Regarding approval of live firearms license

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
nEErd
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Regarding approval of live firearms license

Post by nEErd » Sat May 13, 2023 9:19 pm

I currently do not own any live firearms or pellet-based airguns since I'm underage. However, I'm interested in owning a handgun(preferably imported) once I'm of the legal age to own a firearm. However, the catch lies in the fact that I do not seem to satisfy any of the three criteria mentioned in the Firearms Act under which a license can be issued to a civilian. So, can I apply for a license with either recreation or hunting as the criteria to own a firearm? Or are the criteria not followed too strictly if you have a clean background check?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Regarding approval of live firearms license

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sun May 14, 2023 1:57 pm

Hunting is strictly prohibited for all type of wild life and Firearms are not for recreational purpose. Better you join a shooting club first and then you will learn the required norms.
You can also apply In sports category if you can justify the same.
Regards

Shivaji

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Mon May 15, 2023 1:16 pm

Hi,
Owning a weapon is a very responsible task, at legal age you should be proficient in weapon handling, discipline, and etiquettes as it can cause dire consequences.

You can only own a weapon if you prove to the commissionerate/collectorate authority that either you are involved into a business/profession where in you may face death threats, or may need a weapon for self protection like business near sensitive areas or jobs like a journalist or a lawyer for example. We have 7 arms license in my family as we are involved into Print News media and as we cover crime incidents and incidents where we expose people, companies etc doing anti social activities, people might have animosity with me, So that reason is perfect for defending your need for a weapon, Or an ex army who might be interested in a job of watchman/bodyguard etc for which he/she needs a weapon. Normally ex army/ex police, journalists, lawyer gets the self defence license..

On contrary Sports license can also be granted if you show proof that you are or wanting to be a shooter, Also weapon for protection of farms/farming lands can be granted as farmers also need protection for wild boars etc. Sport arms license is also special as you get to import a weapon and limit of ammunition you can buy is higher as shooters need ammunition for target practice. Normally for protection for farms, people ask for a 12 bore permission rather than a handgun.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon May 15, 2023 7:21 pm

You can only import a firearm if you are a renowned shot or are transferring residence from overseas.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.