Need more gun?

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Need more gun?

Post by xl_target » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:13 am

Are you suffering from a caliber deficiency?
Did your last encounter with a Velociraptor go badly because all you had was a .32 S&W long? :cry:
Well, don't worry, Anzio Ironworks Corporation has the bigger hammer.
http://www.anzioironworks.com/index.html (Check out their hunting photos. Talk about overkill!)

How about this "lightweight" fifty?

Not big enough for you? :shock:
Has that neighbor with his noisy TATA been bothering you? :mrgreen:
How about a magazine fed 20 mm rifle?

from L to R: .223, .338 Lapua, .50 BMG, 20mm Vulcan

All images from Anzio Ironworks Corporation's website
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Need more gun?

Post by MoA » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:27 am

At about $30 a round... no thank you. Besides I love my shoulder quite a bit. Shooting even a .338 Lapua without a suppressor is fairly uncomfortable. Most people will not like the recoil in a .300 Winmag at the pper edge of the spectrum without a brake.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:37 am

Wow :shock:

That should be an overkill even for dinosaurs.Any idea what's the intended application is especially as it is meant for the civilian market ? If our Indian enthusiasts like to shell out $30K for relatively piddly .32 cals, I am sure they would like to lay their hands on stuff like this too.More bang for the buck etc.

Thank you for sharing.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:08 am

I think I would require 2 fully filled cement sacks, on each shoulder, for firing this beast. Just throwing that 20mm Vulcan at someone will bring one down. :)

Supposedly, FBI's purchasing 2 of these. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009 ... ppressors/

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:56 am

Vikram wrote:Wow :shock:

That should be an overkill even for dinosaurs.Any idea what's the intended application is especially as it is meant for the civilian market ? If our Indian enthusiasts like to shell out $30K for relatively piddly .32 cals, I am sure they would like to lay their hands on stuff like this too.More bang for the buck etc.
As to its intended purpose, I suppose it would be anti vehicle. For civilian purposes, I suppose it could be used for long distance shooting. I have no idea what the effective range or the ballistics of something like that would be. It is the same round used in the Phalanx, the CIWS (Close In Weapons System) used on US ships for anti missile defense. They are the things that look like an R2D2 with a chain gun that you see on US ships. Indian Navy ships of Russian origin use a 30mm shell in their CIWS (pronounced See-Whiz in the US).

Hauling that around a battlefield would be a pain as they are 6 ft 8 inches long! The kick doesn't seem that bad. There is a video on the site that shows one being fired. A lot of the recoil will be attenuated by the muzzle break. I have a friend who fired a .50BMG in a Barrett and he said that it was certainly bearable. He was told by the owner that the muzzle break was designed to take some of the sting out of it. I will try and attend the same show next year so I can give it a try too. I think it was $15 per shot.
[youtube][/youtube]
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:33 pm

A good muzzl brake will reduce recoil by about 30%. A good suppressor by more than 60%.
Despite that I have no wish to shoot a Vulcan.
.50 BMG I have shot, with a brake and in a good heavy rifle it is a little more than a .300 WM without a brake. Even then I wouldnt want to shoot it day in and day out. It is a good way to develop a flinch and mess up accuracy and shooting technique.

Anything can become bareable. A few years ago I went three days with a broken elbow, and by that time the pain was well within the bareable range. Which doesnt mean I would do that again... :twisted: :cheers: