Enquiries on "Meher singh and sons" and "Khurmi gun works"

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
savan92
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Enquiries on "Meher singh and sons" and "Khurmi gun works"

Post by savan92 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:12 pm

Hello Friends
My name is Savan Rajput s/o Baldev Singh Rajput from JAMMU. My Father is the solo propritors of Meher singh and sons and my cousins Are the
Joint propritors m/s khurmi gun works.I want you all to know that we were facing some family disputes which will be settel soon and we will be in production again soon. So if you have any enquiries till we get back in production , please don't hesitate to ask. MY cousin Kunal khurmi has already joined th blog and answered some of your questions. If you have any further questions , please ask

Thank you
Your's sincerely
Savan Rajput.
Last edited by savan92 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Enquiries on "Meher singh and sons" and "Khurmi gun works"

Post by Sakobav » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:37 am

Savan
Welcome aboard...
Wishing both of the concerns and companies best of luck..
One question we all have - why cant India make decent guns :deadhorse: like Turks or even Daud sons in Pakistan

India is a great captive market has the know how - bring in consultants if not there are enough pointers on this board. Sorry for the vent ...Do post often and enlighten us all? DO you guys repair shotguns ? Say replace barrels etc?

Best

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:22 am

Sad to hear about the family disputes. Hope everything gets settled amicably. :cheers:

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:06 am

Welcome Savan,

There is a need for international quality Indian firearms (read shotgun in this case) in our country. Unfortunately due to several reasons our manufacturers are unable to deliver goods, thus making the buyers opt for extremely expansive at least 25-30 years old imported firearms.

Younger people like you and Kunal who are in the manufacturing business can get together and bring about a "change" .

best,

Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:46 am

Welcome Savan,

Glad you guys are joining IFG, Now you can hear feedback about your guns straight from the users. As members already asked you questions regarding your products. I would also like to ask for the same. Please post often and best of luck on the legal front.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:07 am

Savan,

Any plans on making something that is atleast as good as the cheapest of the shotguns sold abroad or atleast of the same quality as the ones that IOF used to sell in the market at one point of time? Something that would hold together for a couple of thousand rounds,patterns well and does not handle like a club and weigh as much.

BTW modern machinery and 'imported' seamless tubes are not essential for making good shotguns.You can get very good steel in India as well as any equipement that you may need.Lack of these are just excuses for the shoddy products that most makers churn out in India.If a person has the skills he can make a high grade shotgun using just files and chisels.

If you do make a 'good' shotgun,I foresee no problem in you being able to sell it for 30-40,000/- considering Indian market conditions.

tingriman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by tingriman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:11 pm

Welcome fo IFG Savan,
I am also waiting your response to the points already raised by the members

cheers,
tingriman

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:16 pm

Welcome aboard, it good to hear fresh younger blood joining in to continue the old heritage and tradition.
We hope sincerely that you all are able to settle all the disputes amicable and start churning out Good quality gun which can not help sportsperson but also make all of us self reliant in this field and final journey of being able to use guns produced by ur firms in international arena Ameen :D

savan92
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by savan92 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Dear friend ngrewal
India is capable of making very good guns if we use new modern machinery and good quality steel.The problem is that the proper machinery costs too much and the ones available in India are mostly second hand.Is is very hard to find brand new machinery.
And for your second question , Yes, we do repair Guns.As the family disputes are going on , our factories are shut. i will ask my father and get back to you if we will be still repairing guns.

Thank you
Savan Rajput.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:57 am

Savan

Appreciate the feedback.. hopefully the matter will be sorted soon.

Regarding repairs if you check there is another post by a member who wants to have a barrel repaired..

I agree the machinery is costly but a good gun in India can easily sell for Rs1 lakh and above. India makes good CNC macinery and I doubt shotgun manufacturing requires very expensive CNC machines. Also any foreign company would love to partner with an Indian firm or assist with design.

Check this start up

http://www.connecticutshotgun.com/

An example just across the border

http://www.daudsons.org/index.php?link=1

Check this article about Turkish shotguns the latest entrants to this market
http://www.chuckhawks.com/turkish_invasion.htm

Its easy to make suggestions from the side lines but India has great need and market for decent guns..
:deadhorse:

Best

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:28 pm

savan92 wrote:if we use new modern machinery and good quality steel.
I hope you are able to get back to making guns very soon.

Re. getting good machines as being essential to making good shotguns,I would like to point out that this is not the case.If this were so,IOF would be making world class guns as they have procured some of the best machinery in the last couple of years.The advantage that the maker across the border seems to have that we do not seem to have is skilled workforce.Most of the gun makers in India rely upon labour from Bihar and this also partly accounts for the indifferent quality of the guns being churned out.

A good machine shop is not going to be that expensive to set up provided you know that to get.Might I suggest a visit to a couple of gun makers in Europe.Would give you an idea of how to go about setting up your shop.

Firearm technology has not changed that dramatically.Some of the old Pratt and Whitney machines are still being used to make rifle barrels.Many of the parts,these are being cast rather than being machined from solid.The .315 rifle receiver is cast,so too are many other parts used in small arms made by the IOF.

You can make very good guns with simple tools if you have the skills.

A good place to gain information would be the following forums

http://nitroexpress.com/

http://24hourcampfire.com/

Steel is pretty easy to source from India.Or you can try this site

http://carpentersteel.com/

Wishing all the best and hoping that you get down to making reliable guns