Ok the cost of weapons in India

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Ok the cost of weapons in India

Post by MoA » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:05 pm

Is incredibly high. Or even insanely high in some cases. However what I dont get is why on earth are airsoft guns so outrageously priced?
Looking at the prices, it is more than what the real things cost to begin with. I dont get it, would someone please explain this to me.
Getting an airsoft distributorship almost looks like a great idea.

For Advertising mail webmaster
tingriman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Ok the cost of weapons in India

Post by tingriman » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:03 pm

MoA wrote:Getting an airsoft distributorship almost looks like a great idea
MoA , best wishes, go ahead and get the dealership :D :wink:
atleast, I can except some special discount, being IFGian :lol: :P

regards,
tingriman

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:32 pm

The truth: GREED. Dearth of good quality arms and airsoft guns's and availability of only inferior local made ones creates a seller's market here. Everybody wants to make a killing. :x The seller's convert the prices into rupees, they add the transportation charges, then they add their own slab of profit which in some cases go upwards of 100% or more. And there's no dearth of people who would buy it.

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:29 am

Everything seems ridiculously overpriced. Blank firing, air soft everything...
I thank my stars that I can get my guns at a fraction of the cost of what you guys pay. Hell my Vz-58 with 1K of ammo probably cost less than what an airsoft sells for. If I remember correctly I paid less than half of what a blank replica would cost in India for a P-22 with silencer (that cost more than the damn pistol) and a few K of CCI SV and SS ammo.

I really dont understand how you guys put up with it. :cheers:
:deadhorse:

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:52 am

"I really dont understand how you guys put up with it." Its the ominous and degrading sense of fatalism and helplessness 'chalta hai' attitude. roughly translated ..'it is what it is just accept it"

http://www.authorstream.com/presentatio ... owerpoint/

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:58 pm

I knew mr ***** in the city ****** He showed me his airgun dealership. (no he didnt deal in firearms).

It was in a BIG showroom. It was a kinetic honda/hero honda showroom whose agency he owned prior to becoming an airgun dealer.
He said he was making good money so didnt need a honda dealership!

In 1997/98 he charged slightly less than 2000 for an airgun which i remember was more than ihp/national airgun.

I dont know the name of these desi airguns he sold but i distinctly remember that their barrels werent even rifled; they were smooth bored!!

some of them were shaped like stenguns etc some others a la 'iof 315 up style' in the other post.

I asked about accuracy and he said no one wanted them for shooting competition but for security. He also had some paper/cardboard contraption like a diwali cracker that would fit in the breech and when the gun was fired, the pellet would hit this cracker making a loud bang and a bit of smoke.

He also sold these patakha's to the buyers and ive seen it with my own eyes people were queing up to buy these pieces of metal.

He said he makes more than 1000 rs (back then) per gun. I was in his shop for 3 hrs i saw many customers and sales. Plus many people came for these patakhas.

He said people cant get licenses so are willing to invest money in these 'guns'.

I also met many 'sarpanch' who had come to buy these guns for their village for protection. The panchayat had put in some money and each sarpanch bought at least a couple of guns esp the 'stengun'.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.