJ » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:36 pm

Now is the only time to act though I don't know what it is we can do :roll: Once this is approved by both houses I guess we can forget about reversing it! The biggest problem though lets face it gents, is that we are but a handful of people, most don't care about strict fire arm laws in India. Stampmaster has a great idea but NRA funds a lot of political campaigns as far as my knowledge goes coupled with the fact that most Americans are still pro guns!

One thing brought out in the one of the video's Stampmaster shared is clearly the same issue that we face - make the law stricter and harsher for criminals instead of introducing regressive laws that affect the honest citizen :evil:
Last edited by SMJ on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
rahul_does
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Location: Yamunanagar, India, My bike, wherever I keep my bag.

Post by rahul_does » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:49 pm

So, what now?
Time heals many wounds and time wounds many heels.

ashokpkl
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashokpkl » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:34 pm

I feel disappointed it's more than .22 and .177. It's about logic and having a team which understands shooting and shooters and takes decision without prejudice. For example the rejection of a license application without giving reason bases decision making on personal whims, profiteering and prejudice. Giving discretionary powers to Govt servants is something that GOI is planning to finish...so why give it to an officer granting or denying an arms license. Also, with .22 Air Rifles being included in Licensed Arms the number of licensed arms (now including Air Rifles) should be allowed to go to 4/5...with the 4/5th being the Air Rifle.

Finally, the process for Licensing Air Rifles should be limited to .22 cal and .25 cal Magnum Air Rifles and should be a simple process.
Last edited by ashokpkl on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashok Vashisht

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:45 pm

What next now??

1. Find a good lawyer in respective states.
2. Create team for marketing the cause with mail and social media. Create a petition to get signatures.
3. Collect donations for the cause- Lawyer fee, court fee and other expenses.
4. Meet local rifle associations, manufacturers, retailers, shooters and members with similar interests to market and meet concerned personalities to support our cause.
5. File a case in High Court and get a stay.

Filing a case will cost around Rs 5000- 20000 as lawyer fee and misc charges like court fee etc about Rs 5000. Finding a Treasury who will manage the funds and also a team coordinating with lawyer to create case file.

Its high time now, doing things individually and just posting here. I'm ready to Volunteer and contribute monetarily.

Any further suggestion will be great.

NOTE- Lawyers and other legal experts IFGians support is very critical to take this ahead.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

ashokpkl
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashokpkl » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:52 am

Talking specifically of Licensing of guns which are not Firearms (viz. Rimfire & Centrefire Rifles, Pistols and Revolvers, Shotguns of 20/16/12/10 Gauge) the process should be simple and more a registration based process.
Ashok Vashisht

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:26 am

rahul_does wrote:So, what now?
Stampmaster has given a detailed suggestion. In short my suggestion is besides other efforts, prepare for a solid legal challenge to this nonsense in Supreme Court especially the Constitution Bench. It needs to be noted that from 1947 till date no sensible legal challenge has been put to stop this fraudulent nonsense that has been going on. In mean time those who can should contact the MPs, especially those in opposition parties to stall these Arms Rules 2016 from getting passed especially in the Rajya Sabha.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:26 pm

The middle path would be to present the AR to the authorities and have a AR dedicated certificate issued by them with the serial no. of the AR, whether .22 or .25 or what ever. But who would tell them this.

Marksman

rahul_does
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: RE: Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by rahul_does » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:15 pm

StampMaster wrote:What next now??

1. Find a good lawyer in respective states.
2. Create team for marketing the cause with mail and social media. Create a petition to get signatures.
3. Collect donations for the cause- Lawyer fee, court fee and other expenses.
4. Meet local rifle associations, manufacturers, retailers, shooters and members with similar interests to market and meet concerned personalities to support our cause.
5. File a case in High Court and get a stay.

Filing a case will cost around Rs 5000- 20000 as lawyer fee and misc charges like court fee etc about Rs 5000. Finding a Treasury who will manage the funds and also a team coordinating with lawyer to create case file.

Its high time now, doing things individually and just posting here. I'm ready to Volunteer and contribute monetarily.

Any further suggestion will be great.

NOTE- Lawyers and other legal experts IFGians support is very critical to take this ahead.
My aforementioned friend is an 'Advocate on Record' in the Supreme Court.
He needs a week to settle his office, after a month long vacation.
I am going to take the petition to him, after 15th.
Cheers.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:40 pm

Hello Rahul,

Thanks for update. There are other too in the forum who have taken up the issue to file case (thanks to them too).

However, as individuals we can only accomplish to a certain extent. It has to be team work. And I dont want your/our efforts slow or come to halt for any reason including- financially or technically (petition can be- a. stay on the new rules or b. stay only on thing which are not in our favor)

For point b we need assistance of seniors from IFGians and other who have been fighting for this cause. This will reduce the effort we put and reduce time lines to file the case.

Keep posted

Cheers..
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

Peacefulguns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Peacefulguns » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:22 pm

I have been told that Precihole and other manufacturers are camped in Delhi trying to tell them they are wrong.

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:28 pm

AFAIK The notification has already been tabled in the parliament on 2nd August. Unless we want to become cons en masse, we should Step Up our game in right earnest!

rahul_does
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rahul_does » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:31 pm

Peacefulguns wrote:I have been told that Precihole and other manufacturers are camped in Delhi trying to tell them they are wrong.
That's great news! Does anyone remember 'The Distinguished Gentleman'?

He lobbies!
Peacefulguns wrote:I have been told that Precihole and other manufacturers are camped in Delhi trying to tell them they are wrong.

Added in 1 minute 10 seconds:
nitroex700 wrote:AFAIK The notification has already been tabled in the parliament on 2nd August. Unless we want to become cons en masse, we should Step Up our game in right earnest!
Till 15th, my hands are tied. Let me check with my 'Advocate on Record' in Supreme Court, tomorrow morning.

rahul_does
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rahul_does » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:31 pm

nitroex700 wrote:AFAIK The notification has already been tabled in the parliament on 2nd August. Unless we want to become cons en masse, we should Step Up our game in right earnest!
Till 15th, my hands are tied. Let me check with my 'Advocate on Record' in Supreme Court, tomorrow morning.

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:25 pm

rahul_does wrote:

I think it will be a good idea for you to speak with NAGRI guys and co-ordinate. I am doing what I can in my own way..

ParekSachin91
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ParekSachin91 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:22 am

It says that sport shooters can buy upto 500 cartridges in a year, but does the LA permits 500 cartridges as it's basic ammo quota or the applicant has to ask for it?